Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:10 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: Trial By Media.
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 9:55 pm 
Bruce Comben

From afl.com
Carlton faces an anxious wait for the result of the AFL's video review with their two best players - spearhead Brendan Fevola and midfielder Nick Stevens - certain to come under heavy scrutiny following incidents during Saturday's loss to Fremantle in Perth.

Why not kick us whilst we're down! :x :x :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 10:25 pm 
Bruce Doull

In the last few years I've noticed that incidents such as these are given enormous scrutiny and it almost forces the AFL into acting on even soft ones like the Stevens one so they are seen to be cleaning up the game.
Channel 9 are the worst, they repeat incidents ad nauseum with the commentators all chiming in with their opinions.

At least the commentators on Fox diplomatically simply said Fevola was involved in an incident that looked bad, Ch 9 would have been much more comdemning.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 10:35 pm 
Rod Ashman

I don't think Stevens was any more negligent/reckless than Tarrant

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 10:41 pm 
Bruce Doull

Stevens simply made a clumsy attempt to spoil and Bell acted like he'd been struck by a meteor.
Full forwards have been getting whacked in the back of the head for years, but Lloyd aside they're tough enough men to take it, this was no different. Bell has always been a buckle-at-the-knees, duck-the-head-when-he's-about-to-be-tackled, free kick milking soft cock.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 10:44 pm 
Craig Bradley

Wojee wrote:
Stevens simply made a clumsy attempt to spoil and Bell acted like he'd been struck by a meteor.
Full forwards have been getting whacked in the back of the head for years, but Lloyd aside they're tough enough men to take it, this was no different. Bell has always been a buckle-at-the-knees, duck-the-head-when-he's-about-to-be-tackled, free kick milking soft cock.

:lol: :lol:

L.M 35-06

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 10:48 pm 
Rod McGregor

C'mon Wojee, tell us what you really think :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:51 pm 
Bruce Doull

So, am I the only one disgusted by what Fevola did to Antoni Grover on the weekend. I reckon I saw enough to know what he did was disgraceful and should NEVER happen on a football field. He should @#$%&! know better.

NOT HAPPY FEV!!! :x

Post subject: I Agree in sorts
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 6:04 pm 
Rod McGregor

camelboy wrote:
So, am I the only one disgusted by what Fevola did to Antoni Grover on the weekend. I reckon I saw enough to know what he did was disgraceful and should NEVER happen on a football field. He should F@%&#! know better.

NOT HAPPY FEV!!! :x

Fevola was silly but he did have an arm wrapped around his throat and cuttin off his air supply so i think he was trying to break free of Grover or is his name Groper nott good by fev but not totally to blame

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:00 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Maybe Fev should use the Daryl Wakelin defence - he was swinging at me so I had to defend myself :garthP: .And claim that Grover's act of putting him in a headlock upside down in which he was blinded by Grover's torso caused him to instinctively grapple for anything to get free. If you watch the footage closely he doesn't gouge his face and pulls his hand away once he realises he's touching Grover's face. Clubs have certainly put up more ridiculous defences to get players off charges. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:04 pm 
Bruce Doull

That may be the case, but I can't find any excuse for what I saw. :oops: