Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:14 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1520 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 76  Next
 Post subject: Re: List Management 2021
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:34 pm 
Geoff Southby

Blue Vain wrote:
Saad is the least of our problems. He's shown a few of our blokes how to play with injury without sooking it up. Personally, I think he's shown far more resilience, footy IQ and leadership than most of our blokes.

Where else can he play
If he plays exclusively as an unaccountable HBF on 3.5 million over 5 years then you have a problem
Not as big a problem as having only 3 decent mids
But it’s a problem
It’s part of the overall issue at this club
It seems the club has hit a crisis point this week
But it should of hit that point a long time ago

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:41 pm 
Garry Crane

Maybe SOS was on the right track with all he’s draft picks to me it looks like Bolton & Teague and there assistant have let the club down by not being able to develop them

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:46 pm 
Banned

Stranger wrote:
Maybe SOS was on the right track with all he’s draft picks to me it looks like Bolton & Teague and there assistant have let the club down by not being able to develop them

Not entirely correct - Harry, Weitering, Jack, Fisher, Dekoning, Walsh are travelling nicely.

Sure, developing midfield is a huge issue. I think thats more to do with asking kids to do too much and loss of confidence which is the coaches fault and stifled their development rather than introducing them with experience around them and let them naturally develop rather than fast tracking their development rates thinking they are some super coach sent from the gods.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:47 pm 
Geoff Southby

Stranger wrote:
Maybe SOS was on the right track with all he’s draft picks to me it looks like Teague and his assistants have let the club down by not being able to develop them

EFA
Bolton was developing the kids nicely IMO, albeit at the expense of winning games.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:51 pm 
Geoff Southby

jamespul65 wrote:
i never wanted Saad i wanted nick cox / another dumb easy trade from our recruiting team

Cox was taken at original pick 6.
We had pick 8.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:55 pm 
John Nicholls

From AFL.com.au

"Carlton currently holds pick No.5 this year and might consider a reset in a similar mould to Port Adelaide in 2018, rather than a quick solution through a trade or free agency acquisition. Back then, the Power – having entered four of the last five drafts without a top-20 pick and having spent the previous off-season landing experienced talent in the form of Tom Rockliff, Jack Watts and Steven Motlop – completely changed tack. It traded out Chad Wingard and Jared Polec, took three first-round selections to the 2018 draft and rebuilt its prospects for the future via Connor Rozee, Zak Butters and Xavier Duursma."

I like what Port did. SPS can return to one of the WA clubs and we may get something reasonable in return. LoB, Dow could go back to the Bendigo pioneers and I'd be happy with a slab of Boags premium. Who else do we have that may have currency, but who we should be moving on?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:00 pm 
Geoff Southby

robertbb wrote:
From AFL.com.au

"Carlton currently holds pick No.5 this year and might consider a reset in a similar mould to Port Adelaide in 2018, rather than a quick solution through a trade or free agency acquisition. Back then, the Power – having entered four of the last five drafts without a top-20 pick and having spent the previous off-season landing experienced talent in the form of Tom Rockliff, Jack Watts and Steven Motlop – completely changed tack. It traded out Chad Wingard and Jared Polec, took three first-round selections to the 2018 draft and rebuilt its prospects for the future via Connor Rozee, Zak Butters and Xavier Duursma."

I like what Port did. SPS can return to one of the WA clubs and we may get something reasonable in return. LoB, Dow could go back to the Bendigo pioneers and I'd be happy with a slab of Boags premium. Who else do we have that may have currency, but who we should be moving on?

I know this.......McGovern. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:08 pm 
Rod Ashman

robertbb wrote:
From AFL.com.au

I still think Dow can make it. Just needs some clearer direction and a good run without injury.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:31 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

keogh wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
Saad is the least of our problems. He's shown a few of our blokes how to play with injury without sooking it up. Personally, I think he's shown far more resilience, footy IQ and leadership than most of our blokes.

Where else can he play
If he plays exclusively as an unaccountable HBF on 3.5 million over 5 years then you have a problem

How many goals has he conceded this year to his direct opponent?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:42 pm 
Bert Deacon

sos did the correct thing by trading those players and getting early draft picks except the players he selected are not good enough maybe he stuffed up his picks. I would give Dow and LOB 1 more year but sps trade asap .

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:25 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

keogh wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:

Where else can he play
Not as big a problem as having only 3 decent mids
But it’s a problem
It’s part of the overall issue at this club
It seems the club has hit a crisis point this week
But it should of hit that point a long time ago

We got Saad in to play as an attacking HB, which he does aplomb.

He can lock down, but I bet he's not asked to play that role.

Coaching Conundrum.

He's got legs, he knows how to use them.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:33 pm 
Banned

Saad is a good player. Rarely gets beaten and has weapons. Whats hurting is Williams being a flop in the middle and too much of the salary cap is directed to half back now. List is becoming unbalanced

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:44 pm 
Bruce Doull

I reckon Williams will find his way back into the middle sooner rather than later

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:45 pm 
Banned

CK95 wrote:
I reckon Williams will find his way back into the middle sooner rather than later

I hope so, this team needs him.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:56 pm 
Laurie Kerr

Package up SPS and our second round to Fremantle for Cerra.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:02 pm 
Geoff Southby

The 19 tram wrote:

The fact the club isn't playing him, unfortunately it will be more like our first and SPS at minimum.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:05 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Sidefx wrote:
robertbb wrote:
Who else do we have that may have currency, but who we should be moving on?

Maybe if the currency is the Iranian Rial.

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:08 pm 
Geoff Southby

GWS wrote:
Sidefx wrote:
robertbb wrote:
Who else do we have that may have currency, but who we should be moving on?

Maybe if the currency is the Iranian Rial.

:lol:
Or Indonesian Rupiah.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:20 pm 
Robert Walls

Sidefx wrote:
The 19 tram wrote:

The fact the club isn't playing him, unfortunately it will be more like our first and SPS at minimum.

I'd do that deal in a heartbeat - would be even better with a 2nd or 3rd round pick coming back .

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:29 pm 
Ken Hunter

No re-signings yet? Hmmm

Losing our kids and talent will hurt us more than most are even thinking.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1520 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 76  Next