Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Jun 09, 2024 3:28 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 257, 258, 259, 260, 261, 262, 263 ... 266  Next
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:45 am 
Geoff Southby

Donstuie wrote:
This whole affair just reaffirms why I consume zero AFL meedya.

Pot the guy all year, put his head on the block, and then cry about how poorly he was treated when the guillotine drops.

Those that get sucked in by it are just as bad.

:clap:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:46 am 
Geoff Southby

Scotty12000 wrote:
Donstuie wrote:
Quote:
“He was pretty tempted, I gather, but what has gone on at that football club ... over the last week, I think, completely spooked the Clarkson camp and the Clarkson family.

Well that's....erm....damning? :?

It's almost like these programs need a disclaimer:

All views expressed on this program are merely opinions of the journalists on this program. All "facts" are considered to be subjective until officially confirmed by the respective clubs involved. All segments are to be considered speculation and Channel ___ takes no responsibility for any defamation, slander or libel promoted by the journalists on this program.

:lol: :clap: :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:46 am 
Stephen Kernahan

SgtButane
@SgtButane
Liam Jones and Weitering faced 230 defensive 1 on 1's this season. The Western Bulldogs team total was only 304. First job for the new Carlton coach is figuring out what the hell that was all about.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:49 am 
Robert Walls

GWS wrote:
I loved Teague as a player as he always got the most out of himself.

And I was pleased when we went with him as a coach as he seemed to have the players on board and playing with a freedom we hadn’t seen in years.

But the last couple of years he’s shown next to zero ability to adapt to any sort of changes and his game day coaching is appalling with barely a move ever made in order to regain momentum in a game when it’s turned against us. And the lack of defensive system compared to 17 other clubs is so glaring it’s ridiculous.

I could cop the above if I could see some capacity to own the issues and a willingness to adapt but it’s just not there.

Add to that his public statements of the last few weeks and his manager’s bullshit and I’m actually glad to see the end of him.

Thanks for your efforts David but we need to move on.

Yep, absolutely spot on GWS :thumbsup:

Nice guy, who started well, but has clearly shown this year that he is not up to it tactically. "Teague's gift" was always my biggest issue with his coaching and he seemed to be completely clueless (or stubborn?) of how to address it.

His behaviour over the past few weeks just wreaks of someone who can't take criticism well and sooks it up. We need someone who is willing to learn from their mistakes and realise when they are getting it wrong.

Thanks for your service David, but I am happy we can all now move on.

Trevor Keogh

David Teague is a good Carlton person whose intentions shouldn’t be questioned but we have a list that has been set up to succeed now and unfortunately David has not been able to inspire confidence that he had the tools, the leadership or the vision to bring out the best in this group. If anything it felt that we were regressing and our defensive woes were magnifying. I don’t think this is old Carlton just being reactive. You can’t have three All Australians and some high prized recruits and start and finish the season like we did and keep your job. The trajectory was going the wrong way. Wish him and his family nothing but the best and the one thing David has through his life experience is perspective and he will bounce back pretty quickly.

Stephen Kernahan

If what we hear is true, Teague still had significant support on the board to continue next year.
So, how exactly was Carlton cruel to him?
If he was still an option to coach next year, what exactly should Carlton have done??

I suppose if 3 weeks ago, Logiudice said that Teague "had the full support of the board" all would have been OK

Last edited by buzzaaaah on Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:50 am 
Geoff Southby

WOW wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
Quote:
“Alastair’s been on record as saying he’s disgusted by the way the club (has treated Teague).

Can someone direct me to this quote from Clarko?

It is so obvious that Teague has been treated poorly. Particularly if there were approaches to Clarkson and Lyon during the season. To make matters worse, Teague has a contract in place for 2022. As I have stated previously, if there was no confidence in Teague, then he should have been formally told before the end of the season. It appears to me that this has become a process of elimination. That is, if Clarkson and Lyon didn’t accept the offer, then Teague remains coach in 2022. Although, I think Lyon will accept the offer and become our next coach.

The problem with this statement and statements like it is, you are basing it on the fact you don't know what is going on and assuming that no one else does either, especially the mentioned parties.
I'm pretty sure Teague and his dog Leon knew what was happening all along and just decided to have a cry in the media to kick and scream a little on the way out.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:52 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

london blue wrote:
The club remains weak at development - players, football staff.

I don’t know if he was right for the job, however over and over again we demonstrate we are not good at the ‘long’ game and sticking to a plan.

Good luck to the Carlton of old recreating itself once again over the next weeks/months/year.

The long game was the huge 5 year rebuild, and the evidence confirms the club did stick phat with that.

Sure there will be questions regarding the success of some of SOS selections, but with the plethora of picks, even after a few busts, there's enough quality to turn this ship around quick smart.

"Teague's Gift" of 5 goal bleeds happened last year, and continued this year. The bleeding had to be stopped regardless of the fact he had one more year. He knew that. He couldn't explain it either. That doesn't comfort me.

Obviously, before we jump to conclusions, we need to know the story the Review told, and I'm leaning towards the findings didn't paint a great picture of Teague's coaching ability and game plan. Sure injuries didn't help, including those carried into games by stars Cripps, Williams, McKay, Martin, Silvagni, that we know of, but surely he could have adjusted his plan to not leave the team exposed to these runs of goals against.

Pickering's remarks told us of a story of conflict between the coach and the captain, and finger pointing is a deflecting mechanism imo.

Its time for the next coach, and his assistants to continue on our march to No. 17.

The Review covered all areas of the Football Dept, and I'm sure their will be improvements, and a huge focus in areas of weakness such as Development.

The list is intact, the dead wood discarded, and the next step is a tweak to the long game...we want to be a Premier, not a coach's training ground.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:59 am 
Stephen Kernahan

WOW wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
WOW wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
Quote:
“Alastair’s been on record as saying he’s disgusted by the way the club (has treated Teague).

Can someone direct me to this quote from Clarko?

It is so obvious that Teague has been treated poorly. Particularly if there were approaches to Clarkson and Lyon during the season. To make matters worse, Teague has a contract in place for 2022. As I have stated previously, if there was no confidence in Teague, then he should have been formally told before the end of the season. It appears to me that this has become a process of elimination. That is, if Clarkson and Lyon didn’t accept the offer, then Teague remains coach in 2022. Although, I think Lyon will accept the offer and become our next coach.

No. I can't see the quote anywhere there.

Keep drinking the kool aid

I asked for proof of Clarksons comment. You return with an irrelevant post to my question and as a result, I drink kool aid.
Have I summed up that conversation correctly?
:lol:

Thanks for the insightful contribution.

Last edited by Blue Vain on Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:59 am 
Harry Vallence

buzzaaaah wrote:
If what we hear is true, Teague still had significant support on the board to continue next year.
So, how exactly was Carlton cruel to him?
If he was still an option to coach next year, what exactly should Carlton have done??

I suppose if 3 weeks ago, Logiudice said that Teague "had the full support of the board" all would have been OK

I suppose to your first point, it needs to be confirmed whether he did he have significant support to continue or did "Anyone but Ross Lyon?" have it?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:01 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Blue Vain wrote:
I'm comfortable that he was given the opportunity to tell his family before I was informed by the club.
If he or his inner circle chose to release it to the media. So be it.
Hopefully no one is seriously upset that Sayers didn't let them know first.

Not one bit

I wouldn't expect to be the first to know, or 2nd or 20th.

Lets get on with the program.

On field football success.....W's

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:05 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

GWS wrote:

And I was pleased when we went with him as a coach as he seemed to have the players on board and playing with a freedom we hadn’t seen in years.

But the last couple of years he’s shown next to zero ability to adapt to any sort of changes and his game day coaching is appalling with barely a move ever made in order to regain momentum in a game when it’s turned against us. And the lack of defensive system compared to 17 other clubs is so glaring it’s ridiculous.

I could cop the above if I could see some capacity to own the issues and a willingness to adapt but it’s just not there.

Add to that his public statements of the last few weeks and his manager’s bullshit and I’m actually glad to see the end of him.

+1

That's me in a nutshell

Alex Jesaulenko

Donstuie wrote:
This whole affair just reaffirms why I consume zero AFL meedya.

Pot the guy all year, put his head on the block, and then cry about how poorly he was treated when the guillotine drops.

Those that get sucked in by it are just as bad.

So true.

Hypocrites of the highest order.

Sadists

Psychopaths

Narcissists

Last edited by bondiblue on Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bruce Doull

bondiblue wrote:
"Teague's Gift" of 5 goal bleeds happened last year…

That happened while in caretaker mode. Remember the Lions game from 2019 where we conceded the first 6 goals?!

https://www.afl.com.au/matches/1847

Sure that was only his first match, but it turned out the problem was there right from the start. From memory we conceded a few more 5 goal+ runs in 2019 as well. That never got addressed in a meaningful way under Teague's watch.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:06 am 
John James

bondiblue wrote:
GWS wrote:

+1

That's me in a nutshell

Same here.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:09 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

camel wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
"Teague's Gift" of 5 goal bleeds happened last year…

That happened while in caretaker mode. Remember the Lions game from 2019 where we conceded the first 6 goals?!

https://www.afl.com.au/matches/1847

Sure that was only his first match, but it turned out the problem was there right from the start. From memory we conceded a few more 5 goal+ runs in 2019 as well. That never got addressed in a meaningful way under Teague's watch.

It was covered up by comebacks and honourable losses

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:09 am 
Harry Vallence

CK95 wrote:
sinbagger wrote:
Either way I would have liked to see him coach out one more year, I’m not convinced he was given adequate time and resources to show much.

I share that view

Thankfully both of you aren’t a part of the decision making ,,, our playing list is already fragile and shit storm they put with this year , imagine next year

And what good assistant coaches would
Sign on knowing the heat Teague is on and only has one year to go as coach ...

Mercifully it’s over and we can all move on , and hope sayers knows what he is doing , so far , I like he doesn’t dance to media drum , he spoke with Teague , told him the issues... and then terminated him ,sayers starting well

Teague laid his bed the moment he sided with liddle

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:13 am 
Robert Walls

bondiblue wrote:
london blue wrote:

The list is intact, the dead wood discarded

Still plenty of dead wood on the list...

Feelgood Hit of the Winter - GHRP-2, GHRP-6, CJC-1295, AOD-9604, Humanofort and Hexarelin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:14 am 
Harry Vallence

Walsh wrote:
Well I guess David doesn't have to be treated like absolute shit by nongs anymore.

Thanks for your efforts Teaguey - you should know more than most this club is the most shortsighted messiah complex club in the game.

All the best.

Thanks for your efforts Walsh, best wishes for the future

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:15 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

yibbida wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
london blue wrote:

The list is intact, the dead wood discarded

Still plenty of dead wood on the list...

Agree

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 257, 258, 259, 260, 261, 262, 263 ... 266  Next