Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:52 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 1:29 pm 
Rod Ashman

Two incidents:

1. Amazingly, the AFL think Fevola might be in the wrong in the situation where McLaren ran into his line of the ball going for the lead.

2. Camporeale for an elbow to Rhyce Shaw's head at a stoppage. I think Campo might be in trouble. It was careless. He might get one match.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 1:39 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Given he's been suspended already this year I think more...although with the new points system I'm not sure how that comes into it. If I understood it I'd try to calculate....might anyway. It was high, it wasn't in play, it was intentional...I think he'd get more than 1

"there’s more chance of me becoming the full forward for the [Western Bulldogs] than there is of any change in the Labor Party." Julia Gillard 18-05-2010

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 1:52 pm 
Craig Bradley

If Fev goes then the AFL is an absolute joke (some would say it already is)
While everyone on the ground could see what was about to happen. There was no way Fev could. Fev was running straight at the ball while Mc Claren was closing fast from a right angle. Ball, Fev and Umpire all arrived at the same spot at the same time. In fact the Umpire prevented Fev from taking a clean possession. If Fev goes so should the Collingwood defender.

Also the hit on Fev the charge on Nick and a hit on Teague should also be looked at but they won't be.

L.M 35-06

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 1:58 pm 
Wayne Johnston

teknodeejay wrote:
Two incidents:

1. Amazingly, the AFL think Fevola might be in the wrong in the situation where McLaren ran into his line of the ball going for the lead.

2. Camporeale for an elbow to Rhyce Shaw's head at a stoppage. I think Campo might be in trouble. It was careless. He might get one match.

1. The AFL would be thinking how many weeks to give McLaren surely.

2. A week or two off might do Campo some good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 1:59 pm 
Harry Vallence

fev can't go for that, if it wasn't for mclaren i dare say he would have marked the footy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 2:48 pm 
Laurie Kerr

I am a HUGE Campo fan, (him playing for my SANFL club before coming here) BUT I think its time the coaching/match committee but the bullet and took the V/C off him. How many more stupid undisciplined acts must we put up from him before he gets the message. Time and time again he fails to stand up as a leader of this young group. He will get a couple of weeks off and deservedly so. He has had to put up with taggers for years now and he STILL hasnt learnt how to deal with them. Maybe also need to look at him getting him out of the midfield and more in a forward role, he is dangerous around goals and even half a dozen kicks will probably result in a few goals. It will also take his tagger out of the game dragging him back to the goalsquare, something Bradley used to do on occasions with great success

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 2:52 pm 
Craig Bradley

I like the idea of playing Campo up forward occasionally. It was interesting in the Wizard Cup we played both Stevens and Campo out of the square quite a bit (either as loose attacking defenders, or as crumbing forwards). Maybe we need to revert to this strategy, since having all our big guns in the centre square hasn't gotten us over the line. It has the added advantage of helping develop some of our other players into potential onballers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 3:36 pm 
Craig Bradley

thrylos7 wrote:
fev can't go for that, if it wasn't for mclaren i dare say he would have marked the footy.

Exactly - Maclaren cost us a goal with his incompetence.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 3:40 pm 
Bruce Doull

Ponkstar wrote:
thrylos7 wrote:

In fairness, it evened out because McClown took out Fev and the defender, so both teams were down a player. IMO, he should still have called time-on and called for a ball up due to his own incompetence.

Should Fev spend $20K on TFS this Thu and get a good run for a while?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 3:44 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Ponkstar wrote:
thrylos7 wrote:

But he made up for it with some of his decisions in the third qrt.

You can't be !@#$ing serious about the AFL looking at the Fev contact. What was Fev meant to do, not go for the ball.

And the AFL want more umpires on the ground when 3 umpires get in the way. Like last week when the ball came of the umps legs which was going over the line, the ball stayed in, flower paid a free againist and the bombers got a goal from it...

As for Campo, everytime we play Collingwood, he turns into a little boy........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 5:53 pm 
Robert Walls

Worst for Fev would be a fine I would think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:02 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

There was an incident, and i must admit i didn't see it all because i was coming back from taking a wee wee in the little boys room, but it looked like a collingwood player charged into nick Stevens in the centre square early in the 4th???????

It looked as if Nick was going for the ball and just got knocked into? Did anybody else see this? How bad was it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:08 pm 
Harry Vallence

Campo may go for his elbow to Holland's face.

Did anyone see the incident that Ch.10 replayed on 'The Fifth Qtr' last night that may land Heath Scotland a 1 to 2 week vacation for eye gouging Tarkyn Lockyer?

Gotta admit it didn't look good. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:12 pm 
Bruce Doull

AFl looking at the McLaren incident. @#$%&! that's funny, I guess the Collingwood player is in the clear too.

:garthp:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:21 pm 
Craig Bradley

Yep saw the charge, Collingwood paler had no regard for the ball, to Nicks credit he got straight back up and into the contest.

L.M 35-06

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:25 pm 
Bruce Doull

If they're going to look at eye-gouges, they should check out Rhys Shaw's in front of goal on Skinny Lappin. Lappin missed the shot....couldn't see.....