Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:47 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1231 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:08 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Fev was in the clear - the team thing would have been to pass it and it looked as if kennedy knew he was there too. He also copped a gob full off Fev.

Most Players you would have expected to kick that so you cant blame Kennedy for having a ping he has been under a bit of pressure lately and a goal would do his cause no harm . Fev on the other hand brings pressure on himself .

It was one of about 200 poor decisions made in the day - no big deal really

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:09 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Jarusa wrote:
Jeez the IQ of this forum has fallen lately.

I never compared Fev's 60 metre torp attempt with Kennedy's shot.

All I said was if the roles had been reversed in the Swans game with the Kennedy missed shot there would have been people here calling for Fev's head.

Please read it more slowly this time so you have some chance of understanding this most complex argument.

Sorry Jars, must be the blonde in me today. :-D Still think you have to compare apples to be fair.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:15 pm 
Bob Chitty

popeye wrote:
Jarusa wrote:
DownUnderChick wrote:
Jarusa wrote:
Imagine the upoar and abuse that would have been happening against Fevola on this board if roles had been reversed with what young Kennedy did in the second quarter.

Double standards.

Jars I didn't see the game. What did JK do in the second?

Had a shot on the run and missed from about 25-30 metres out on a bit of an angle. He had Fev alone in the goalsquare for the handball.

No big deal, just a young bloke backing himself, might have been nice if he had handballed but nothing to hang the guy over.

However, if it had been Fev in the same situation with Kennedy in the square this thread would be ten pages longer.

25-30m out with an easy shot v. 80m torp. Mmmm let me see ....

Also, Fev wasn't in the goalsquare, he was about 5m in front at a 45deg angle.

But anyway, after one quarter of chasing he was back to his old tricks, he only got that goal in the last coz he was lazy. Leopard doesn't change his spots.

Dont know where you watched the game from - but that goal he kicked in the last had nothing to do with him being lazy. The commentators said the same thing - that Barry had run off and Fev didnt chase. It was obvious in the play that Fev chased Malceski (yes he didnt catch him, but he chased)- thats why he ended up on his own on the flank, when the ball turned over he got it and kicked the goal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:42 pm 
Laurie Kerr

timetodeliver2004 wrote:
popeye wrote:
Jarusa wrote:
DownUnderChick wrote:
Jarusa wrote:
Imagine the upoar and abuse that would have been happening against Fevola on this board if roles had been reversed with what young Kennedy did in the second quarter.

Double standards.

Jars I didn't see the game. What did JK do in the second?

Had a shot on the run and missed from about 25-30 metres out on a bit of an angle. He had Fev alone in the goalsquare for the handball.

No big deal, just a young bloke backing himself, might have been nice if he had handballed but nothing to hang the guy over.

However, if it had been Fev in the same situation with Kennedy in the square this thread would be ten pages longer.

25-30m out with an easy shot v. 80m torp. Mmmm let me see ....

Also, Fev wasn't in the goalsquare, he was about 5m in front at a 45deg angle.

But anyway, after one quarter of chasing he was back to his old tricks, he only got that goal in the last coz he was lazy. Leopard doesn't change his spots.

Dont know where you watched the game from - but that goal he kicked in the last had nothing to do with him being lazy. The commentators said the same thing - that Barry had run off and Fev didnt chase. It was obvious in the play that Fev chased Malceski (yes he didnt catch him, but he chased)- thats why he ended up on his own on the flank, when the ball turned over he got it and kicked the goal.

Do you think if Fev was on the lead that Malceski would catch him? :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:46 pm 
Bruce Doull

Jars, I got cross at Kennedy for that missed shot, and yeah, Fev was sitting pretty although on the replay, from a different angle it looked as though there was a Sydney player closer to Fev than I first thought. But, point taken, you're right we would have read lots about it on here had Fev been in Kennedy's position and done likewise.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:13 pm 
Ken Hunter

Jarusa wrote:

Double standards.

I would have been part of this hypothetical ten-page longer thread, but only if Fev would have passed to Kennedy.

Kennedy would have dropped the mark.

God I hope I am wrong about JK. And before he turns 23.

