Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:35 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 10:24 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

This week we have to bring our contested brand of footy. .
Hence, Newnes bigger body required to hit Footscray mids where it hurts...repeatedly.
Cripps Williams Ed in the middle with Walsh and Sammo playing inside/ outside role
Murphy should not play this week against the quick dogs. Too unaccountable, not physical enough, and too slow for Doggies.

Setterfield and Newman would be handy in this game for their bigger bodies.
If Setterfield selected he should be played as an inside mid.

Owies Cottrell and Parks have added a physical presence, and with that tackling pressure, and should be persisted with.

We have to wait to see how Dow is, but he's worth persevering with imo...seems to have found a desire to get the hard ball.

All this pressure for spots has come from dropping players to find form or wake up call Dow, Setterfield, Kennedy, SPS, with OBrien starting to look ok too, Williamson.

Now its time to ask Murphy to come back through the VFL, because he wasn't setting the world on fire prior to injuring his neck.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 10:25 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

ianh wrote:
...then midyear draft a Ruck Fwd (dont grow on trees)...
/quote]

Maybe Jack Hayes from WWT in the sanfl? Only 194cm but does chop out in the ruck.

https://sanfl.com.au/league/news/statew ... -50-no-37/

Good idea, but please no sub 200cm ruckmen.
Ruckmen are getting taller and 5-10cm shorter renders them uncompetitive vs tall ruckmen

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 10:50 am 
Bob Chitty

bondiblue wrote:
ianh wrote:
...then midyear draft a Ruck Fwd (dont grow on trees)...
/quote]

Maybe Jack Hayes from WWT in the sanfl? Only 194cm but does chop out in the ruck.

https://sanfl.com.au/league/news/statew ... -50-no-37/

Good idea, but please no sub 200cm ruckmen.
Ruckmen are getting taller and 5-10cm shorter renders them uncompetitive vs tall ruckmen

Would only be good for a chop-out ruck with Pittonet or TDK as main man. Much like Levi's role, but I am worried Levi may be cooked. Perhaps he is carrying something he can get over but I fear it may be the body has hit the wall. Anyway Hayes might be value as a forward in any event, it is not as if we are overstocked for backup talls. Ideally what we want is the Rowan Marshall of several years ago when he kept being overlooked in the draft - able to ruck or play forward or back. Now they certianly don't grow on trees. Mirkov shows something in the 2s but is really raw, Gundry I like but need him on the paddock more and both he and Delaney the other ruck type in the 2s are also pretty raw. Short term help probably would have to come from the state leagues more mature types but don't know there is much leaping out at me.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 4:02 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

bondiblue wrote:
Owies Cottrell and Parks have added a physical presence, and with that tackling pressure, and should be persisted with.

Cottrell squibbed it badly in the middle of the ground against Ess.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 4:50 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Paddycripps wrote:
bondiblue wrote:

Did he do it all game? Once?

Bad enough to drop him? or consider his tackling and physical presence as negligible?

No dramas if you se it that way. I thought the 3 newies provided a newfound physicalness and desire to get to the contest. Something players like Walsh, Weitring Ed, Fogarty and Saad show week in week out

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 6:05 pm 
Geoff Southby

Paddycripps wrote:
bondiblue wrote:

Are you sure Pad ? PetSet you are thinking of maybe.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 6:10 pm 
Craig Bradley

Paddycripps wrote:
bondiblue wrote:

Saw that. Didn’t want a bar of Tippa when he was on a tear in the first quarter.

Agree the other two blokes don’t mind the front on contact.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 8:01 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Paddycripps wrote:
bondiblue wrote:

Cost us a goal.
Squibbed something shocking.
Worst part all he needed to do was make a contest and we were out.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 10:42 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Sydney Blue wrote:
Paddycripps wrote:
bondiblue wrote:

Cost us a goal.
Squibbed something shocking.
Worst part all he needed to do was make a contest and we were out.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Cost us a goal!
FMD... first quarter? Tippa goal?
I will try and find it to have a squiz

Should he be dropped for it?

