Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:25 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91 ... 266  Next
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 3:32 pm 
Harry Vallence

SurreyBlue wrote:
Get some line coaches in who know what they are doing.
Just as an example, Melbourne got Mark Williams in for a specific reason - resilience / toughness, and look at them now. No offence but Kruezer became our ruck coach and Pittonet has gone backwards. We need the best possible assistance in to not just support Teague but freshen us up. It really is that evident.

Thank you finally someone has noticed kruzer still at the club .. and still having a negative impact

Simmo helped the woman’s team and they didn’t make finals

So does that mean we are going to offer Murphy a job next year

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 4:46 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

SurreyBlue wrote:
Get some line coaches in who know what they are doing.
Just as an example, Melbourne got Mark Williams in for a specific reason - resilience / toughness, and look at them now. No offence but Kruezer became our ruck coach and Pittonet has gone backwards. We need the best possible assistance in to not just support Teague but freshen us up. It really is that evident.

Things were looking really good for Carlton end of 2019 and precovid cuts.

A lot of Carlton fans forget we DID sign up Justin Longmuir, a bonafide class assistant to support Teague with game plan and development. He knows what he's doing. Bad luck Freo signed him up before he got going at Carlton. We haven't filled the hole he left; quality, experienced Assistant Coach (Forwards WCE & Defence Collingwood)

I know that cameron Bruce (Forwards) came from a successful team, in a successful era with Hawks 2013-2017 where they won 3 flags.

I do know Amos (Defence) is highly regarded amongst current and past players and seems to create good connection within the lines he looks after.

I know nothing about the pros and cons of the current assistant coaches qualifications or success: Stanton (midfield and transition) and OKeefe (Midfield Development) other than his association with Amos in the past. He's no Voss, but we have a plethora of high draft mids who need a lot more work. Their slow development may have something to do with opportunity.

Luke Power is a huge assett. The perfect coach for young players coming out of the Academy and into AFL. He is not an Assistant.

I too am facetious when it comes to Kreuzer. I understand his heart and soul status, and never gives up. He was a good ruck rover when the ball was in his proximity, and Nic Nat says Kreuzer was his most difficult opponent. After Kreuzers first 16 games, I wasn't impressed with his ruck work (jimmae and I argued a lot about Kreuzer). Pittonet surprised last year with the covid disrupted season (short quarters) but he makes dumb decisions. He can't jump. Kreuzer worked with him last year too. He is a 3rd ruckman. Pity injury has struck down TDK and Levi.

Line coaches look after a team within a team. If they have important members (the class) out injured they can only work on development, not so much game day strategies developing players would stuggle with. Interesting how Croes, Swans, and Freo have shown game plans that work for the young developing teams. Maybe their elder statesmen are better than ours: Murphy, Betts, Ed vs Kennedy Parker (Swans), Mundy, Fyfe (Freo), Sloan Crouch (Crows). Maybe the problem is the game plan...kick it far, kick it forward, Lock it in.???

Kreuzer's main 2 ruckmen have been struck by injury. Pitto isn't the future. He's a break glass player.

Bruce's forwardline has been decimated by injury Charlie, TDK/Levi, Martin, Fisher, McGovern, Silvagni, so he can be excused...but when Charlie is back with Jacks and Fish and a fit TDK/Levi look out.

Amos's Defence has Doc's shoulders a bit of a worry (and cancer scare preseason), and Marchbank, who would take Plowmans spot imo. Amos looks fine with the addition of Saad and 2 players considered for AA

Stanton's midfield has had martin and Williams season disrupted, the young ones not given much of a chance (perhaps coach decision???) or form issues. As for the Transition role, this seems to be lacking and overlooked by kick it blindly forward strategy. Philp would've been handy

OKeefe's job is to develop the young mids. Who knows why some haven't kicked on. Blame is on the MC's positional decisions.

Lastly Barker he came as a successful Assistant under Lyon at Saints, and Clarkson at Hawks. We have been good at stoppages, but the Transition and system from there has been a huge issue compared to other teams who find a way to link. If only we could take advantage of our strength at stoppages...Cripps' form and disposal has been very ordinary this year, and Murphy was a dud in the midfield, so much for experience.

We could do better.
We need to get better.
I can't see the same group of Assistants at carlton in 2022.
I can see the soft cap lifted too, so that will help get coaching talent in the door.

Bottom line for me is Transition and Injuries have hurt us ... and those 15 minute lapses in concentration. Eyes are on Teague more than anyone else me thinks.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 11:31 pm 
Ken Hunter

..krooz is a first year coach, and I loved him as a player.. ..he played as a follow my example type, rather than a listen to my direction type.. ....naturally talented, limited by injury.. ....he may well become a good coach, he did have good footy iq, but having it come naturally vs being able to articulate?, who knows..

....but trying to link pittonette form to krooz coaching?, I'm not sure.. ....I reckon a lot of players are under performing, and it can't keep being the coaches fault.. ..it might be a contribution, yes.. ....but somewhere along the line, players need to be accountable..

....and ultimately it needs to come from within the playing group.. ....and the captains need to drive that demand..

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 8:33 am 
Rod Ashman

Sakc Teague hire Thomas Tuchel

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 5:55 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

7 goal streak* this time.

Slaughtered in centre clearances but yeah drop the bloke who won some last week.

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 5:57 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

8 goal streak.

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 5:58 pm 
Rod Ashman

Flower off

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 6:02 pm 
formerly Fevola

Our midfield are shit and all the potential midfielders are playing forward or in the back. We got smashed from the last 5 mins of the 3rd and all the last. And what changes did he make. ZERO…………

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 6:03 pm 
Laurie Kerr

Can't wait to see the back of this bloke. Better player than coach and that says plenty.

