Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:37 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: Kouta Man
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 12:33 am 
Bruce Comben

Haven't heard much said of Kouta tonight. Thought he was terrific. Last week he had 32 possies, but I reckon about 8 clangers, some of which cost us goals.

But tonight..............16 clearances and hardly a turnover that I saw. Right at the minute, he is in the elite of clearance players.

Hats off to Kouta.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 12:35 am 
Harry Vallence

Saw two turnovers from Kouta in the first half but geez is he strong inside the packs. Our other midfielders really have to learn to run off him at every opportunity.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 12:38 am 
Bruce Comben

Agree. He justs runs thru tackles. Having him and Stevo running around makes us very dangerous. What the Bummers would do for a Kouta................

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 12:39 am 
Bruce Doull

I think when Kouta is at a stoppage he's about a 50% chance to get his hands on the pill first. Absolute clearance machine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 12:40 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Kouta changed his game mid-career from that of an 'outside' player to an 'inside' player, something that is rarely done successfully.

At his peak Kouta is the best 'inside' player in the league by a country mile.

So far this season it seems that his inside play is again approaching the peaks seen in the years before his knee injuries (touch wood).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 12:41 am 
Rod Ashman

Another good game by Kouta, I still think he needs some support and I know Johnson has his weaknesses (leg speed) but I think Johnson would provide good support and be able to feed our runners. JOhnson has been playing very good in the seconds and deserves a chance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 12:47 am 
Bruce Comben

Yeah, Johno is slow around the ground but great in close. His general field kicking also lets him down. Great to see it's hard to get a game with us now though. Competition is healthy. I want Bentink to put his hand up soon. He can play.

Blue Sky ahead.

Post subject: Re: Kouta Man
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 1:00 am 
Craig Bradley

Mil On The Spill wrote:
Haven't heard much said of Kouta tonight. Thought he was terrific. Last week he had 32 possies, but I reckon about 8 clangers, some of which cost us goals.

But tonight..............16 clearances and hardly a turnover that I saw. Right at the minute, he is in the elite of clearance players.

Hats off to Kouta.

Good post. Might not have got quite as much of the ball as last week, but won it in close again, and used it well. His goal in the 2nd quarter was a real bonus. Well done, captain!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 1:06 am 
Rod Ashman

Wojee wrote:
I think when Kouta is at a stoppage he's about a 50% chance to get his hands on the pill first. Absolute clearance machine.

So you mean either he does or doesn't - Very Insightful

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 1:11 am 
Bruce Doull

darknavy wrote:
Wojee wrote:

So you mean either he does or doesn't - Very Insightful

Around every stoppage there is something like 8-16 players depending when and where it is. For one player to get it 1/2 the time amongst that sort of traffic traffic is pretty damn impressive.

Where's the poking tongue smilie when you need it? ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 1:14 am 
Robert Walls

I dont care how many possession he had last week, he had a better game tonight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 1:56 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

LOVE YOU KOUTA!

Does anybody realised that in his past 4 matches (being for premiership points - R21 Melbourne, R22 Collingwood, R1 North, R2 Bombers) Kouta has gathered over 10 clearances in each game.!!!!!! That's amazing. Even Judd hasn't done that yet!

I think, from memory, it was
R19 Vs Bombers 04' - 12 clearances
R20 Vs West Coast 04' - 7 clearances
R21 Vs. Melbourne 04' - 10 clearances
R22 Vs. Collingwood 04' - 11 Clearances
R1 Vs North 05' - 12 Clearances
R2 Vs Bombers 05' - 11 Clearances

So in his past 6 matches, he has averaged 10 Clearances a game!

You know what, people say we will never see the Kouta of old again........................WHO CARES.........................I like the new Kouta more!
He has Re-Invented himself perfectly!

WELL DONE TO KOUTA! THE CAPTAIN OF MY FOOTBALL CLUB!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 8:17 am 
Trevor Keogh

there is no doubt he would be leading the brownlow votes so far in the leauge. I love the guy he is an inspiration an absolute champ and a great captain.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 9:30 am 
Bruce Doull

Wojee wrote:

Yep, the guy is a freak.

I caught a bit of a Collingwood press conference yesterday and Malthouse was waxing lyrical about Buckley blowing more sunshine up his arse than even Eddie could muster "one of the greatest EVER players to play the game" ... as great as Buckley is I don't reckon he's at that level, moreover, if Kouta played under Malthouse, I'd can't imagine the praise he would be heping on this guy.

Kouta's left foot kick in the last from a centre boucne to help us get two goals within in a minute was the game breaker I reckon.

When Kouta is on song, there is no doubt, he plays the game at a level equal, sometimes better, to the best players ever. That is fact!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 10:39 am 
Robert Walls

Loved Kouta's work last night. We all know his capabilities in terms of individual brilliance but the way he has grown in to the captaincy role has been a pleasure to watch. Who was it that got the handball to Fevola that kickstarted the resurgance in the last quarter - Kouta of course.

...nice to see Garry Lyon managed to find some votes for him among three Essendon* players :? but whoever did the best players in The Age inexplicably left him out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 10:49 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Blue Bird wrote:
...nice to see Garry Lyon managed to find some votes for him among three Essendon* players :? but whoever did the best players in The Age inexplicably left him out.

Even Fat Eddie, remarked after reading out Garry Lyon's votes (3 to Essendon* Players :roll: ) that Lyon must have done them at 3/4 time. :roll:

Winston Churchill