Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:46 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:09 pm 
Garry Crane

Bulldogs are 5-0. They dropped a premiership player and Norm Smith medalist for the first few games due to poor form.
We refuse to shoot our Bambi’s.

Bontompelli kicked 3 goals yesterday.
Toby Greene kicked 1.7 but the 1 was from a gutsy mark at a crucial time. Leadership.

Get Toby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:10 pm 
Bob Chitty

azzablue wrote:
redback wrote:
Waterman wrote:
The players, coaches ect need to be made sit and watch the Western Bulldogs play , there skill level by both hand and foot is first class, there two way running is first class and they are playing selfless footy . There attack on the ball and opposition is manic .

or teague should start doing what a coach should do

Have you seen seen the coaching staff around Teague ??

We would have the worse coaching group in the league

Agreed
Even GC went and got Rhyce Shaw who has come through the Sydney system as a player and assistant and has a strong reputation as an experienced assistant coach
We’ve got Barker on a lifetime contract instead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:43 pm 
John Nicholls

Heavs wrote:
Just glad a true club champion is going to get carried to 300.

And off the field no doubt.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:48 pm 
Robert Walls

bondiblue wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
azzablue wrote:
If I was Walsh and McKay managers , I would
Be ringing them today and saying to them , let
Me get out of this horrible losing , no man lands , stands for nothing , still live in past success , horrible football club

Are you Harrys manager or taking the piss? I note earlier in this thread you say McKay is the best forward in the comp.
We had 57 inside 50's. He had 5 possessions. All marks. When the ball hits the ground, he is a statue.
Meanwhile his opponent has 17 possessions and 3 score involvements.
Aaron Naughton is a far better player and he's 21 years old. 17 other clubs would jump at him before McKay
Naughton gets up the ground and offers far more value. Especially when the ball hits the ground or requires defensive intent.
People get caught up by the goals. Harry has kicked 16 goals to 11 but look beyond that. McKay kicked 4 goals against Collingwood yet his opponent flogged him. Moore got 8 coaches votes.
As I said last year. I hope his manager shops him around. If someone offered us a top 10 pick, I'd jump at it. Look at what Essendon*** have acquired with early picks. Some excellent young players.
If Cripps would get us 2 first rounders as free agency compensation, I'd kiss him good bye as well.

We're way off being a ruthless club. But that's what we need to be. We wont have success with players who cant kick the footy.

If we could get 2 Top 10 picks for both and shop those picks for top class draftees and honest players, we are ahead.

Harry is a statue when the ball hits the ground. No fail.

Crippa is the most selfish captain in the AFL. Doesn't care to bring players into the game, let alone give off the ball to players in a better position.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:53 pm 
Harry Vallence

99prelim wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
azzablue wrote:
Me get out of this horrible losing , no man lands , stands for nothing , still live in past success , horrible football club

Are you Harrys manager or taking the piss? I note earlier in this thread you say McKay is the best forward in the comp.
We had 57 inside 50's. He had 5 possessions. All marks. When the ball hits the ground, he is a statue.
Aaron Naughton is a far better player and he's 21 years old. 17 other clubs would jump at him before McKay
Naughton gets up the ground and offers far more value. Especially when the ball hits the ground or requires defensive intent.
People get caught up by the goals. Harry has kicked 16 goals to 11 but look beyond that. McKay kicked 4 goals against Collingwood yet his opponent flogged him. Moore got 8 coaches votes.
As I said last year. I hope his manager shops him around. If someone offered us a top 10 pick, I'd jump at it. Look at what Essendon**** have acquired with early picks. Some excellent young players.
If Cripps would get us 2 first rounders as free agency compensation, I'd kiss him good bye as well.

We're way off being a ruthless club. But that's what we need to be. We wont have success with players who cant kick the footy.

If we could get 2 Top 10 picks for both and shop those picks for top class draftees and honest players, we are ahead.

Crippa is the most selfish captain in the AFL. Doesn't care to bring players into the game, let alone give off the ball to players in a better position.

Surely you are taking the piss , the way we bring the ball inside 50 is beyond. A joke and buddy Franklin wouldn’t have a chance !!

