Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:06 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135 ... 266  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:30 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

I hate being a coach is shit person (except for Malthouse because that bloke was a cauliflower) but I just don't see it with Teague.

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:38 pm 
Bruce Doull

Same. But my problem is I don't like the idea of changing coaches again either. Basically at this club when the players are over the coach they know they just have to play shit & they'll get a new one.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:45 pm 
Wayne Johnston

bluehammer wrote:
We've all got our views on coaching and coaches, and do we have a game plan? Do we not? Is the problem with the plan or the execution? We don't know.

Except for this.

The one time you have complete control.

Kick outs after a behind and to a lesser extent after an intercept mark in D50.

I've watched sides, even crap ones, move the ball out with structure and purpose, knowing where their team mates are going to be. Perhaps you see what you want to see but our setup from a behind appears always the same, and basically, stupid.

Midfiled stoppages have a heap of variables. Kick outs really don't, and we have been poor - and shown up - time after time.

That's coaching.

It’s doesn’t matter what you coach the players to do at kick outs, they still have to have the desire and the ability to execute the plan.

It’s not conclusive that this is a coaching problem. Personally I think it is a player and team attitude problem.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:52 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Respect that, just disagree. Other areas I would agree with you but not on kick outs repeatedly. Once or twice a game you expect a screw up. We are consistently clueless.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:17 pm 
Bruce Doull

aboynamedsue wrote:
Maybe we’ll find out more when the official announcement is made, but if The Age article is correct, I’m disappointed. Not about the outcome, but about the process. It’s the most important appointment at the club and we only spoke to 1 person outside of the club?! Exhaustive processes are obviously out of fashion.

As I’ve said before, we have no choice but to trust the selection panel and hope like @#$%&! they know what they are doing....

That's a pretty good post in hindsight.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:17 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

CK95 wrote:
aboynamedsue wrote:
Maybe we’ll find out more when the official announcement is made, but if The Age article is correct, I’m disappointed. Not about the outcome, but about the process. It’s the most important appointment at the club and we only spoke to 1 person outside of the club?! Exhaustive processes are obviously out of fashion.

As I’ve said before, we have no choice but to trust the selection panel and hope like @#$%&! they know what they are doing....

We call that a reverse Keogh around here.

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:29 pm 
Bruce Comben

It's a strange one...teams often take on the characteristics of the coach..most Premiership coaches are tough hard barstards..that coach as they played...I always thought Teague was a gutsy, brave, fearless player but it just hasn't shown through in his coaching..a good coach should be able to instill this hardness into his team..

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:34 pm 
Banned

Correct and he will in time if all things are equal.

First need the players that can execute. Needs to stabilise game plan going through trial and error phase atm. They look good at training but when heat is on they fold like a pack of cards.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:36 pm 
Horrie Clover

got the error part down pat.
has he got a game plan?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:40 pm 
Banned

Wild Blue wrote:
got the error part down pat.
has he got a game plan?

I think he got a little bit too idealistic last year with break neck speed footy.

..he has tried to pull that back past few weeks and more defensive and hasn't been working. You could see players flooding back yesterday but still got picked apart.

Bottom line is we can't get our hands on the football in the middle and lose clearances too easily - I don't think we have the talent in the middle and havn't for years.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:48 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Heavs wrote:
CK95 wrote:
aboynamedsue wrote:

We call that a reverse Keogh around here.
A Hgoek?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:50 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Walsh wrote:

Bottom line is we can't get our hands on the football in the middle and lose clearances too easily - I don't think we have the talent in the middle and havn't for years.

We had similar talent and were significantly more effective last year.
We've gone backwards
Piss weak excuses.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:53 pm 
Banned

Blue Vain wrote:
Walsh wrote:

We had the talent to be far more effective last year.
Piss weak excuses.

Nope - Dow, Ed, butcher the ball too much
Walsh got tagged.
Fisher was poor and barely laid any tackles.

Only Cripps and Bam Bam played a good game.

Not excuses when it happens right in front of your eyes. Dont know how many stupid free kicks Ed gives away in the middle or butchers the ball due to shambolic decision making.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:57 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Read the post.
Our midfield performed better last year. Similar players.
We've gone backwards.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:00 pm 
Banned

Blue Vain wrote:
Read the post.
We've gone backwards.

Maybe we should play Newnes and Walsh on the wings again and leave Cripps by himself in the middle with Murphy and Setterfield.

Need to improve the composition of the team and that means Walsh taken out of the wing to play in the guts. Newnes not playing leaves a big hole on running power and tackling pressure on the wings.

I am sure you can recognise how much running power we had last year on the wings compared to this year. They are a part of midfield quality.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:08 pm 
Geoff Southby

I didn’t subscribe to the theory that Teague had lost the players, until last night.
The way we played, the lack of effort, the laziness, the schoolboy errors, reminded me of the way the side played the last few games before Mick / Bolton got sacked.
You can’t tell me that our players are playing for the coach, even though they know full well he’s under the pump. They want him gone.

Last edited by Dominator_7 on Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:13 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Walsh wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
Read the post.
We've gone backwards.

Maybe we should play Newnes and Walsh on the wings again and leave Cripps by himself in the middle with Murphy and Setterfield.

Need to improve the composition of the team and that means Walsh taken out of the wing to play in the guts. Newnes not playing leaves a big hole on running power and tackling pressure on the wings.

Yeah. Jack "the tackling machine" Newnes who had 2 or less tackles in more than half his games last year. :lol:
The same Jack Newnes who averages less tackles over his career than Marc Murphy.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:25 pm 
Banned

Blue Vain wrote:
Walsh wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
Read the post.
We've gone backwards.

Yeah. Jack "the tackling machine" Newnes who had 2 or less tackles in more than half his games last year. :lol:
The same Jack Newnes who averages less tackles over his career than Marc Murphy.

Marc Murphy's tackle count over his career was actually impressive. He was a very rounded player for many years... sure looked like he squibbed but his tackling wasn't one of his weakenesses so what is your point?

We don't have running power on the wings as we did last year thats a fact.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:50 pm 
Robert Walls

Blue Vain wrote:
Walsh wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
Read the post.
We've gone backwards.

Why do you bother BV?

Walsh is to Teague AS Vonnie is to Lachie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:55 pm 
Banned

99prelim wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
Walsh wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
Read the post.
We've gone backwards.

Why do you bother BV?

Walsh is to Teague AS Vonnie is to Lachie

Good idea - lets all hang shit on Teague to massage our egos because its easier than thinking through any other alternative. If you don't hang shit on Teague as you're told then you know nothing and a dumbazz... such nuffies. :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135 ... 266  Next