Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:14 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:39 am 
Harry Vallence

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/ ... 22,00.html

NOW YOU'RE JUST SOME CLUB THAT I USED TO KNOW.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:51 am 
Wayne Johnston

pretty sure the beginning was a while ago george, it's just how long the bulk of the story is dragged on for before the conclusion that we are all a little unsure about.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:45 am 
Robert Walls

Somebody might tell me I'm wrong...

But I have a vague recollection that Moulton was the name mentioned as a mate of Adrian Gleeson's a few weeks back. If that is the case, then he is only coming onto the Board to complete the Smorgon faction. That is, get rid of Valmorbida and Diggins, and bring some blokes on that will actually vote for Smorgon as President, and Sticks as VP.

The line that possibly gives it away is this:

Quote:
Moulton would prefer to join the board via an agreement with Smorgon, and may yet attempt to broker a deal before next week's board meeting. But he is prepared to fight for a position via a members' vote.

If Moulton was serious about 'shaking up the board' I doubt he'd be trying to come to an agreement with Smorgon. To me, this looks like the Smorgon forces pretending a challenge is on, when all they are really doing is improving their own position.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:08 am 
Bruce Doull

From where I sit, aspects of the club are a complete farce! :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:39 am 
Harry Vallence

camelboy wrote:

It looks like the Pagan being overruled by the board has been a beat up.

Ty Zantuck's dad is the only person who has said that. Pagan said he was overruled but not by the board. Pagan was overruled by the Football Dept.

There is nothing wrong with this IMO.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:42 am 
Trevor Keogh

Molly wrote:

But I have a vague recollection that Moulton was the name mentioned as a mate of Adrian Gleeson's a few weeks back. If that is the case, then he is only coming onto the Board to complete the Smorgon faction. That is, get rid of Valmorbida and Diggins, and bring some blokes on that will actually vote for Smorgon as President, and Sticks as VP.

Quote:
Moulton would prefer to join the board via an agreement with Smorgon, and may yet attempt to broker a deal before next week's board meeting. But he is prepared to fight for a position via a members' vote.

If Moulton was serious about 'shaking up the board' I doubt he'd be trying to come to an agreement with Smorgon. To me, this looks like the Smorgon forces pretending a challenge is on, when all they are really doing is improving their own position.

You're not the only one saying that Molly. Seems that the two businessmen being talked about as challengers, one of whom is Moulton, are actually Smorgon allies. Seems they're playing media games to make out these guys are the long talked about challengers. Perhaps a tactic to try and diffuse any ammunition a challenge to Smorgon might have.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:08 pm 
Harry Vallence

Hardly a challenge then. More of a branch stacking.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:21 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Clayman wrote:
camelboy wrote:

It looks like the Pagan being overruled by the board has been a beat up.

Ty Zantuck's dad is the only person who has said that. Pagan said he was overruled but not by the board. Pagan was overruled by the Football Dept.

There is nothing wrong with this IMO.

Clayman,

Unfortunately we have a board member as part of the football department. Does he change hats at football department meetings? If Sticks was not a member of the board then it is solely a football department decision.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:07 pm 
Harry Vallence

woof wrote:
Clayman,

Unfortunately we have a board member as part of the football department. Does he change hats at football department meetings? If Sticks was not a member of the board then it is solely a football department decision.

My point is, Pagan wasn't overruled by "The Board".

Steve Kernahan = 1 member of "The Board" (He does not make up the entire "The Board"). This matter was not discussed between members of "The Board". "The Football Dept" was not over-ruled by "The Board".

Steve Kernehan = 1 member of "The Football Department"
Pagan = 1 member of "The Football Department"

Pagan was over-ruled by a majority within "The Football Department", not Kernahan alone, but "The Football Department". This includes people like Ratten, Bradley, Libba etc. These people are not "The Board".

Hopefully this has cleared up the confusion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:05 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Clayman wrote:
woof wrote:
Clayman,

My point is, Pagan wasn't overruled by "The Board".

Steve Kernahan = 1 member of "The Board" (He does not make up the entire "The Board"). This matter was not discussed between members of "The Board". "The Football Dept" was not over-ruled by "The Board".

Steve Kernehan = 1 member of "The Football Department"
Pagan = 1 member of "The Football Department"

Pagan was over-ruled by a majority within "The Football Department", not Kernahan alone, but "The Football Department". This includes people like Ratten, Bradley, Libba etc. These people are not "The Board".

Hopefully this has cleared up the confusion.

Thanks for clearing that up. Now I can tell my friends that it has been another great week for the CFC club with board members and football department staff in the press saying we did say this but we did not say that.
One member of the BOARD who sits on the FOOTBALL DEAPRTMENT is one BORAD member too many in the FOOTBALL DEPARTMENT.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:16 pm 
Wayne Johnston

Clayman it wasn't the board. It was only the Vice President and CEO who were "involved" in the decision making. The second and third most important positions in the administration of the club.

"Smorgon had told The Age that the board did not intervene in this or any recruiting decision, although he did indicate that vice-president Stephen Kernahan and chief executive Michael Malouf would be involved in the decision-making process — a fact that might explain how Pagan was vetoed."

http://www.realfooty.theage.com.au/real ... 52509.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:28 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Mordan wrote:
Molly wrote:

Quote:

You're not the only one saying that Molly. Seems that the two businessmen being talked about as challengers, one of whom is Moulton, are actually Smorgon allies. Seems they're playing media games to make out these guys are the long talked about challengers. Perhaps a tactic to try and diffuse any ammunition a challenge to Smorgon might have.

Spot on from my POV.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:43 pm 
Bruce Doull

Moulton is part of the current power base to be.. and another Sticks Smorgon yes man...