Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:25 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 721 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 37  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:53 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

For the want of starting a new thread or bumping an old one, thought I'd comment here.

Stephen Gough CEO of the MCG had announced his retirement today.

Did get his football administration start at Carlton many years ago.

If he still has any Carlton leanings is it worthwhile the current Board sound him out for a position.

Would have good insight into home ground negotiations in the future.

Who know he might work a miracle and facilitate a new redevelopment at Princes Park.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:18 pm 
Vale 1953-2020

SurreyBlue wrote:
:lol: ... so the AFL have made (given) all the sh1t ViC teams Etihad as their home ground ....

20 years on and none of these sh1t teams have still not had any success, well blind Freddy would see that as a even a bigger reason for us to move out. :donk:

Hang on. First y'all are saying that teams are shit BECAUSE they play at Etihad. Now you're saying that teams play at Etihad BECAUSE they're shit.

I say it's neither.

Isn't it possible that teams are shit AND they play at Etihad, AND there's no causal link.

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F .........
Visit http://fromthemoshpit.com/

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:49 pm 
Rod Ashman

moshe25 wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:
:lol: ... so the AFL have made (given) all the sh1t ViC teams Etihad as their home ground ....

20 years on and none of these sh1t teams have still not had any success, well blind Freddy would see that as a even a bigger reason for us to move out. :donk:

Hang on. First y'all are saying that teams are shit BECAUSE they play at Etihad. Now you're saying that teams play at Etihad BECAUSE they're shit.

I say it's neither.

Isn't it possible that teams are shit AND they play at Etihad, AND there's no causal link.

you are being pedantic- this is a chat site not a university essay where every word is scrutinized

the point is etihad affects the whole of club issue on all aspects of the club - football performance, gate receipts, membership, cash flow, TV rights, game time - that is why teams are poor performers - talk to footy administrators that say the same thing

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:13 pm 
Vale 1953-2020

Mosquito Fleet wrote:
moshe25 wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:

I say it's neither.

you are being pedantic- this is a chat site not a university essay where every word is scrutinised.......

Fantastic. Refuge of scoundrels. Say anything, and then when called on it, say "you are being pedantic".

I'm not being pedantic. I'm saying there's no causal link between playing at Etihad and being shit.

Essendon* played at Etihad in 2000 and was fantastic..

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F .........
Visit http://fromthemoshpit.com/

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:05 pm 
Bruce Doull

Might want to ramp this up a notch by looking at form trends during and after a block of matches where a team has played 70% or more at Etihad.

I reckon it is a shittier surface, but not as horrid as it used to be.

Or 20 ways to start a fight.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:27 pm 
Rod Ashman

moshe25 wrote:
Mosquito Fleet wrote:
moshe25 wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:

I say it's neither.

you are being pedantic- this is a chat site not a university essay where every word is scrutinised.......

Fantastic. Refuge of scoundrels. Say anything, and then when called on it, say "you are being pedantic".

I'm not being pedantic. I'm saying there's no causal link between playing at Etihad and being shit.

Essendon** played at Etihad in 2000 and was fantastic..

Ive stated that Essendon* won a premiership after their 1999 debacle....the first year of etihad...they have the best financial deal than any other club...im saying this is an abberation and not the norm as they played equal split of mcg and etihad for the whole year including finals...

Post subject: Carlton's home: the 'G
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:54 pm 
Craig Bradley

moshe25 wrote:
Mosquito Fleet wrote:
moshe25 wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:

I say it's neither.

Melbourne, Richmond and Collingwood all play at the G....end of argument

We are Carlton, @#$%&! the rest !!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:02 pm 
Geoff Southby

It is also a non argument which has a better playing surface.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:04 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Still annoying that we have a stadium with such a hard, shit surface.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:08 pm 
Rod Ashman

teagueyubeauty wrote:
moshe25 wrote:
Mosquito Fleet wrote:
moshe25 wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:

I say it's neither.

Essendon*** played at Etihad in 2000 and was fantastic..

Melbourne, Richmond and Collingwood all play at the G....end of argument

glad you mentioned collingwood - prior to bucks have consistently been playing finals with 9 to 11 MCG home games -add on the mcg away games as well - they have wrapped up all the coterie rooms even for our home games - their MCG deal has helped them more than our deal with etihad.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:09 pm 
Rod Ashman

cimm1979 wrote:
Still annoying that we have a stadium with such a hard, shit surface.

that is one issue we agree upon :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:11 pm 
Bruce Doull

That's partly because Collingwood believed the 21st century is real. It took us 10 years-plus to accept it.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:24 pm 
Geoff Southby

AGRO wrote:
For the want of starting a new thread or bumping an old one, thought I'd comment here.

If he still has any Carlton leanings is it worthwhile the current Board sound him out for a position.

Who know he might work a miracle and facilitate a new redevelopment at Princes Park.

Good get Agro.....................yep,get him back to the joint in some capacity of which im not sure coz Trigg is going well.Even as a board member.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:57 pm 
Rod Ashman

Mickstar wrote:
AGRO wrote:

Good get Agro.....................yep,get him back to the joint in some capacity of which im not sure coz Trigg is going well.Even as a board member.

I understand that Goffy has declined the request on radio today

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:01 pm 
Geoff Southby

Mosquito Fleet wrote:
Mickstar wrote:
AGRO wrote:

I understand that Goffy has declined the request on radio today

Bugger ! must have something big in the pipeline.Shame.As well as being a top administrator was a top bloke.Might change his mind later.

Post subject: Carlton's home: the 'G
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:13 pm 
Craig Bradley

Use him as a consultant....doesn't need to be there in an official capacity

We are Carlton, @#$%&! the rest !!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:54 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

moshe25 wrote:
Mosquito Fleet wrote:
moshe25 wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:

I say it's neither.

Drugs are bad m'kay...

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:52 am 
Stephen Kernahan

teagueyubeauty wrote:
Use him as a consultant....doesn't need to be there in an official capacity

That'd be nice...expensive...but nice. Probably one of the few administrators who has proven capacity to understand and implement how a club can safeguard their business by having guaranteed income that’s not dependent on the teams form.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:39 am 
Bruce Doull

Step 1. Invent time travel
Step 2. Secure grandfathered lease in the early 20th century
Step 3. Profit

Stephen's a good guy, but he'd want to bring more to the table than contract knowledge, and the extent of that would be key to any position at the club (probably a board seat if anything official).

Here's a good interview from 2014:

http://www.theceomagazine.com/images/pd ... 14_MCC.pdf

Or 20 ways to start a fight.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:31 am 
Stephen Kernahan

I had the same thought about Gough.

He declined who on radio?
He hasn't been asked by anyone connected at carlton yet and if they did, I hope they wouldn't do it on radio.

You would have to offload someone rather than add him. Bye Bye Gleeson.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 721 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 37  Next