Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 9:04 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 11:09 am 
Harry Vallence

I am in Sydney this weekend and was hoping to watch Richmond v Carlton on Fox Footy at a pub somewhere in Sydney. Does any one have any info on where the best spot to watch is?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 12:01 pm 
Bruce Doull

Percy's on Miller St will show the AFL if you ask, they have a number of Fox decoders.

Otherwise, the NSW supporter group meets at The Royal Hotel, Randwick - 1 Cuthill St Randwick 2031 (near cnr Belmore and Coogee Bay Roads).

Depends where in Sydney you're going to be staying.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 1:20 pm 
Bruce Doull

If you get really desparate the Cameldome is just a three hour drive away and if you ask nicely mrs camel will resrve you a seat on the couch! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 1:21 pm 
Bruce Comben

I have been to the Royal for the last two games and while they will play the game, not sure about the NSW CFC club. Against freo there was a table of people but only about 5. Friday night, did not notice anyone, and I tried the front and back bars.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 1:28 pm 
Bruce Doull

camelboy wrote:
If you get really desparate the Cameldome is just a three hour drive away and if you ask nicely mrs camel will resrve you a seat on the couch! :lol:

I'm thinking of making my way to the Cameldome....I might be spending some time in or about Mittagong over the weekend, if i can spare the few hours.......I might see you then.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 3:19 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

I had my first experience's viewing the greatest team in history interstate the past two weeks. Found the Central in Port Douglas to be great. Live Port Vs Geelong Friday night, followed by Live Hawthorn Vs Kangaroo's, Live Carlton Vs Freo, Live Bulldogs Vs Crows. (This probably made it better than Victoria given the Live Saturday afternoon game).

Little more difficult in Trinity Beach the next week, Carlton Hawthorn on at the pub from 9:30pm or on Ch 9 at 11:15.

Thank god I live in Victoria!!

"there’s more chance of me becoming the full forward for the [Western Bulldogs] than there is of any change in the Labor Party." Julia Gillard 18-05-2010

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 4:10 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

They're near the pokies at the back Mattress. For the WCE Wizzer Final there were about 20 of us.

There often aren't that many, usually more for Saturday and Sat arvo games. Fewer for night games.

Sticks, PM me your email address and I'll forward you the email that the NSWCFC Network sends.

cheers,
Clem

PS. There's a good chance I'll be going there this week to Randwick (or least be a bit late but likely to be there).

- Igor Stravinsky

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 5:23 pm 
Bruce Doull

Kaptain Kouta wrote:
camelboy wrote:

I'm thinking of making my way to the Cameldome....I might be spending some time in or about Mittagong over the weekend, if i can spare the few hours.......I might see you then.....

No probs KK. ;)

(Although after looking at my diary I have a meeting from 10am-1pm followed by a luncheon, so I might be cutting this one fine dammit!)