Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:45 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 8:22 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Eddie on Brown, no chance in hell..... Wallace would instruck brown to play out of the goalsquare and he would distroy Eddie.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 8:30 pm 
Bruce Doull

It's going to be a nervous week. Like others have mentioned, their talls bother me.

I hate feeling nervous before playing the paper tigers - it just feels wrong :lol:

Post subject: Bannister for Brown
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 8:31 pm 
Rod McGregor

bosman wrote:
Eddie on Brown, no chance in hell..... Wallace would instruck brown to play out of the goalsquare and he would distroy Eddie.

Bannister for Brown will wear him like a glove

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 8:32 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

CK95 wrote:
It's going to be a nervous week. Like others have mentioned, their talls bother me.

I hate feeling nervous before playing the paper tigers - it just feels wrong :lol:

We've got the goods to cover one, maybe two of Richo, Stafford or Simmonds. We cannot let their midfield get a sniff or their forward line will absolutely smoke us I reckon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 8:36 pm 
Bruce Doull

Deano Supremo wrote:
CK95 wrote:

We've got the goods to cover one, maybe two of Richo, Stafford or Simmonds. We cannot let their midfield get a sniff or their forward line will absolutely smoke us I reckon.

Yep, interesting week at the selection table. We need to bring in talls & will lose smalls.

What to do...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 8:38 pm 
John Nicholls

CK95 wrote:
Deano Supremo wrote:
CK95 wrote:

Yep, interesting week at the selection table. We need to bring in talls & will lose smalls.

What to do...

Prender, Bryan, Davies IN
Carrots, Chambers, Campo OUT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 8:38 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

CK95 wrote:
Deano Supremo wrote:
CK95 wrote:

What to do...

Campo, Chambers and Carrots may force our hand anyway...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 8:43 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

My concern is Richmonds 3 talls in Stafford, Richo and Simmonds... Don't forget they stole Knobel from us as well.

If I remember correctly, Simmonds had a day out last year at OO, but his kicking at goal let him down.
Rd 18 Troy Simmonds 11kick 8marks 2handballs 1goal 5behinds.

Throw in Brown and Krakouer they have quite a potent forward line...

I hope its pissing down rain actually, might take their tall timber out of the play a bit...

Our midfield is the key to this game... Richmond are capable of kicking a swag of goals if their midfield gets on top...

Must bring Morrell or Norman...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 8:50 pm 
Rod Ashman

Yes they did steal Knobel from us however we took Betts with our pick, despite needing talls I'll take Betts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 9:02 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Blue4ever wrote:
Yes they did steal Knobel from us however we took Betts with our pick, despite needing talls I'll take Betts.

Love it when the AFL try to screw us and we screw them. Barney's form this year has made Knobel not needed.

"there’s more chance of me becoming the full forward for the [Western Bulldogs] than there is of any change in the Labor Party." Julia Gillard 18-05-2010

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 11:57 pm 
Craig Bradley

blueman wrote:
Would you rather Carlton plays a confident Richmond that has thrashed Port Adelaide or a Richmond coming off a loss?

I think we're much better off coming up against them after they've had a win. Nice to be playing a team who hasn't got a smashing and media baking during the week.

Having said that, I think we'll struggle to match them for personnel reasons. Although the 8 day break should give us a chance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 9:05 am 
Rod Ashman

TruBlueBrad wrote:
Blue4ever wrote:

Love it when the AFL try to screw us and we screw them. Barney's form this year has made Knobel not needed.

You must be up getting a beer from the fridge when we get smashed every time DeLuca goes into the ruck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 9:07 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

nightcrawler wrote:
TruBlueBrad wrote:
Blue4ever wrote:

You must be up getting a beer from the fridge when we get smashed every time DeLuca goes into the ruck.

So you'd rather Knobel than Betts then?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 9:17 am 
Bruce Doull

Richo is the one that scares me, he's in rare form atm, and if the Tuges can get the ball into him with something resembling precision then I think he'll be very hard to stop.

A bit of rain and control of the midfield is what we need to win this one I think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 9:54 am 
Ken Hands

T Bird always does very well on Richo. I went to the Richmond game and the thing that will expose us is their talls (although not very good ones). Simmonds, Knobel, Richo, Stafford will be hard for us to man up on. We need to expose their lack of pace and reliance on Brown and Richo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 10:43 am 
Trevor Keogh

We should win comfortably. Agree their talls could be a worry, but our midfield should be able to stop the supply going forward. i am confident Kouta/Stevens/Jonno/Scotland will beat their midfielders of Johnson/coghlan etc. In fact after those two, they dont have much else in the middle. Waite wil need to fire again as they have no-one who can go with him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 11:03 am 
Ken Hands

I reckon you are underestimating the Tigers redskins. Did you see their game yesterday? Got a sniff and just ran with it. Our backline is pretty small and will struggle if Richo has a day out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 11:22 am 
Rod Ashman

Deano Supremo wrote:
nightcrawler wrote:
TruBlueBrad wrote:
Blue4ever wrote:

No, I think Betts is a better long term option, I just think we shouldn't pretend the lack of a second proper ruckman to backup Barny isn't hurting us.

I hope we throw the kitchen sink at Longmuir at the end of the season. We shouldn't forget that Barney is 30 now either.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 11:24 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

nightcrawler wrote:
Deano Supremo wrote:
nightcrawler wrote:
TruBlueBrad wrote:
Blue4ever wrote:

No, I think Betts is a better long term option, I just think we shouldn't pretend the lack of a second proper ruckman to backup Barny isn't hurting us.

I hope we throw the kitchen sink at Longmuir at the end of the season. We shouldn't forget that Barney is 30 now either.

Agreed, but at the end of the day if we had Knobel chances are we wouldn't have Eddie.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 11:24 am 
Rod Ashman

chief wrote:
I reckon you are underestimating the Tigers redskins. Did you see their game yesterday? Got a sniff and just ran with it. Our backline is pretty small and will struggle if Richo has a day out.

And T-Bird won't get away with a lot of what he has in the past given the current "interpreation" of the rules.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next