Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:46 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 12:48 am 
Bert Deacon

http://www.realfooty.theage.com.au/real ... 89578.html

interesting article - good read and food for thought!

He got carey sorted - he can at least do a bit of a job on Fev and even your Camporeale's and other players who've got a bit of attitude!

50th game coaching the Blues tomorrow - i hope there's 350 more left in him!

Rich

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 6:30 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Na na na na na na na Leader
Na na na na na na na Leader
Leader
Leader
Leader

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 8:18 am 
Geoff Southby

Thank god that was written about us before this weeks game - surely this will make us win. Effort was big in 2004? Who is he kidding? We had patches of effort, and a few patches of woeful undereffort. This year, apart from kicking for goal, we've had it in there.... with a bit of luck we'd have been 4-1! In any time period you'd take a 3 goal away loss to Freo, geesh, some of these comments are off track. Everything except leadershuip.... which we sorely lack.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 8:32 am 
Laurie Kerr

Well Koutta is 2nd only to Judd in clearances for the season, Stevens is third. Stevens is also third behind Bolton and Dal Santo in uncontested ball gets. French is number one for CB hitouts and third behind Everitt and white for total hitouts. Stevens once again is 2nd behind Ling at CB clearances
Stevens is 5th in rebound 50's.

So IMO you can lay off the criticism of French Stevens and Koutta- the stats speak for themselves.
Out of the 8 in the leadership group-
1. Fevola is a Mug. He is starting to believe his own press. Needs to stop giving us false hope with his "undoubted talent" At the moment he is stopping another key forward from developing. Develop some Character or Piss off to the Weagles.

2. Lance. The master of footy smarts. Unfortunately the game has passed you by son. No injuries this year as an excuse. If he is so smart then he should realise how slow he is. With his complexion he should realise that he is the epitome of "white men cant jump".
A smart man would look at the tests that are run at draft camp and realise that he would come last in all of them. The game needs more than smarts now- you need to be an athlete as well. Stop thinking and start doing.

3. Camporeale. I have more tollerance for Campo than some although he does seem to let the taggers get to him. He needs to watch the replay from last week when Voss layed a very heavy tackle on Judd- IMO after he had disposed of the ball(should have been a free). Voss couldnt even bring him to ground properly- such was Judds strength and balance. Instead Judd quickly regained balance and was after the ball despite Voss giving him a fist in the bread basket . Campo the ball is your focus not these negating taggers. I have seen you play well against them you just need to do it every week.

4. Prendergast- I might be wrong but I thought he was injured.

5. Lappin has been thrown around the ground too much but despite this has definitely been a contributer.

6. Teague not up to last years standard- but with Thornton and Livo out, he has been asked to handle better players . Certainly has been playing with courage and should not be critisized.

In the end the only players I have a real problem with is Fevola and Whitnal. Both were our stars in the Wizza and have since gone missing. No targets up forward means easy rebounds putting pressure on our weakened defence, and with the flood tactics, exhausting our midfield who were going well in the preseason.
Time for Whitnall and Fevola to start providing the contest to give our crumbers and others a chance to hold the ball in our forward 50 and hopefully convert.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 8:33 am 
Ken Hands

"French and Prendergast have been too busy shoring up their own positions on the list to be expected to pull others along with them."

Very unfair to Barney. Barney has been great this season and last. The jurnos who think they know something about football often appear pig ignorant of the value of some players to the team.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 8:47 am 
Bruce Doull

Some of the detail the article may be a bit off, but the basic premise of the piece is sound. We don't have enough leaders. We need them ... now!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 9:00 am 
Robert Walls

Yes leadership is lacking - something not really discussed at length on TC :wink: but Rohan's comments on Kouta exposes his ignorance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 9:25 am 
Bruce Doull

I think the salient point on leadership coming out of that article was Kouta saying something along the lines of.. "I didnt lecture Campo and he knows better"*half smile* :roll:

To me thats disappointing and again shows where were at!!!

No he doesnt know better Kouta..thats why hes done it 2 times this year. It doesnt matter if its your vice Captain Kouta you need to set the tone and keep them in line...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 9:35 am 
Bruce Doull

Here we go again on the Lance issue. It staggers me that people fail to recognise that it's very hard to kick goals and play in an attacking role from CHB. Since the 25 minute mark of the last Quarter in the WC GF we've been down 1 and then 2 KP backmen. This means Lance has to go back to plug holes because let's face it, who else can do the job, Karl - I don't think so.

Let's wait 'til he plays the position he's designed for where he can lead, mark and deliver into the F50 rather than chasing a CHF's rse around - we saw what he can give us in the WC over 4 weeks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 10:36 am 
Geoff Southby

The Duke wrote:
Here we go again on the Lance issue. It staggers me that people fail to recognise that it's very hard to kick goals and play in an attacking role from CHB. Since the 25 minute mark of the last Quarter in the WC GF we've been down 1 and then 2 KP backmen. This means Lance has to go back to plug holes because let's face it, who else can do the job, Karl - I don't think so.

Let's wait 'til he plays the position he's designed for where he can lead, mark and deliver into the F50 rather than chasing a CHF's rse around - we saw what he can give us in the WC over 4 weeks.

Good first post :wink:

Ronald Reagan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 11:03 am 
Ken Hunter

The Duke wrote:

Well Said Duke.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 11:32 am 
Robert Walls

therubbernub wrote:
Out of the 8 in the leadership group-
1. Fevola

Isn't and was not even interested in being in it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 11:38 am 
Horrie Clover

The Duke wrote:

Spot on Duke.

The thing that really annoys me is that when the key forwards play well, it's attributed to the midfield delivery, but when they have a shocker their sh*t. In the Wizzer our midfield & half backs pushed hard, created contests & left the forward line open so Fev & Red could operate. Now the real stuff has started, everybody says the opposition has worked out Fev & Red. Could it be that key injuries have destabalised the side & the midfield/half backs are not pusing as hard & creating as many contests?? We seem to be missing the confidence to back our team mates & run forward to create. I don't know. I've got a headache!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 11:41 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Fair enough article....no solutions though...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 11:50 am 
Laurie Kerr

Quote:
Isn't and was not even interested in being in it.

And yet everyone talks about him being the face of the club

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 12:45 pm 
Craig Bradley

Rohan is Synbad :shock: !!!!!!! :lol:

Still just the sort of article to help motivate the boys.

L.M 35-06

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 12:53 pm 
Harry Vallence

Yep it's time we got a rocket! Hopefully Rohan's article will have a success rate as good as Wallsy's.

YARRAN!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 1:19 pm 
Robert Walls

BlueMark wrote:

Now that's nasty Mark.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 3:08 pm 
Bruce Doull

BlueMark wrote:

Still just the sort of article to help motivate the boys.

Tony Shaw is really BLue Mark... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 3:28 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

If we do get up tonight this is the flipside to Wallsy's articles and Rohan will get all the credit for the win!