Are you saying now McKay should rove his own crumbs ?? Does that mean we don’t need gibbons , betts or Fogarty

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:57 pm 
Rod Ashman

david31 wrote:
azzablue wrote:
redback wrote:
Waterman wrote:
The players, coaches ect need to be made sit and watch the Western Bulldogs play , there skill level by both hand and foot is first class, there two way running is first class and they are playing selfless footy . There attack on the ball and opposition is manic .

or teague should start doing what a coach should do

Have you seen seen the coaching staff around Teague ??

We would have the worse coaching group in the league

Agreed
Even GC went and got Rhyce Shaw who has come through the Sydney system as a player and assistant and has a strong reputation as an experienced assistant coach
We’ve got Barker on a lifetime contract instead

If he needs his assistant coaches to prop him up then he is not a head coach
They take direction from him not the other way around

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:25 pm 
Bruce Doull

azzablue wrote:
Surely you are taking the piss , the way we bring the ball inside 50 is beyond. A joke and buddy Franklin wouldn’t have a chance !!

What I don't understand is that Teague was an assistant at Adelaide when they were flying, when their delivery into 50 was their strength. They'd kick it cleanly to Tex & Jenkins, & Eddie would be there to take anything over the back. They used to do it superbly.

We were an absolute dog's breakfast moving the ball forward last night

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:44 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

azzablue wrote:
99prelim wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
azzablue wrote:

As I said last year. I hope his manager shops him around. If someone offered us a top 10 pick, I'd jump at it. Look at what Essendon***** have acquired with early picks. Some excellent young players.

Are you saying now McKay should rove his own crumbs ?? Does that mean we don’t need gibbons , betts or Fogarty

??? not sure where you are coming from.

Where does the ball come from before it heads into the 50? Answer: Cripps and co. Hence the highlighted.

No idea where you got the Harry idea roving his own crumbs. Have you seen Harry chase? Have you see Harry follow up his dropped marks ie 2nd efforts? Answer: neither have I.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:01 pm 
John Nicholls

azzablue wrote:

Yep. We're too slow to run through the lines, too lacking in skill to break them with kicks or handball chains... and we have no coherent system to even make it appear like we are playing to our strengths (whatever those strengths may be).

Said it mid-game. Betts, Casboult, Murphy, Curnow..... still relying on these names highlights our deficiency.

SPS, Plowman.. poor. Even lately Doc and Crippa....

Surprising we remained within 28 points to be honest.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:27 pm 
Rod Ashman

Yes,, when do we start talking about Docherty??
Look, the biggest difference IMO was the skills. Their hand passes hit the target so they don’t have to break stride, ours are soft and/or low so players have to take an extra second to get and then recover position. Their quick fire hand passes release players, ours seem to get us in more trouble. All this means that when we do finally approach 50, everyone is manned up.
Also, our backmen have a habit of ‘backing themselves’ to leave the most dangerous players on their own to try and be a hero in a less dangerous contest. What up with that??
And, too many players not having an impact - even if you’re out of form, still should be harassing, chasing, tackling. The pressure was good for much of the game with gang tackles and we got opportunities from that BUT, my final point, and returning to the first point, our kicking is terrible, especially for goal.

PS. Eddie hand balling to Kennedy when he was 35m out?? Crippa looking to give off when he should have a ping, and having a ping when he should give off.

We play 3 good teams in the next month. Unless we can even up the ledger, the season will be gone. Teague under pressure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:47 pm 
Harry Vallence

CK95 wrote:
azzablue wrote:

What I don't understand is that Teague was an assistant at Adelaide when they were flying, when their delivery into 50 was their strength. They'd kick it cleanly to Tex & Jenkins, & Eddie would be there to take anything over the back. They used to do it superbly.

I’m not saying Teague is the answer as coach but one thing is for sure , his supporting staff is the worse in the competition

And when Teague was forward coach at crows
He has walker in his prime , betts in his prime , Cameron hungry Jenkins and lynch and McGovern wanting the ball

He now has betts on his last legs , Murphy finished years ago , McGovern pay cheque player and McKay with no support

Huge difference

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:58 pm 
Geoff Southby

CK95 wrote:
azzablue wrote:

It depends on how you are playing, delivery into forward 50 was very good v Freo, even first 2 rounds it was good (our issue was what we did without the ball).

Wasn’t like the Crows moved the ball very well in the 2017 GF.

