Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:07 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:43 pm 
Ken Hunter

Then stop getting me wired up like that. :cry:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:07 am 
Bruce Doull

Umpires: Leigh Fisher (3), Robert O'Gorman (10), Hayden Gavine (14)

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:17 am 
formerly King Kenny

I’m going to lose it if we don’t win today. The best chance is a long time to beat this mob.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:44 am 
Rod Ashman

The Normal One wrote:
I’m going to lose it if we don’t win today. The best chance is a long time to beat this mob.

If we lose today, I think we will all lose it. :banghead:
Just win!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:03 am 
Horrie Clover

Put this down as a W.

Not negotiable.

And by at least 5 goals.

Statement game.

Any other result and there will be rioting, Molotov cocktails, tear gas and a great kicking of cats.

And thats just in my house.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:10 am 
Ken Hands

In the tigers/ druggies game last night did anyone notice( I think it was Shia Bolton ) , who ran to tackle an opponent who gave it off , simply run through him ( legally ) to get to other guy with the ball, resulting in a turnover.Hope our boys were watching. Talk about desperate. That’s where we need to get to defensively. Hate both teams. Tigers played the ultimate game of rope a dope .

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:17 am 
Stephen Kernahan

A big game for the club but a huge game for Dow IMHO.
He showed a lot last outing until injured and the coaches have come out publicly to back him in. He needs a good start. He's lacked belief in the AFL side for a long time but the time is now for him. There's jokes recently about a "light bulb moment", well Paddy needs one.
He seems to lose confidence easily and if he sprays a kick or 2, he regresses and goes handball crazy to the detriment of the team and himself.
He offers something no one else does. He has the power and speed to come out the front of stoppages. A huge advantage to our forwards. We need him to play to his strengths, kick it long and lock the ball in. If he tries to finesse, he doesn't have the skillset and he drops his bundle.

The coaches need to tell him that his strengths far outweigh his deficiencies to this team. We can wear a lack of touch by foot if he can give us the burst from the stoppages we desperately need. We need role players and Dow can be one of the best if he brings his best.
A win would be great but a big day from Paddy Dow is far more important to our future prospects IMHO.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:29 am 
Harry Vallence

Waterman wrote:
In the tigers/ druggies game last night did anyone notice( I think it was Shia Bolton ) , who ran to tackle an opponent who gave it off , simply run through him ( legally ) to get to other guy with the ball, resulting in a turnover.Hope our boys were watching. Talk about desperate. That’s where we need to get to defensively. Hate both teams. Tigers played the ultimate game of rope a dope .

Ultimately, that is what brings success

Hard work, desperation, belief, team work, selflessness. Talent helps.

Richmond have it in spades. The whole outweighs the sum of its parts as they say.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:45 am 
Banned

We got talent in spades - player concentration levels to run hard and defend has been our downfall past 18 months.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:49 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

AGRO wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Tomorrows game at the SCG between 2 non Sydney based teams.
Glad I didnt end up going to Giants Stadium last night. Closed off 3/4 of the seating areas, probably to keep the catering costs down.

Seating for tomorrow at the SCG is limited. Strange limited.

I didn't want to watch the game in the Members and chose to join a Carlton family.
They could only get seats at the Clive Churchill stand, around the 50 metre mark.
Talk about limited. Hopefully we will venture up the Briwongle stand.

Anyone else going to the NSW Carlton Supporters function at the Capt Cook Hotel across the road?
I've registered, but got kids footy game beforehand, so who knows.

I hope the Carlton support doubles the Eagles...and hope Umpire No. 22 Naiffen is not umpiring (if that's what you call what he does)

If Nathan “The Cheat” Williamson is umpiring what little hope we have is lost.

:roll:

You know that.
I know that.
We all know that.

Good news...Naiffen isn't umpiring our game today :clap:

Good omen No. 1.

Last edited by bondiblue on Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:51 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Donstuie wrote:
Umpires: Leigh Fisher (3), Robert O'Gorman (10), Hayden Gavine (14)

Can't recall any of them doing my head in.

Good omen No 2

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:25 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Waterman wrote:

Its something the Blue boys would've been watching last night as a group, and they would have (should have) commented on the intent and the aggression of Shai and the Tigers.

Our boys are a young group who like to travel and be together. They have been settled in Sydney for last 2 weeks, whereas WCE had to fly in from Perth on Friday.

Omen 3

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:27 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Beautiful sunny day in Sydney.
Waves are pumpin from recent storm in Tasman.

Blueboys will feel like its summer.
The Wet Toast boys will feel the cold.

Omen 4

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:27 am 
Ken Hunter

Blue Vain wrote:
He showed a lot last outing until injured and the coaches have come out publicly to back him in. He needs a good start. He's lacked belief in the AFL side for a long time but the time is now for him. There's jokes recently about a "light bulb moment", well Paddy needs one.
He seems to lose confidence easily and if he sprays a kick or 2, he regresses and goes handball crazy to the detriment of the team and himself.
He offers something no one else does. He has the power and speed to come out the front of stoppages. A huge advantage to our forwards. We need him to play to his strengths, kick it long and lock the ball in. If he tries to finesse, he doesn't have the skillset and he drops his bundle.

The coaches need to tell him that his strengths far outweigh his deficiencies to this team. We can wear a lack of touch by foot if he can give us the burst from the stoppages we desperately need. We need role players and Dow can be one of the best if he brings his best.
A win would be great but a big day from Paddy Dow is far more important to our future prospects IMHO.

:clap:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:30 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Blue Vain wrote:

Nice post.

Go Paddy. Its your day.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:31 am 
Craig Bradley

Good post BV let’s hope he tears it up we need him to come good and play like he did in his first season
I’m glad the coaches have backed him

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:55 am 
Bruce Doull

The Sunday Footy Show put together a nice little package of classic Carlton/West Coast matches from over the years....& they were all wins to us.

Omen 5

Carlton by 168 points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:00 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

bondiblue wrote:
Waterman wrote:

Its something the Blue boys would've been watching last night as a group, and they would have (should have) commented on the intent and the aggression of Shai and the Tigers.

Our boys are a young group who like to travel and be together. They have been settled in Sydney for last 2 weeks, whereas WCE had to fly in from Perth on Friday.

Omen 3

Is that you Damian?

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:17 pm 
Geoff Southby

AGRO wrote:
Unless I miss my guess we are going to get schooled in how a serious AFL team performs with their replacement players performing their roles.

:thumbsup:

Yeah they beat st kilda when they had a lot out last year

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:10 pm 
Craig Bradley

Much more exciting team with Fisher Dow and Martin back in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next