Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 2:14 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Who do you think we should play on Tarrant?
Poll ended at Fri Apr 08, 2005 7:08 pm
Luke Livingston 14%  14%  [ 7 ]
Karl Norman 76%  76%  [ 37 ]
Digby Morell 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
David Teague 8%  8%  [ 4 ]
Jordan Bannister 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 49
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 1:41 pm 
Craig Bradley

nightcrawler wrote:
Karl has the pace and the height to go with Tarrant. Doesn't have the same aerial athleticism as Tarrant but none of out backmen do. At least Karl will build up his fitness chasing Tarrant when he leads all the way up to the wing for his cheap kicks.

I'd put Livo on Rocca as its the closest strength match we have with Teague or Digby dropping back into the hole in front on him to help out.

yep - id go with that in the absence of T-Bird

Livo on Rocca
Stormin on Tarrent
Carazzo on Leon

Our midfield should be stronger than theirs, and our forward line should be stronger than their defence, but i do think their defence is the only thing stopping them from getting flogged week in week out.

should be interesting but i think the blues should win comfortably. i did say that against the bombers as well, so who knows, but i cant see collingfilth kicking 17 goals 4 points.

you know what, for all the shit about we played like crap for 3/4 against the buumers, look at the final score card 16.14 = 110 to 17.4 = 106.

If you change that to a more reasonably total of something alot the lines of 12. 9 = 81 which is still bloody accurate we suddenly we won the game by 29 points.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 10:02 pm 
Trevor Keogh

Ponkstar wrote:
Forget Tarrant, who will they use to tag Rhys Shaw????

The boy Shaw is definitely our biggest worry. We better let him get the ball so he can keep giving it back to us...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 10:46 pm 
Rod Ashman

As much as he is mocked, Rhyce Shaw's last few weeks have been pretty good. He's gathered about 25 possessions in each match but it's probably a bit deceiving with the Collingwood short-kicking gameplan. They had 231 kicks, 351 possessions, 116 marks today and kicked 10 goals! :shock: :roll:

I think we should go with Norman on Tarrant, Livo on Rocca, Carrazzo on Davis/Caracella, Morrell on Walker, Lappin on Lockyer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 10:53 pm 
John Nicholls

Karl for sure.
Has the athleticism to run with Tarrant.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 12:20 am 
formerly Josh Kaplan

agree Karl needs to take Tarrant.. Teaguey been performing a bit below par recently and needs to lift.
Perhaps he can take their third tall?
As mentioned our midfield will be far too fleet footed for the Pies- Koutas been in awesome touch and with Campo, Stevens, Scotland and Chambers runing through there should smash Licuria, Burns, O Bree, Woeful etc..
Caracellas a clever player and I wouldnt mind seeign Caraz take him.. Also Lappin cannot be assigned a defensive role and should stay a sweeper.. accountability isnt his go as we saw on Friday night..

Wakelin was in good form for the Pies today so Fevs has another tough ask. Presti will probabaly get Whitnall so we need to create space for Archie, Betts, and even Morrel to rotate through there.

btw how shit is Colingwoods game plan. I just want to smash the TV when they play. kick the @#$%&! ball long!! Sydney and Kangas arent much better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:16 am 
Bruce Comben

Would Teague be a good match on Caracella?About the same height. As mentioned Teague hasnt been playing that well (compared to last year) so give him a challenge to redeem himself. Caracella could have kicked 6 goals yesterday but ended up with 4.4.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:18 am 
Ken Hunter

Ponkstar wrote:

A clothes shop.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:00 pm 
Bruce Doull

Ponkstar wrote:

I think I spotted Denis talking to a blade of grass on Friday night, maybe that's who he has in mind. Hey maybe Malthouse should get Shaw to tag the umpire, that way he might be able to intercept the ball when the umpires do the fancy twist, ball passing manouvre when bringing the ball back to the centra after a goal has been scored.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:02 pm 
Bruce Doull

I agree that Karl is the pick for Tarrant, but also concede the strength difference could hurt us. That said, pretty much all the boys are looking much bigger in the arms this year, so this could be a good test for him.