Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 3:39 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:28 pm 
Trevor Keogh

My 7 week old is sitting in bed with me (it's 7.25 am in New York) and has now heard the song sung for the first time and is getting a sense of what it means to beat the Dons by less than a kick. Loving it!

A good sign that the boys fought it out but troubling that we've played patchy football the last two games. Let's hope we can maintain the momentum of the last Quarter next week and beyond!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:29 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

The half full version is that Good teams win even when they play like shit.
We played like shit and still got over the line. That is a good sign. I'd rather play like shit and win than play like shit and lose.

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:36 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Heavs wrote:
We played like shit and still got over the line. That is a good sign. I'd rather play like shit and win than play like shit and lose.

Don't agree, play like that againist the power or the lions you will be 10+ goals down at 3/4 time... You have to play 100 minutes of footy, we were dam lucky to win tonight even if we kicked like shit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:44 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

bosman wrote:
Heavs wrote:

Don't agree, play like that againist the power or the lions you will be 10+ goals down at 3/4 time... You have to play 100 minutes of footy, we were dam lucky to win tonight even if we kicked like shit.

So would you rather win or lose? Good teams win even when they play like rubbish. You can only beat who you are up against. While we might have been 10 down against Power, that isn't who we were playing. We persevered on a bad night. I'm proud of them and will happily take the 4

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:48 pm 
Harry Vallence

I think that is the pleasin factor that they fought the game out and came away with the win. But a bettah 120 min is required to get ya to the finals

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:56 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

sandramd wrote:
I think that is the pleasin factor that they fought the game out and came away with the win. But a bettah 120 min is required to get ya to the finals

Yeah and that will come over time. But to get the four points now is awesome. It could be the difference between making it and not. Between us and Essendon* actually. They won't be as bad when Monga comes back, they'll be there abouts in August. Same as us. This is the four point that could get us over the line.

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:57 pm 
Melbourne Supporter

thank you for adding to the Bumbers misery :D

Mazen Kerbaj

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:25 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Heavs wrote:
bosman wrote:
Heavs wrote:

So would you rather win or lose? Good teams win even when they play like rubbish. You can only beat who you are up against. While we might have been 10 down against Power, that isn't who we were playing. We persevered on a bad night. I'm proud of them and will happily take the 4

I bet you if you asked Pagan what he would prefer, Pagan would say 4 consistant qrt rather than a 30 minute burst..
Good teams don't alway win when they play like rubbish.......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:28 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

yeah but the way we played is a fact of life. It is something he'll need to work on this week. I bet he's happier working on it knowing that we'vegot 4 points though!!!

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:34 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Of course Pagan is happy with the 4 points and he knows we were lucky to have those 4 points, but I can bet my left one that the highlight tape this week won't have anything from the last qrt.

Anyway if we had of kicked a bit straighter and Essendon* wern't so arsey the scoreline would of been different.

Last edited by bosman on Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:41 pm 
Bruce Doull

camelboy wrote:
TV coverage has just started on Foxtel ... see you lot after the game and a win, with any luck. :|

Phew! Got out of jail there, but hopefully that inspiring last quarter will springboard us on to bigger and better things. :D

Kouta is a legend! his work at the clearances was outstanding again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:44 pm 
Bruce Doull

Oh, not sure if it has been mentioned, but Solomon was reported for his hit on Teague in the opening moments of the game. Not a lot in it, maybe a week's rest for him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:46 pm 
Bruce Doull

fjanyc wrote:
My 7 week old is sitting in bed with me (it's 7.25 am in New York) and has now heard the song sung for the first time and is getting a sense of what it means to beat the Dons by less than a kick...

Good to see our lads have made Sheeds an April Fool for you fja. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:50 pm 
Serge Silvagni

What a last quarter to watch the bombers supporters will be having nightmares all night gotta love it :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 12:04 am 
Robert Walls

Don't know about you guys and girls, but I'm exhausted after watching that. Great persistance by the boys, it's important that we win the ugly ones as much as smashing teams.

Must say credit to the Bo.... sorry can't quite say it. Damn them and their assy goal kicking, it's unusual for teams to kick less goals and still win. Well done boys.

It would have been an injustice if we lost. Goal kicking practise all week boys. Especially you Justin Davies. You get enough of it in the forward line, time to make them pay !

I don't know which is better winning by 100 points or winning by less than a Goal 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 12:15 am 
Craig Bradley

camelboy wrote:
Oh, not sure if it has been mentioned, but Solomon was reported for his hit on Teague in the opening moments of the game. Not a lot in it, maybe a week's rest for him.

Cowardly prick was working Teague over all night. Hope he gets rubbed out.

As for the last quarter - I was close to turning the bloody thing off at three quarter time....glad I am a bit of a masochist!!!

It's not often that you get so many arsey goals kicked against you. At least three of Lucas's as well as Johnson's and Bradley's in the last quarter were pure arse. 30 shots to 21 we should have won by 6 goals.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 12:19 am 
Rod Ashman

What a GAME!!

Oh I'm just so pumped, off to watch the last quarter again

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 12:25 am 
Craig Bradley

Hpw many did Henneman kick by the way? :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 12:25 am 
Robert Walls

Interseting to see over at BomerBlitz they credit French with turning the game. Well done to the big guy, but he was ordinary for 3 quarters imho. Our accuracy in the last was the deciding factor. If only we had of kicked straight :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 1:09 am 
Bruce Doull

A couple of positives for mine:
We fought back hard and won from 5 goals down, they didn't lose the match, we fought for it and won it.

Denis will be emphasising the last qtr of the match when we gelled as a team, rather than the first 3 when we didn't. I think that we can learn more from what we did right to win, than what we did wrong when we were losing.

Umpiring unsurprisingly almost ruined the match with inconsistency....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next