Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:03 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 5:21 pm 
Geoff Southby

tit&mouse, Longmuir has played very little football since comign over, and in fact, trained for only the past few months. Resting him was to keep his energy up i'm sure, to make sure he was movign around and leading as best as possible to fulfil his role.

betts, well, he just couldn't get into it in that first quarter, and paid the price.

very few players will get 120 minutes these days, i think it's about half the team max from last week's stats. especially in the forward line, pagan (and other coaches) are trying to create mismatches the whole time, say get longmuir on defender #5 rather than #3, so swap davies on for a bit, or kouta (or whoever) to make the most of who we've got.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:02 am 
Geoff Southby

molsey wrote:
Elwood Blues1 wrote:
I thought Longmuir was ok but his kicking for goal was just average and i would be preferring Brad Fisher as my 3rd marking option when fit.

Longmuir will be a handy fill in but isnt built up enough for me and lacks physical strength..I see him more as bait to get his bro over here than being a regular when we have a full list...I rate his bro very highly....

I just don't think there's enough room on AFL Lists for that sort of stuff - its great that someone somewhere may think brothers are worth it, but mine aren't. Longmuir is here because Pagan thinks he's the small marking forward option that we need - someone to hold the fort when fev and whitnall are up the ground. With Lappin needed up the ground, i think Pagan saw Longmuir going cheap and nabbed him.

Fort?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:32 am 
Bruce Doull

Yep, good effort by TLo I thought. Nabbed a goal with his first kick for the club, so that warrants a big pat on the back.

My only concern though is one for the future, and Tyrant has eluded to it ...

Does anyone reckon we'll ever see a forward line with the following four names in it?

Fevola, Whitnall, Fisher, Longmuir

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:41 am 
Geoff Southby

camelboy wrote:
Yep, good effort by TLo I thought. Nabbed a goal with his first kick for the club, so that warrants a big pat on the back.

My only concern though is one for the future, and Tyrant has eluded to it ...

Does anyone reckon we'll ever see a forward line with the following four names in it?

Fevola, Whitnall, Fisher, Longmuir

Alluded! Tyrants isn't one to elude anything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 12:23 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

nah, I'm cool on the forward line.

You can rotate those buggers around till the cows come home. And Fisher will end up a defender, in my EVIL GRAND SCHEME

Its the young midfielders I worry about.... and getting game time.

Troy Longmuir will be happy for what little time he has out there. He's a burst player.

At best: he'll be that Matty Lappin circa 2001 marking option.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 12:31 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Troy did something none of our forwards have been able to achieve this season.
He took 3 contested marks which is equal best in the aFL for the round.
Not a bad effort for a player with limited preparation and limited gametime.

Troy offers us something different in our forward line. With Betts as a crumber, Fev leading and Troy and Archie as marking targets, we are gaining some unpredictability and flexibility.
He doesnt have to kick a bag, Fev was our forward 50 target on 14 occasions and rightfully so.
Troy gives us an alternative and an effective one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:05 pm 
Robert Walls

Funny looking haircut though - sort of woolly looking.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:20 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Wild Blue Yonder wrote:
Funny looking haircut though - sort of woolly looking.

................... pubes!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:44 pm 
Bruce Doull

Yeah, kind of figured there was a growing theory for Fisher in defence. I'd be very happy to try him there, but get the feeling his ability to position himself for contested marks will see him add more value to our team as a forward.

Maybe TLo as an impact forward could be a goer, but I don't reckon our list is at the stage to really benefit from an impact type player. See Fremantle and Farmer/Medhurst.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 8:56 pm 
Bruce Comben

2 goals 2 from four kicks , first game for the club. not a bad effort could've snagged a few more if his kicking was straighter. I really liked the way he lead and his ability to hold the mark, he was providing an option as a third forward. Granted Fisher would probably get the nod from the Carlton faithful over T-lo, but on first impression i reckon he did alright

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 8:58 pm 
Bruce Comben

Actually while he was on , he played more of a second forward with Lance down back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 7:52 pm 
Harry Vallence

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A couple of Pagan's moves had me puzzled during the game..

Why was T-Lo off the ground during the game? IMO he was proving a real headache for the opposition with his marking -not so much his kicking- and provided a decent alternative option with Lance down back. Why would Denis bench him?

i still reckon he prob went off in the third Quarter after the last marking attempt he had wasnt paid and if you look what happened after his attempt he had about 2 -3 Port players kneeing in him the back so maybe got taken off after bein knocked around abbit was surprised he didnt get a free after he could have almost have been paid a mark [/quote]titimus Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 4:55 pm Post subject: