Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:01 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6991 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85 ... 350  Next
 Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:28 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Rexy wrote:
Bolton doesn't miss easy shots on goal. 7.4 instead of 2.9 at half time and it's a different game.

Not 90 points different.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:34 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

I can understand Boltons approach of playing kids and exposing them to hostile crowd on the big stage. How they come out of it will determine how they will be in the future.
Club has laid everything on the line here and are trusting Bolton to develop a team for long term.
If he gets it wrong it will be years in the wilderness.
My biggest concern is that it appears that the 3rd and 4th year players like KJ Cunningham even Graham and Buckley don't appear to be improving to the point where they are demanding to be selected.
So I question why are these guys not progressing why is their development stalled. Who is to say that development of the 1st and 2nd year players might hit the wall also.
I know its good to expose the youth but who is to say that Cunningham and KJ or Graham could not have benefitted more that the 1st year players by playing Friday night.
It will be and interesting season but I don't like to think that the coaching staff have already stamped some players cards.
Bolton could use the youth excuse for years .
Rucci tried asking this question in the after match and was quickly shut down by Bolton

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Post subject: Re: Coach Brendon Bolton
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:36 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

https://audioboom.com/posts/5847604-bre ... e-april-22

worth a listen

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:49 pm 
Rod Ashman

Sydney Blue wrote:
I can understand Boltons approach of playing kids and exposing them to hostile crowd on the big stage. How they come out of it will determine how they will be in the future.
Club has laid everything on the line here and are trusting Bolton to develop a team for long term.
If he gets it wrong it will be years in the wilderness.
My biggest concern is that it appears that the 3rd and 4th year players like KJ Cunningham even Graham and Buckley don't appear to be improving to the point where they are demanding to be selected.
So I question why are these guys not progressing why is their development stalled. Who is to say that development of the 1st and 2nd year players might hit the wall also.
I know its good to expose the youth but who is to say that Cunningham and KJ or Graham could not have benefitted more that the 1st year players by playing Friday night.
It will be and interesting season but I don't like to think that the coaching staff have already stamped some players cards.
Bolton could use the youth excuse for years .
Rucci tried asking this question in the after match and was quickly shut down by Bolton

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Cunningham is a second year player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:22 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Sydney Blue wrote:
My biggest concern is that it appears that the 3rd and 4th year players like KJ Cunningham even Graham and Buckley don't appear to be improving to the point where they are demanding to be selected

We need to understand that some players mature/develop at different stages.
I was looking at some other players and their development last week. At KJ's age, Harry Taylor had played less games. He's now a 2 time All Australian.
Josh Bruce had played less games at the same age. He kicked 50 goals last year. Not everyone is a Jacob Weitering. I'm not saying KJ or Graham will become good AFL players but we can't throw out all players when they don't step up straight away. SOS selected KJ as a first round pick originally. He obviously had the talent. This season he finally put on some size to compete. It's up to him to force his way in.
Graham has been given areas to work on and it appears he's doing that. Both have AFL skills and talent. The challenge is for them to prove their detractors wrong. Including any coaches that may not rate them sufficiently.

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:45 pm 
Robert Walls

Blue Vain wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
My biggest concern is that it appears that the 3rd and 4th year players like KJ Cunningham even Graham and Buckley don't appear to be improving to the point where they are demanding to be selected

We need to understand that some players mature/develop at different stages.
I was looking at some other players and their development last week. At KJ's age, Harry Taylor had played less games. He's now a 2 time All Australian.
Josh Bruce had played less games at the same age. He kicked 50 goals last year. Not everyone is a Jacob Weitering. I'm not saying KJ or Graham will become good AFL players but we can't throw out all players when they don't step up straight away. SOS selected KJ as a first round pick originally. He obviously had the talent. This season he finally put on some size to compete. It's up to him to force his way in.
Graham has been given areas to work on and it appears he's doing that. Both have AFL skills and talent. The challenge is for them to prove their detractors wrong. Including any coaches that may not rate them sufficiently.

I see a bit of Jack Watts in KJ. Not sure what that means except that as you say, you can't just throw away years of work into them without being absolutely sure they won't make it. Hopefully SOS's ego will convince BB to keep KJ one more year.

Post subject: Coach Brendon Bolton
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:12 pm 
Craig Bradley

I'm a huge fan of the Bolts and as frustrated and angry I was on Friday, I accept it's part of the process. He remains resolute on the path. And in that I trust.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:26 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

After 6 rounds

Scoring shots FOR

Adelaide 201
Port Adelaide 186
GWS 177
St Kilda 176
WBD 172
Geelong 166
Melbourne 159
Richmond 158
Collingwood 155
WCE 150
Gold Coast 146
North Melbourne 141
Essendon* 141
Hawthorn 136
Fremantle 128
Sydney 124
Brisbane 122
Carlton 121

Scoring shots AGAINST

Brisbane 200
Hawthorn 186
Gold Coast 168
North Melbourne 167
Essendon* 164
Sydney 158
Geelong 154
Fremantle 152
Collingwood 150
Carlton 148
Melbourne 148
GWS 144
St Kilda 143
WCE 143
Richmond 141
WBD 138
Port Adelaide 129
Adelaide 126

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 12:30 am 
Bruce Doull

AIRCAV wrote:
I'm a huge fan of the Bolts and as frustrated and angry I was on Friday, I accept it's part of the process. He remains resolute on the path. And in that I trust.

I know I'm a week late, but… :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 10:54 am 
Harry Vallence

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXP0mOUZP9s

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 11:13 am 
Harry Vallence

Thanks Wookie, much appreciated.

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 5:48 pm 
Harry Vallence

He's coaching a side that is developing with true hardness.

We'll soon be genuinely hated for it.

Can't wait.

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 7:00 pm 
Rod Ashman

Bolton is the second best coach we have had since I started following in 1978.
He is some coach

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 9:09 pm 
Bruce Doull

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-05-06/f ... -v-carlton
Quote:
Brendon Bolton teaching us he can coach
He might not give much away when the cameras are rolling but Bolton can clearly coach. He once again manufactured a game that limited Collingwood's run through the corridor, denying it opportunities to score. He backed in his tall defenders to mark high balls and he rotated the forwards so the Magpies could not create run out of defence or rebound the ball. Add in his five wins when he stood in to coach Hawthorn, he has 15 wins from 34 games and is building a team with the right mix of youth and experience to compete and get supporters excited. He has only won one fewer game than Buckley as coach since he took over the Blues at the start of 2016.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 9:12 pm 
Bruce Doull

Great work Gaff.....!

kindest regards tommi

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 9:23 pm 
Trevor Keogh

Michael Jezz wrote:
Bolton is the second best coach we have had since I started following in 1978.
He is some coach

Parkin no 1?

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 8:36 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

https://twitter.com/TheArcFooty/status/ ... 1209124868

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 9:10 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Effes wrote:
https://twitter.com/TheArcFooty/status/862615021209124868

That is fascinating.

Carlton like to kick the ball more than handball.

Need to see if that direction to kick more this year has had any effect on our uncontested marks numbers.
If so, it says we like to control the ball, tempo...and maybe its because we have improved our kicking skills.

Kicking accuracy has been such a huge problem for us for most of the past 15 years.
If we have fixed this with our trading/ drafting and/or game plan, watch out!

Great signs.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 12:29 pm 
Rod Ashman

Donstuie wrote:
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-05-06/five-talking-points-collingwood-v-carlton
Quote:
Brendon Bolton teaching us he can coach
He might not give much away when the cameras are rolling but Bolton can clearly coach. He once again manufactured a game that limited Collingwood's run through the corridor, denying it opportunities to score. He backed in his tall defenders to mark high balls and he rotated the forwards so the Magpies could not create run out of defence or rebound the ball. Add in his five wins when he stood in to coach Hawthorn, he has 15 wins from 34 games and is building a team with the right mix of youth and experience to compete and get supporters excited. He has only won one fewer game than Buckley as coach since he took over the Blues at the start of 2016.

the pleasing aspect of bolton which has been disappointing and frustrating in the past is that he can clearly adapt and communicates his instructions to the players
lets not forget he is a rookie coach so he will make mistakes but looks like he learns from those decisions

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 3:36 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

https://twitter.com/NABFW/status/864338948042010629

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6991 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85 ... 350  Next