I think it’s more personnel related, we don’t have the continuity of the top sides, or the depth. People calling for “play the kids”, as Bucks said in a press conference it’s about as moronic as saying “just kick the thing”.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:13 pm 
Harry Vallence

Adam Chatfield wrote:
CK95 wrote:
azzablue wrote:

It depends on how you are playing, delivery into forward 50 was very good v Freo, even first 2 rounds it was good (our issue was what we did without the ball).

I think it’s more personnel related, we don’t have the continuity of the top sides, or the depth. People calling for “play the kids”, as Bucks said in a press conference it’s about as moronic as saying “just kick the thing”.

I think there are a myriad of reasons that have contributed to a situation where we have stagnated

We lack coherency and a system, both offensively and defensively. Players look lost at times and too heavily reliant on individual brilliance to score. May win you a few games but not sustainable against quality teams.

Player development has been appalling for too long. Linked to a lack of system and being embedded within a losing culture. This cycle of failure needs to be broken if we are to succeed.

My view is a mini rebuild should be on the cards as I don’t think this playing group will take us far. This includes change in the coaching box to support Teague.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:06 pm 
Harry Vallence

Blue Vain wrote:
azzablue wrote:

As I said last year. I hope his manager shops him around. If someone offered us a top 10 pick, I'd jump at it. Look at what Essendon** have acquired with early picks. Some excellent young players.

Yep. I would also add that Harry doesn't have the natural instincts that the great forwards have.
The occasion where he had the whole F50 to himself and refused to lead to the ball like every other good forward is doing in 2021 was farcical. He was more interested in creating a contest by running towards goal. In footy IQ measurements he is very challenged.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:19 pm 
Harry Vallence

Heavs wrote:
BluesRockMyWorld wrote:
Heavs wrote:
BluesRockMyWorld wrote:
Heavs wrote:
Just glad a true club champion is going to get carried to 300.

Would Eddie really be happy to get to 300 when his team mates are playing horrible footy and he had had limited impact in a season which must result in finals footy but is nowhere near looking even close?

Nope. I reckon he'd be selfless enough to retire

Maybe. We shall see. It's not all Eddies fault. It's the culmination of a number of incompetent components of the team, the coach and coaching group and the list management and likely a number of other things. I reckon Eddie is conflicted. He hates seeing what's happening but he can't really do much to change it. He would have a very sour feeling being carried to such a mile stone with the knowledge this is his last year of footy and he won't be playing finals footy.

Lol people think I'm talking about eddie.

Who? It doesn't matter because my point stands regardless

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:22 pm 
Rod Ashman

He has been taught the easy run behind goal that everyone has been playing the last upteen years.
Like i said before lazy and bad coaching.
Make him play in front, lead and attack the ball like a real kp forward.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:29 pm 
Garry Crane

Port out coached us. Defenders played in front of the bigs.
Along half forward with Betts gibbons Murphy Fogarty lack depth on their kicks to get it over the back.
it also surprised me the changes we made
We Lost Silvagni and parks who play desperate like they want to chase and tackle for McGovern who looks lost and Williamson is in as good touch as Dow and Setterfield.
Why make the extra 2 changes after 2 straight wins ??

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:40 pm 
Bruce Doull

Adam Chatfield wrote:

No they sucked that day, mainly because they played the worst possible opposition for their style. They'd been good all year though.

Agree with your other points

Sent from my SM-A115F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:51 pm 
Bruce Doull

The Pom made a very good point last night about how we train.

At training our guys hit targets, move the ball with purpose and confidence and take the game on. Why? Because they’re playing against their @#$%&! mates, not blokes who are trying to hurt them and/or take their spot in the team.

It’s no wonder when we actually play against opposition with more intent than we do at training that we shit ourselves.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:21 pm 
Garry Crane

robertbb wrote:
azzablue wrote:

Yep. We're too slow to run through the lines, too lacking in skill to break them with kicks or handball chains... and we have no coherent system to even make it appear like we are playing to our strengths (whatever those strengths may be).

Said it mid-game. Betts, Casboult, Murphy, Curnow..... still relying on these names highlights our deficiency.

SPS, Plowman.. poor. Even lately Doc and Crippa....

Surprising we remained within 28 points to be honest.

We are relying on them that is because he won’t play the young player
Season is over and the one way forward from here is stop playing the blokes who are finished
and play the future of the club or at least find out if they are

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next