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 6:05 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Stoppages
Attachment:
WBDCARL STOPPAGES.PNG
WBDCARL STOPPAGES.PNG [ 83.26 KiB | Viewed 1705 times ]

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 6:07 pm 
Adrian Gallagher

Why does it seem our coach sits there like he a supporter watching it all unfold...emotionless. Doesn't seem to reach in a timely manner.

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 6:08 pm 
Craig Bradley

SEEN ENOUGH

He enables our weak mindset. He accepts mediocrity

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 6:09 pm 
Craig Bradley

CarltonComeback wrote:
Why does it seem our coach sits there like he a supporter watching it all unfold...emotionless. Doesn't seem to reach in a timely manner.

Exactly. The mindset of our team mirrors that of the coach.

Give me a coach with a champion mindset please. Someone inspiring

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 6:13 pm 
formerly Fevola

He sits in the coaches box and looks like a dumb arse. Cripps even though is playing shit starts of the bench in the 3rd for 7 mins. Saad on the bench in last for 12 mins. Walsh was on the bench for a while in the last 2. We have no game plan, actually its like run and gun and hope the opposition dont get us the other way. This will not beat many good sides. I cant even be bothered anymore.

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 6:14 pm 
Wayne Johnston

Another 100+ points kicked against us

We know how to leak goals

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 6:17 pm 
Craig Bradley

and here we go again......

Does this coaching group and playing group have no capacity to learn? Adapt? Overcome?

Teaguey, you want to take the pressure of you and the team? Then fix this or @#$%&! off

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 6:20 pm 
Craig Bradley

jake_h03 wrote:
fjanyc wrote:
jake_h03 wrote:
We won against a bottom 4 team today. We would have lost to probably 10 other sides. We still concede goals way to easily and allow opposition teams to score multiple goals in succession way too often. I got to my first live game since 2019 and the defensive structure was often a complete shambles. A long way from convinced, but a win is a step in the right direction. let’s hope we’re better next week

Enjoy the win Jake. We beat a team that crushed the Saints, should have beaten the Hawks and beat Collingwood convincingly. We are not in a position to take these wins for granted. We went in as underdogs and it could have gone sideways midway through the second quarter. We have a ton of injuries and gutted it out. A good win by any measure.

I’m enjoying the win don’t worry about that. This is a thread about David Teague. I’m just making comment on how I see it. I’m still really concerned about the trends that we have seen for the past 18 months.

For me there is something amiss with our system. Whether it’s the system itself or just that the players are unable to execute it, I don’t know, but our setup looked a shambles for large parts of today. As I said it’s the first game I’ve got to see live since 2019, and it became obvious to me why we are so easy to score against.

We have given up 5 goal to 0 runs in something like 2/3 of the games Teague has coached. That’s a staggering stat. Fact is today’s performance would not have been good enough against most sides. Our expectations have to be higher than just beating sides like Essendon**.

As I said though, a win is a win and let’s hope its another step forward next week rather than one step forward, two steps back

Also we most definitely did not go in as underdogs

Just want to pull this up. I copped it for being negative and not enjoying the win last week, but today shows exactly why I wasn’t satisfied with last week. All the signs were there for a loss like this to happen. We only scraped over the line last week because we were playing a bottom 4 side. 10-12 other sides would have beaten us last week as well.

Fact is we still lack any resemblance of a defensive structure which means teams can still score at will against us. It has happened since day one of Teague’s tenure and it will continue to happen. We’d be better under Bolton.

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 6:58 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

jake_h03 wrote:
jake_h03 wrote:
fjanyc wrote:
jake_h03 wrote:
We won against a bottom 4 team today. We would have lost to probably 10 other sides. We still concede goals way to easily and allow opposition teams to score multiple goals in succession way too often. I got to my first live game since 2019 and the defensive structure was often a complete shambles. A long way from convinced, but a win is a step in the right direction. let’s hope we’re better next week

Enjoy the win Jake. We beat a team that crushed the Saints, should have beaten the Hawks and beat Collingwood convincingly. We are not in a position to take these wins for granted. We went in as underdogs and it could have gone sideways midway through the second quarter. We have a ton of injuries and gutted it out. A good win by any measure.

I’m enjoying the win don’t worry about that. This is a thread about David Teague. I’m just making comment on how I see it. I’m still really concerned about the trends that we have seen for the past 18 months.

For me there is something amiss with our system. Whether it’s the system itself or just that the players are unable to execute it, I don’t know, but our setup looked a shambles for large parts of today. As I said it’s the first game I’ve got to see live since 2019, and it became obvious to me why we are so easy to score against.

We have given up 5 goal to 0 runs in something like 2/3 of the games Teague has coached. That’s a staggering stat. Fact is today’s performance would not have been good enough against most sides. Our expectations have to be higher than just beating sides like Essendon***.

As I said though, a win is a win and let’s hope its another step forward next week rather than one step forward, two steps back

Also we most definitely did not go in as underdogs

Just want to pull this up. I copped it for being negative and not enjoying the win last week, but today shows exactly why I wasn’t satisfied with last week. All the signs were there for a loss like this to happen. We only scraped over the line last week because we were playing a bottom 4 side. 10-12 other sides would have beaten us last week as well.

Fact is we still lack any resemblance of a defensive structure which means teams can still score at will against us. It has happened since day one of Teague’s tenure and it will continue to happen. We’d be better under Bolton.

Agree

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 6:59 pm 
Bruce Doull

I just hope he doesn't yell at the players afterwards. The leaders won't like that.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 7:09 pm 
Harry Vallence

There must be a rule that the coach needs to come onto the ground at quarter time and three quarter time otherwise I reckon he’d happily sit in his fortress of solitude all match

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91 ... 266  Next