Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:43 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 12:42 pm 
Harry Vallence

Fully support Synbad's comments.

I'm sick of people criticising Fevola when he doesn't get the ball.

It might be fair enough in some respects for his behaviour, put that's purely a product of team mates letting him down through shite delivery, added to umpire frustration.

We need someone like a Longmuir playing beside him to make us look more than one dimensional, taking the focus off of Brendan and hopefully preventing double and triple-teaming.

You don't have to be a genius to work out that if you beat Fevola you beat Carlton.

I would say that makes him invaluable, not someone you'd piss off to another team.

NOW YOU'RE JUST SOME CLUB THAT I USED TO KNOW.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:53 pm 
Bruce Doull

I got no problems sticking up for Fev on the weekend in regards to his play. Our delivery to him, and our forward 50 in general, has been pretty crap this year. It is our skills that are letting us down, not our endeavour, or our hard ball gets, or anything else ... turnover, turnovers, turnovers!

:x

However, I cannot defend Fevola's actions towards Grover, they were and will always be, inexcusable!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 6:13 pm 
Bruce Comben

Ryan8024 wrote:
Very humerous.

Btw, in a way you're right. A donkey would've been more effective than Fevola yesterday. At least donkey's have their hands (or equivalent) on the ground.

It's a bit hard to mark the ball with your ankles.

Yeah, poor delivery into the fwd line costs us again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:44 pm 
Harry Vallence

What a ridiculous thread poor taste as well ballistic how old are ya?? Still takin the bat and bal and going home? (is it at all probable that we can trade ballistic to the tiggers they need another feral)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 9:56 am 
Trevor Keogh

my reasons for calling Fev a donkey. When going for a mark the ball goes through his hands, he runs under the ball or tries to mark the ball with one hand. When the ball hits the ground he struggles i have seen ruckman more agile than him. Sometimes he takes the luckiest marks. He does chase but anyone can chase and apply presure. He is not a one grab foward, he does have a big body but constantly gets out bodied. I know it is hard to play full foward these days with the foward 50 so crowded but i cant help it when i watch Fev play he reminds me of a donkey.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 10:01 am 
Bruce Doull

ballistic blues wrote:
my reasons for calling Fev a donkey. When going for a mark he ball goes through his hands, he runs under the ball or tries to mark the ball with one hand. When the ball hits the ground he struggles i have seen ruckman more agile than him. Sometimes he takes the luckiest marks. He does chase but anyone can chase and apply presure. He is not a one grab foward, he does have a big body but constantly gets out bodied. I know it is hard to play full foward these days with the foward 50 so crowded but i cant help it when i watch Fev play he reminds me of a donkey.
Ballistic Blues... most of the time if you watch the full backs on Fev theyre all over him like an octopus. How many marks did he bring down when hes clearly been interfered with. You can only use one hand when youre using the other to push away from a guy holding onto you...
The other thing is the ball comes down shithouse!!!
I reckon Fev gets lesss free kicks for than Lloyd or Riewoldt.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 10:53 am 
Bruce Doull

Synbad wrote:
ballistic blues wrote:
my reasons for calling Fev a donkey. When going for a mark he ball goes through his hands, he runs under the ball or tries to mark the ball with one hand. When the ball hits the ground he struggles i have seen ruckman more agile than him. Sometimes he takes the luckiest marks. He does chase but anyone can chase and apply presure. He is not a one grab foward, he does have a big body but constantly gets out bodied. I know it is hard to play full foward these days with the foward 50 so crowded but i cant help it when i watch Fev play he reminds me of a donkey.
Ballistic Blues... most of the time if you watch the full backs on Fev theyre all over him like an octopus. How many marks did he bring down when hes clearly been interfered with. You can only use one hand when youre using the other to push away from a guy holding onto you...
The other thing is the ball comes down shithouse!!!
I reckon Fev gets lesss free kicks for than Lloyd or Riewoldt.

And that's including Riewoldt being out injured!

I reckon the holding the man decision has been chucked out. Seems now the only way the umpies will pay a free to a forward is if their arms get hit. Clearly you can push them in the back (Tredrea v Geelong) and hold on to them for as long as you like (Fev at any stage during Freo).