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:53 pm 
formerly Yazzamatazz

You can't compare Kennedy and Murphy with Fev as they don't have a habit of doing that.....

Good on Kennedy for backing himself. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:18 pm 
Horrie Clover

Kennedy looked like a kid in a candy store running for the last lolly!

Good on the kid for having a crack at a goal. He will learn from that, no doubt.

He is a massive unit and for all those doubters, lets just wait until he actually grows into that massive frame!

As for Jarusa, he is possibly right. We have so high opinion of Fev at his best that anything less than that is shite!

Double standards, I think not. Tolerance and nurturing for our youth, maybe.

I would like nothing more than to see Fev, (The Chin That Struts) come out and destroy a side.

Lets be serious. We all want to see our side win, each and every week. If not and the result was a forgone conclusion, we would not bother.

But that is just thing, the unknown!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:20 pm 
Harry Vallence

The pass to Fev was not on ... he would have got mowed down the moment the ball got into his hands.

I can't believe people are making an issue of trivial things like this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:26 pm 
Garry Crane

verbs wrote:
Fevola's shooting for goal from set shots has been ordinary this year. A big part of our demise.

Amen to the voice of reason and insight!
Not flower difficult to see.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:28 pm 
Serge Silvagni

when you win a coleman medal you usually fall back abit then consolidate. think of a stock chart when it shoots up retraces then consolidates....fev will consolidate next year..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:33 pm 
Garry Crane

thedominator wrote:
I've mentioned this before in previous posts but since this kid just won the NAB rising nomination this week, it shows I may be onto something.
Fev for Westoff plus a pick or Fev to Freo Pavlich to Port and Westoff plus pick to Carlton....mark my words this kid will be the next James Hird of the AFL.

God I hope the kid doesn't become an over-rated medja wonderboy living off a reputation forged over one year and whom his mates in the medja gush over and orgasm everytime he goes near the ball.
Decent player is Hird but reality check is needed on his reputation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:21 pm 
Harry Vallence

dadadadada wrote:
The pass to Fev was not on ... he would have got mowed down the moment the ball got into his hands.

would you be sayin dat if it was feva instead of kennedy? i dont think so.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:37 am 
Vale 1953-2020

chyna wrote:
thedominator wrote:
I've mentioned this before in previous posts but since this kid just won the NAB rising nomination this week, it shows I may be onto something.
Fev for Westoff plus a pick or Fev to Freo Pavlich to Port and Westoff plus pick to Carlton....mark my words this kid will be the next James Hird of the AFL.

God I hope the kid doesn't become an over-rated medja wonderboy living off a reputation forged over one year and whom his mates in the medja gush over and orgasm everytime he goes near the ball.
Decent player is Hird but reality check is needed on his reputation.

:roll: :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:52 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Fevolution wrote:

You've got me there.
I never say "dat".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:38 am 
Robert Walls

Blue Vain wrote:
Fevolution wrote:

You've got me there.
I never say "dat".

:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:17 am 
Serge Silvagni

chyna wrote:
verbs wrote:
Fevola's shooting for goal from set shots has been ordinary this year. A big part of our demise.

Amen to the voice of reason and insight!
Not flower difficult to see.

Here's a conspiracy theory, "Fev's been told to miss set shots to guarantee priority Pick"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:14 pm 
Harry Vallence

Fevolution wrote:
dadadadada wrote:

Where I have stated on this forum that might suggest otherwise ???

You wouldn't have a chip on your shoulder by any chance about anything and everything Fev related.

Simple thing was the pass was not on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:31 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

What a pointless and irrelevant argument.

Jarusa introduced a diversion and kept this thread alive when it should be dead. Typical ALP tactics

Kennedy should have passed it off but didnt. He'll learn from that. :lol: That is irrelevant to the argument over whether Fev should have been suspended after the Freo game.

I thought Fev was good on the weekend. Chased hard. He's still not at his best, but he had a go. I hope to God he's a Carlton player till he retires, but I still support the club's actions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:37 pm 
Bruce Doull

A lot of Carlton supporters haven't forgiven Fev for "dissing" Big Nick. Some of them post here.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1231 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62  Next