Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:15 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 5:05 pm 
Geoff Southby

Welcome to Round 5 of Wolfister's Weekly one cent stats for season 2005 - yes, we are a day early this week as the big blue office at the bottom end of town is officially wagging tomorrow!

Similarly to last week, there aren't many stats to report on this week - and what there are don't really amount to anything special! This will be the 15th time Carlton and Fremantle have met, with Carlton winning 8 of the previous 14 clashes (57.1%) at PM+162. In recent years however, our record has been far from impressive, winning only 1 of our last 5 (PM-76) and 5 of our last 10 (PM+80) - this includes losing our last 4 on the trot. We've won only 3 of the 8 clashes at Subiaco (37.5% at PM-41) and 4 of our 9 games in Perth (there was one at the WACA) - 44.4% at PM+28. Interestingly, this will be the 7th time in the last 9 encounters with the Dockers to be played in WA. Another interesting fact is that only 3 of the 14 games to date have been decided by less than 3 goals... so perhaps we should expect a one sided game on Saturday.

Round 5 hasn't been the best Round for the Blueboys, winning 62 of 106 starts (58.5%) at PM+472. This makes Round 5 only our 18th most successful round on record... and for the record, given last week's result, we've only drawn once in Round 5 - June 4 1921 against South Melbourne at the Lake Oval... of course as we all remember there were huge riots between some Preston based Carlton supporters and South Melbourne supporters there that day... ahead of the times they were... I mean, they were throwing flares before they were invented!. In recent years our Round 5 record has actually been OK, winning 3 of our last 5 (PM+48) and 5 of our last 10 (PM+3) - and this includes winning our last 2 (something we can't say too often!) - last year against the Eagles (made famous by Walker's debut and Kekovich's indiscriminate call) and 2 years ago against North at the Dome. We have never played the Dockers in Round 5 - and interestingly we have never played outside of Victoria before in Round 5!

Our April 23 record, once again, isn't much chop... 3 wins from 7 starts (42.9%) at PM-41. On the plus side, none of these matches have been against the Dockers, and our last April 23 start resulted in an interstate win over Brisbane at the Gabba - this is our only interstate April 23 clash to date.

Till next week, remember that 82% of statistics prefer their eggs sunny side up.

Wolf out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 1:07 am 
Bruce Doull

Oh Mr Wolf..........

i can't believe those numbers.......!

they lie don't they.............?

cos if they do.........well iiiii ortaaaaaaa........!

kindest regards tommi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 10:11 am 
Bruce Doull

100% of camels say there will be a Carlton win this week.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:21 am 
Rod Ashman

tommi wrote:
Oh Mr Wolf..........

i can't believe those numbers.......!

they lie don't they.............?

cos if they do.........well iiiii ortaaaaaaa........!

kindest regards tommi

aorta??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 1:52 pm 
Harry Vallence

Another crucial stat for me..... I just realised that this weeks game is on my ex-wifes birthday.

That is a very, very bad omen.

Has every one seen "Play Misty For Me?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:51 pm 
Bruce Doull

Oh yeahhhh..........

one of my all time fav's Enn Tee...........!

i'm very familiar with the issues Clint
experiences..........!

and the fact that we hear...."the first time
ever i saw your face".......is a bonus......!

kindest regards tommi