What's the bloody story!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 11:01 am 
Rod Ashman

You know, at first on Saturday I thought there was a bad case of home town umpiring going on, but the longer the game went on the more I realised that the umpires were just shit. Freo copped as many non-decisions and bad decisions as we did.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 11:06 am 
Bruce Doull

nightcrawler wrote:
You know, at first on Saturday I thought there was a bad case of home town umpiring going on, but the longer the game went on the more I realised that the umpires were just shit. Freo copped as many non-decisions and bad decisions as we did.

Yep agree with that too, they were atrocious on Saturday.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 11:08 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 11:21 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

C'mon Tyrant, I thought this sort of thing just restricts free discussion?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 12:34 pm 
Rod Ashman

Synbad wrote:
Fev is being double and triple teamed. Just go back and watch it.

`What we need is another BIG target man... one that opposition defenders have to counter .. this will take away some of the attention Fev gets and free him up.
Plus a midfield that can hit targets.

Fev is just doing it really tough in there.
Yes he has a weakness but his positives surpass that weakness if he gets some help to do what he is there to do. Be on the end of a thread of teamwork and capatalise.

Who could be the other BIG target man... what about Waite? i know he isn't massive but he is tall and he is mobile and he does go hard for the ball. Why not put whitnall on the bench (or drop him) and see what Waite can do?

Fev has the potential to be one of the great Carlton players but doesn't seem to have the room/mobility to take chest marks. Can't we clear out the forward line a bit?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 12:46 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Deano Supremo wrote:
C'mon Tyrant, I thought this sort of thing just restricts free discussion?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 2:00 pm 
Garry Crane

Trolling is what some people do on the internet

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 2:01 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Captain Obvious wrote:

Thanks for pointing that out, Captain Obvious.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 2:03 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Deano Supremo wrote:
Captain Obvious wrote:

Thanks for pointing that out, Captain Obvious.

I thought it was Ralph Wiggum. :roll:

Winston Churchill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 3:23 pm 
Horrie Clover

Synbad wrote:
He never gets the free kicks...
Not only is he swarmed but when the ball comes in it comes in crap... every now and a while it comes up ok and he fluffs it cos by that time he is out of synch.

`What we need is another BIG target man... one that opposition defenders have to counter .. this will take away some of the attention Fev gets and free him up.

If Fev is being triple teamed (which i know he is) why cant we ever seem to find the two Carlton players which have to be free. My theory is that if the oppisition has two free talls on fev then where are talls for us??? i understand that one may be on the back line but that means that there is still 1 carlton player free. If we utilise this player it means that the oppisition has to be more accountable and so therefore fev will not constantly be flanked by defenders.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 3:42 pm 
Ken Hunter

nikki wrote:
Synbad wrote:
He never gets the free kicks...
Not only is he swarmed but when the ball comes in it comes in crap... every now and a while it comes up ok and he fluffs it cos by that time he is out of synch.

If Fev is being triple teamed (which i know he is) why cant we ever seem to find the two Carlton players which have to be free. My theory is that if the oppisition has two free talls on fev then where are talls for us??? i understand that one may be on the back line but that means that there is still 1 carlton player free. If we utilise this player it means that the oppisition has to be more accountable and so therefore fev will not constantly be flanked by defenders.

Now don't go being logical Nikki. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 7:33 pm 
Bruce Doull

Problem is theyre too static. The whole forward line is just too crowded and theyre zoning of Lance because they dont rate him. Waite and Deluca have been beneficieries of this as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 10:17 pm 
Horrie Clover

Synbad wrote:
Problem is theyre too static. The whole forward line is just too crowded and theyre zoning of Lance because they dont rate him. Waite and Deluca have been beneficieries of this as well.

That is the other problem with our forward line. It either has noone in it or it has about 20 people in it.I know that it will take him out of the play a bit but why doesn't Fev (or at least someone) stay in the goal square and go on a hard lead as our defence clears. I guess this is what is meant to happen but the forward 50 is usually to crowded. Even then i have noticed that we need to bring the ball to ground as often as possible...to many times the oppisition backman take marks which ggives our crumbers no chance and often results in a fast break

Anyway, I will stop ranting now