Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:27 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 9:42 am 
Bruce Doull

George stands and delivers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 9:44 am 
Bruce Doull

George Harris wrote:
Yes, give me a dollar for each time KB said "stands and delivers" and "tough in the clinches".

Don't forget the age old favourite "He bends it back". :x

Anyone who reckons KB is a good commentator has some issues IMO. :lol:

That said, the commentary was much better than having to sit on the couch next to Mum gritting my teeth every time she said "C'mon Port" or "kick a point" whenever Carlton was taking a set shot on goal.

:|

You're a wicked man Deano! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 10:22 am 
Melbourne Supporter

u should ahve watched teh dogs v eagles game.....if u want shizen..i reckon i could give a more accurate call of a WA game without even watching it...

as for

BlueWorld wrote:
Actually the game is on FTA in Adelaide.

Oops!

that doesn't help them either...they can't afford a TV

Mazen Kerbaj

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 11:47 am 
Craig Bradley

Maybe they're banking on them watching it through shop windows!

PS For what it's worth, I don't mind Kevin Bartlett as a commentator. I don't even completely hate Matthew Campbell when he actually commentates. It's just that there's not a lot of commentating going on. There seems a fair bit of 'barracking' going on. It would be a bit like having Ian Coutts giving special comments.

It makes me wonder whether it's a deliberate station policy, or whether some of the commentators aren't professional enough to retain some level of independance. Chris McDermott at least has the excuse of never leaving Adelaide. But Matty Campbell certainly doesn't have that excuse.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 1:02 pm 
Trevor Keogh

demon2 wrote:
u should ahve watched teh dogs v eagles game.....if u want shizen..i reckon i could give a more accurate call of a WA game without even watching it...

as for

BlueWorld wrote:
Actually the game is on FTA in Adelaide.

Oops!

that doesn't help them either...they can't afford a TV

Hahahahahahahahahaha LMAO mate. Gold!

Overseas we only get the Adelaide radio commentary where they put about a 1percent affort not to sound biased. When the Blues got 4 points up, one of the fellas whispered "we only need one more..." and the others were laughing about it... Painful to listen to...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 1:03 pm 
Rod Ashman

I don't know how many times 'stevens kicked it to..... oh teague kicks it to stevens' & vice versa.

If the stats sheet shows that stevo had 42 possessions then you know why...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 1:52 pm 
Harry Vallence

The crowd was actually booing Teague at one point, thinking it was Stevens.

NOW YOU'RE JUST SOME CLUB THAT I USED TO KNOW.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 4:10 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

AGRO wrote:
No way on God's green earth that KB wanted us to win tonight - he is a miserable, shrivelled, wizened little man, who has hated Carlton with a passion for over 40 years, the fact that the other Fox commentators kept on saying that KB wanted Carlton to win shows how biased and crappy they were. :roll:

Nothing to do with commentating, but....I worked with KB for 10 years and a nicer person doesn't exist....and thats the truth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 4:13 pm 
Rod Ashman

Quote:
Yes, give me a dollar for each time KB said "stands and delivers" and "tough in the clinches".

And every time Dew got the ball: "the man with the golden boots" ...

About as many original comments as the number of handballs he gave during his career.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 4:33 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

jbee wrote:
Excluding KB, they are one eyed.
Every Carlton free that was 50/50 was called lucky.
Every 50/50 PA free was a free, including the one against Karl in the last quarter. Both players infringed on one another, play on.

Very one eyed! But mainly the WA or SA commentators. Jesus they piss me off. It's just disgracefull!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 6:43 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

kennyhunter wrote:
Quote:

And every time Dew got the ball: "the man with the golden boots" ...

About as many original comments as the number of handballs he gave during his career.

and then later on Fev became 'the man with the golden boots' :shock:

How many of these boots are there?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 6:50 pm 
Bruce Doull

One of them was calling Dew "The man with the leg" Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 8:53 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Warby wrote:
AGRO wrote:
No way on God's green earth that KB wanted us to win tonight - he is a miserable, shrivelled, wizened little man, who has hated Carlton with a passion for over 40 years, the fact that the other Fox commentators kept on saying that KB wanted Carlton to win shows how biased and crappy they were. :roll:

Nothing to do with commentating, but....I worked with KB for 10 years and a nicer person doesn't exist....and thats the truth.

Let me tell you a story (as related to me by my dear departed father) - is the this the same Kevin Bartlett who in his days in the Public Service (back in the late 70s/early 80s) who when he bumped into Tom Hafey in my father's cafe wanted to give back half his eaten lunch (and a get a refund) because Tom offered to take KB to the Southern Cross for lunch.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Winston Churchill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 8:25 am 
Adrian Gallagher

Well I was forced to listening to the game on Sat.night and the commentary on Fox could not have been as bad as it was on 5AA...Kenny Cunningham hardly knew a Carlton player by name so i was thinking Port were playing all over us with the amount of possesion they seemed to be having! It really was unprofessional.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:18 am 
Stephen Kernahan

I must have serious issues also cos I dont mind listening to KB.
I dont expect him to love Carlton cos while he was playing we were Richmonds no 1 enemy but he is overall fair.
Haveing played over 400 games I think he knows a bit more about the game then the rest of us.

Listen to the end of the 1st 1/4 after Fev was lining up for his 3rd. The comments of McDermott were an embarassment. KB at least showed up how biased he was. Graeme Cornes always says that Port are his worst team in the AFL (except for his sons) I am amzed that idiots like McDermott can overcome decades of rivalry. Think about it. If Collingwood or Essenscum were playing Sydney or Fremantle, how many of you would side with the Victorian team

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:11 am 
Rod Ashman

When we got back into it in the second quarter KB did make a very dry comment about "not having written the Blues off in the first 5 minutes of the game" the way his fellow commentors had.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 5:38 pm 
Rod Ashman

Keith Urban wrote:
Well I was forced to listening to the game on Sat.night and the commentary on Fox could not have been as bad as it was on 5AA...Kenny Cunningham hardly knew a Carlton player by name so i was thinking Port were playing all over us with the amount of possesion they seemed to be having! It really was unprofessional.

I too listened to the radio (long story) and it was disgraceful, lot's of moaning (true story!) and talking over each other, had NO idea where the ball was 1/2 the time and we seemed to have some new players playing for us, they were: Luke Norman, Ben Johnson & Adam Houlihan :shock: . I was disgusted.

Today, when I take a close look at my Baggy Green, as I often do, I see mateship, camaraderie and teamwork, and a sense of belonging. I hope that its legacy lives on and the spirit it provides stays strong. Stephen 'Tugga' Waugh - Never Say Die.