Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:09 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3474 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93 ... 174  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:51 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Double Post

oops

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:57 pm 
Garry Crane

bondiblue wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
Donstuie wrote:
Communications may also get a rocket, with the 'disconnection' between club messaging and supporter sentiment. Supporters frankly don't give a @#$%&! right now about 'the hardest hits of the week', how good Eddie's latest arsey goal was, or that Charlie's a week closer (no shit). It's ok for the club to show that they're made up of human beings who feel what we feel, and not just soundbytes from the 'slogantron 3000'. I remember early in the year after Norf got flogged one week and their tweet was to the effect of "We're hurting too", which I'm sure did little to make their supporters feel better but at least didn't patronise them.

For years posters whinged because the club didn't communicate with the members and when they do, we now don't give a @#$%&! about it. :lol:
Personally, I think our communication team have been excellent the past couple of years.

I agree

They have improved out of sight, yet I still want more.

After a win all those Highlights are great to rewatch, as do my kids.
Aftyer a loss, well, a few losses. everything seems black and wrong.

We are all hurting, but that shouldn't stop the club having Goal of the Day, Mark of the Day, Big Hits....I don't want to go to the Dark Ages and have our media channel focus just on the negativity. The other media outlets are in that domain. That's Black Dog stuff. We need all the cheering we can get.

I still watch the old GF's as well as some classic games, but its good to be reminded of what we have today. Its not all that bad, because things improve pretty quickly.

I don't mind if the club comes out to say we are hurting in addition to all the good stuff tho.

Agree with that, but timing is a bit off.. so many fans are hurting after the loss, expecting some answers and the only thing you get on the website are some flash in the pan moments which in no way define the sentiment at the time.. I woudl have thought they'd present Teagues presser and then give it a day before they posted the niceties.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:13 pm 
Bruce Doull

Exactly. It's all well and good to pump up tyres based on sporadic moments, but always doing so in the immediate hours following losses they know supporters will be hurting from is tone deaf in the extreme, especially when there is no acknowledgment that their hurt is felt and/or justified. It's no wonder so many supporters think the club doesn't give a @#$%&! and that the players are just collecting a paycheque.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:19 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Donstuie wrote:
Exactly. It's all well and good to pump up tyres based on sporadic moments, but always doing so in the immediate hours following losses they know supporters will be hurting from is tone deaf in the extreme, especially when there is no acknowledgment that their hurt is felt and/or justified. It's no wonder so many supporters think the club doesn't give a @#$%&! and that the players are just collecting a paycheque.

OK I understand the timing issue.

AND, its an issue for some.

Its not a Carlton thing.
Its what all Institutions do.

That's Entertainment.

I'm not sure anything can fix 20 years of failed expectations, other than wins, and a run of them for Carlton fans....Now, that's entertainment.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:36 pm 
Bruce Doull

Speaking of supporters hurting. Sellers looked at his wits end on 360 last night

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:50 pm 
Geoff Southby

Donstuie wrote:
Sidefx wrote:
Is this review more Carlton trickery or is it legit?

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/teams/carlton-blues/afl-news-2021-carlton-review-of-football-department-david-teague-contract-new-president-mark-logiudice/news-story/2c6e8981152478a9bd1e90ddab1ea20a

Quote:
Carlton president Mark LoGiudice insists an external review of his club’s football department is not a “a review of the coach”, stressing “there’s no panic” at the Blues.

But AFL 360 co-host Gerard Whateley believes LoGiudice’s support of Teague is “slightly counter-intuitive”.

We really need to keep MLG away from media, and should've used this as the opportunity to introduce the footy public to his successor.

Yep.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:02 pm 
Bruce Doull

FMD I agree with Robbo on something :?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwzyWsRiynQ

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:45 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Thank God for Collingwood... Otherwise we would have to listen to that kind of drivel non-stop

Go Blues

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:25 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

CK95 wrote:
It will be very interesting to see how Andrew Russell emerges from the review
I think he'll emerge reasonably strong at the start but definitely fade towards the end of each review stage.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:41 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

bluehammer wrote:
CK95 wrote:
It will be very interesting to see how Andrew Russell emerges from the review
I think he'll emerge reasonably strong at the start but definitely fade towards the end of each review stage.
:lol:

Depends how much he runs around like a headless chook for....