He was running really well in the last. Assett in such a running game.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 2:07 pm 
Ken Hunter

Did any AFL members manage to reserve a seat that's not at the back of level 3?

I've tried several times and that's all it gives me.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 2:38 pm 
Craig Bradley

150 AFL games for Liam Jones this week.

Harry is three shy of 100 career goals.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 4:18 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Crusader wrote:
150 AFL games for Liam Jones this week.

Harry is three shy of 100 career goals.

Liam plays his accumulated 150th for 2 clubs, against his former club.

Come on Blues.

Do it for Liam

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 8:47 pm 
Craig Bradley

Bring back Thursday night teams

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 6:55 am 
formerly Yazzamatazz

Pretty sure they'll be back soon, overwhelming response to AFL poll, something like 95% want it back.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 9:29 am 
Geoff Southby

Lace Out wrote:
Pretty sure they'll be back soon, overwhelming response to AFL poll, something like 95% want it back.

Hope you are right Laces.....................we could go on about rule changes,umpires,cost of footy,seating, etc,etc.............but of all the things that shit me the most is not having the teams thursday night 630pm...............its friggin' painful,excruciatingly painful...........shit,i go back prior to television when you used to listen to the teams being read out on the radio.........3DB 930 at night.Mate,i used to tingle with excitement................Chick,Kerr,Gilchrist,what a centreline.Donaldson in the ruck.................anyhow,get 'em back to thursday night where it belongs.

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 9:34 am 
Wayne Johnston

Mickstar wrote:
Lace Out wrote:

Hope you are right Laces.....................we could go on about rule changes,umpires,cost of footy,seating, etc,etc.............but of all the things that shit me the most is not having the teams thursday night 630pm...............its friggin' painful,excruciatingly painful...........shit,i go back prior to television when you used to listen to the teams being read out on the radio.........3DB 930 at night.Mate,i used to tingle with excitement................Chick,Kerr,Gilchrist,what a centreline.Donaldson in the ruck.................anyhow,get 'em back to thursday night where it belongs.

Ron Casey -"Backs Comben , Ferry, J. Nicholls
Half-Backs James, Varlamos, Crowe" etc

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 9:58 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

chubbyruss wrote:
Mickstar wrote:
Lace Out wrote:

You guys are old. Really old. :wink:

Or, should I say, you must be really wise!

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 10:30 am 
Geoff Southby

chubbyruss wrote:
Mickstar wrote:
Lace Out wrote:

Yeah Russ.............Ron Casey calling the fights on Friday night.Ron was so good you thought you were there.3DB............Russ,has there been a better than Ron Casey ? and when it comes to that,how about Bert Bryant with the gallopers.Was there anything more comical than listening to Bert call a race when he obviously had a wager on.Talk about bias.Hilarious.

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 10:55 am 
Stephen Kernahan

So who is in and who goes out?
If JSOS, Williams, DeKoning, Newman, Murphy and Dow all pull up well, what changes do you make? Plus Kennedy was excellent in the VFL.

Personally I wouldn't leave Dow out. Some of his clearances last week were excellent. The one in the first quarter that resulted in Walsh' goal was outstanding. The goal got the glory but the clearance was great. Credit to Pittonet who served it on a platter. It appears that is a set play that was well executed.

For me, DeKoning should come in for Levi if his fitness is up to it. Otherwise give him another week in the VFL. Parks holds his spot so unless Stocker loses his spot or gets moved upfield, Newman can have another run in the VFL.
Williams for Cottrell and JSOS for McGovern. If Jack isn't quite ready, I'd bring in Kennedy as the 3rd tall. Owies keeps his spot.
Toss up between Gibbons, Murphy and SPS. One in the 22, one in the 2's and the other medical sub.

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 11:00 am 
Bruce Doull

I'm looking forward to seeing JSOS out there again but he hasn't played for a month - reckon he could do with a game in the 2s.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next