Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:14 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:45 am 
Bruce Doull

I just fired off an email to Moulton and Harrison with the following suggestion...

One of the things we’re missing out on is a true blockbuster date that is owned by Carlton, such as the familiar Collingwood/Essendon* ANZAC Day fixture. I’ve sent emails suggesting Good Friday football to the club in the past, I’m not sure how realistic an option this would be. Mind given today’s news, perhaps an Easter Monday fixture would be better anyway.

However, onto my latest idea. Could there be a chance of hooking up with Beyond Blue and trying to organise a regular Tuesday, or should I say, Bluesday, fixture once a year. Perhaps with Jeff Kennett’s involvement in the charity a Carlton v Hawthorn fixture could be arranged in recognition of the great tussles of the 80s between the two clubs. This could be a great way to secure some very positive press, generate good gate receipts, and of course, a more than worthy charity would benefit too. And a charity that is probably closer to the heart of many AFL players than we would realise. At this early stage it seems like a win-win situation.

Whaddyareckon?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:48 am 
Herald Sun columnist

Great idea Camel. There is a lot that the club gets involved in but not the recognition from the media.

A BB day would be an absolute ripper of an idea even if it means hooking up with Kennett.

“It is a state of mind, a system of belief, a way of seeing the world, a deep faith that, because you are Carlton, you belong to something great.” - Mike Fitzpatrick articulating what Out of the Blue means.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:49 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Everyday is Bluesday :-D

No seriously, sounds like a good idea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:08 pm 
Craig Bradley

She-Chair!!!

I've been dreaming of a Carlton blockbuster - and I reckon the almost merged, but saved themselves Hawks fans would have as well. Its been bloody depressing for both clubs, however the reference to Beyond Blue puts that feeling into perspective for both sets of fans.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:38 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

All around the country there are little weedy sub-editors waiting for this to happen so they can whip out

LOSEDAY

It would be a work of pure genius

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:39 am 
Trevor Keogh

The Carlton Vs Hawthorn (beyond Blue) would be ok however it will never reach the spectacle of an Anzac day or even the Peter Mac cup....

I think there are too many meaningless cups in the AFL these days e.g Nicky Winmar award (BB and STK) and Daveid Parkin award (Carl VS Hawthorn)

I dont wont to have a debate on this, but i wouldnt want Good Friday Football...

Hijacking the Easter monday game would be great IMO

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:59 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Great idea CB.
I'd like to see a "Bluesday" or a "show us your colours" day during the year where everyone is encouraged to wear a Carlton item of clothing for the day.
Whether it be a polo shirt, scarf, beanie, badge or pin, G Banger, whatever.
We could pick a Tuesday perhaps the week leading up to the season opener where thousands of people are putting their loyalty on show.

It would be good to be catching the train or walking down the street and acknowledging other blues supporters. It may also prompt some people to sign up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 3:14 pm 
Bruce Doull

bluehammer wrote:
All around the country there are little weedy sub-editors waiting for this to happen so they can whip out

LOSEDAY

It would be a work of pure genius

Or

PEE N' POOS DAY

should the Hawks win

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:55 pm 
Bruce Doull

Another boat missed...

http://afl.com.au/Season2007/News/NewsA ... wsId=41381

:|

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:06 pm 
Harry Vallence

GEELONG VS HAWTHORN

IN LAUNCESTON

Wow!

What a BLOCKBUSTER!!!!

They might even get 10,000 there!!!!

That would be almost as big as the KANGAROOS VS PORT game in Canberra!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:12 pm 
Craig Bradley

Anzac Day is the one truly marketable modern day blockbuster. The fantastic thing about it for Carlton is that Essendon* and Collingwood hate us more than they hate each other.

Our blockbuster is Grand Finals.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:43 pm 
Geoff Southby

camelboy wrote:
I just fired off an email to Moulton and Harrison with the following suggestion...

One of the things we’re missing out on is a true blockbuster date that is owned by Carlton, such as the familiar Collingwood/Essendon* ANZAC Day fixture. I’ve sent emails suggesting Good Friday football to the club in the past, I’m not sure how realistic an option this would be. Mind given today’s news, perhaps an Easter Monday fixture would be better anyway.

However, onto my latest idea. Could there be a chance of hooking up with Beyond Blue and trying to organise a regular Tuesday, or should I say, Bluesday, fixture once a year. Perhaps with Jeff Kennett’s involvement in the charity a Carlton v Hawthorn fixture could be arranged in recognition of the great tussles of the 80s between the two clubs. This could be a great way to secure some very positive press, generate good gate receipts, and of course, a more than worthy charity would benefit too. And a charity that is probably closer to the heart of many AFL players than we would realise. At this early stage it seems like a win-win situation.

Whaddyareckon?

Good Friday football at some stage is a certainty.Against it myself,but if its gonna be,its gonna be.......So yeah,good idea Camelboy.

Goodfriday night against "The Tiges",the old enemy,would be just fine.

Leave Pies and Bombers out.There got there Anzac thing goin'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:45 pm 
Craig Bradley

Good friday footy has worked in the BFL for a few years with Eaglehawk v. Kangaroo Flat... bit different with the drought, but still a success

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:48 pm 
Horrie Clover

carlton shoud just hijack the monday Queens birthday clash.
i bet collingwood would rather play carlton aswell.
mr. pratt should just fork out and pay the demons a little bit of money so they back out.

:-D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:49 pm 
Bruce Comben

Camelboy,

Did you ever get a reply from the guys?

Cheers