Go Blues

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:15 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

True. Just a case of Cottrelaral damage.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:18 am 
Rod Ashman

I really hope that this review is putting a lot of heat on the players too. And that they know that.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:38 am 
Ken Hunter

billc3 wrote:
Thank God for Collingwood... Otherwise we would have to listen to that kind of drivel non-stop

Go Blues

why drivel?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:13 am 
Bob Chitty

17th Premiership wrote:
I really hope that this review is putting a lot of heat on the players too. And that they know that.

Agreed 17th
If the players are able to just point fingers at the coaches and other members of the footy department while taking no responsibility for the situation, the review will not help much.
While I’ve been critical of the coaches and head of football and will likely remain critical of them, they’re not the ones that are missing tackles, not running two ways, missing shots on goal etc.
The culture and standards set by the playing group must also form part of the terms of reference for this review.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:54 am 
Rod Ashman

david31 wrote:
17th Premiership wrote:

Agreed 17th
If the players are able to just point fingers at the coaches and other members of the footy department while taking no responsibility for the situation, the review will not help much.
While I’ve been critical of the coaches and head of football and will likely remain critical of them, they’re not the ones that are missing tackles, not running two ways, missing shots on goal etc.
The culture and standards set by the playing group must also form part of the terms of reference for this review.

Yes, and just to be clear, I think the heat should be on everyone incl the Board, Admin, Coaches, Players.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:37 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

dannyboy wrote:
billc3 wrote:

Go Blues

why drivel?
Robbo? Really??

Most of it, including that performance is poorly thought through rubbish...
He wouldn't know 'analysis' if it bit him on the bum.

We're playing dumb football... One on one against WCE when they want to play a possession game... Guess what, most of them can out muscle or lead to play possession... Dumb...

FFS, We let them play a game suited to Subiaco when we were at the SCG...no crowding, no pressure... Who could they kick it long to?? Dumb..

Against the Swans we get up and refuse to control or... (Yep.. You guessed it..) don't try to crowd the ball and players... They took every risk and it paid at ends of quarters because we were cooked... They did it 3 times, we should have done it a number of times.. Control the ball... Move us, around and then burst out and score... While we catch our breath... Dumb...
In the 3rd and 4th they did it to us and we still couldn't see it... Dumb...We gave them the ball and they did it to us.
Then there is stoppages... Teams bring in numbers and drop them out while we have players (hi Dow) standing there watching....

Then there is what 'Robbo' says is wrong with Carlton.....

Drivel

Go Blues

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:25 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/teams/ ... 6c1efb238d

Tom Morris
Tom Morris from Fox Sports
@tommorris32
June 11th, 2021 12:15 pm

Carlton approached Hawthorn champion Jason Dunstall to be part of the club’s external review but he politely declined.

Dunstall, who played a key role in Adelaide’s review two years ago alongside Matthew Pavlich, knocked back the role in recent days.

The Blues could announce the panel as early as Friday afternoon.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:29 pm 
Harry Vallence

Being an ex-Blues supporter I would have liked Dunstall to be part of the review but perhaps during his playing years Hawks and Blues were fierce rivals some of that rivalry is still in the system.
I know an ex-Hawk from that era and although being a great guy he does have some hatred of the Blues.

Last edited by Navy One on Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:38 pm 
Bruce Doull

Navy One wrote:
Being an ex-Blues supporter I would have liked Dunstan to be part of the review but perhaps during his playing years Hawks and Blues were fierce rivals some of that rivalry is still in the system.
I know an ex-Hawk from that era and although being a great guy he does have some hatred of the Blues.

It's probably more like he wants to steer clear of the shitshow.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:42 pm 
Harry Vallence

CK95 wrote:
Navy One wrote:
Being an ex-Blues supporter I would have liked Dunstall to be part of the review but perhaps during his playing years Hawks and Blues were fierce rivals some of that rivalry is still in the system.

It's probably more like he wants to steer clear of the shitshow.

Yeah ..... and it is a shitshow

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3474 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93 ... 174  Next