Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:40 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:04 pm 
Geoff Southby

dannyboy wrote:
not shit

but his podcast is his view

not sure why he was dropped, but I'm guessing those that dropped him had other views - like he may not have played the role they asked etc.

As for the rest of what you are saying - its like conspiracy theories really - keep an open mind about the possibility of anything but anything that leads to a closing of the mind - beware.

We have done lots wrong and are not yet the club I would like them to be and I may be totally wrong and we are a lot closer than I think...only time, evidence and an open mind will tell (call it the 'don't get rid of Hardwick too soon' theory)..

Well if he didn’t play his role that day there were 20 players who not only “ didn’t play their role” but did @#$%&! all.
I have an open mind to some things DB
Music life generally
I’m 58 looking older but feeling young
Did a Kevin Spacey ( no not that ) and quit my teaching job because in my view the system was broken because nobody gave a @#$%&! anymore and nobody was questioning things thinking independently and critically thinking in general. Did other jobs that opened my mind to other worlds
35 years ago the only car in a schools car park at 4.00 pm on a Friday was the cleaner.
Now it’s loaded at 5.00 on a Friday with teachers putting ridiculous numbers in ridiculous boxes on their computer that somehow shows a kid to be at this reading level. And the people above them meet their K.P.Is.
And nobody asked questions like why or this is bullshit and I should be home with my family or sucking on a few coldies down the pub
And the worst byproduct of all this is a society that’s in short @#$%&! boring

So in my view there is nothing wrong being a skeptic
You should try it sometime
We both agree we want the CFC to be a powerhouse again.
Until it happens I’ll be a happy skeptic

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:26 pm 
Geoff Southby

Having read the somewhat heated discussion about Williams, it really comes down to this

3 games into the season and it is too early to tell if he is elite or not as a mid.

So why not give him a few more games and resume the argument.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:33 pm 
Geoff Southby

Teddy Hopkins wrote:
Having read the somewhat heated discussion about Williams, it really comes down to this

3 games into the season and it is too early to tell if he is elite or not as a mid.

So why not give him a few more games and resume the argument.

One season
Unless he has 5 possessions on Saturday night and we get pantsed

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:41 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Clearly a marked man for some obscure reason.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:00 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

keogh wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
We won by more than 7 goals.
You'd never know reading some of the shit in this thread.

It’s not shit
So we won by 7 goals
Against an average team savaged by injury far more than us
What about the players who didn’t contribute
You can’t get away with that in September

I guess they were missing the likes of Martin, Fisher, Marchbank, Curnow, De Koning, Newman and McGovern...

Or are they our senior players who didn't contribute?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:24 pm 
Geoff Southby

Kouta wrote:
keogh wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
We won by more than 7 goals.
You'd never know reading some of the shit in this thread.

It’s not shit
So we won by 7 goals
Against an average team savaged by injury far more than us
What about the players who didn’t contribute
You can’t get away with that in September

I guess they were missing the likes of Martin, Fisher, Marchbank, Curnow, De Koning, Newman and McGovern...

Or are they our senior players who didn't contribute?

DeKoning
Fisher
Curnow
Yes fair enough
Newman average
Marchbank another SOS love child
Martin peaheart
Mc Govern :razz:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:27 am 
Rod Ashman

keogh wrote:
dannyboy wrote:
not shit

not sure why he was dropped, but I'm guessing those that dropped him had other views - like he may not have played the role they asked etc.

As for the rest of what you are saying - its like conspiracy theories really - keep an open mind about the possibility of anything but anything that leads to a closing of the mind - beware.

We have done lots wrong and are not yet the club I would like them to be and I may be totally wrong and we are a lot closer than I think...only time, evidence and an open mind will tell (call it the 'don't get rid of Hardwick too soon' theory)..

Well if he didn’t play his role that day there were 20 players who not only “ didn’t play their role” but did @#$%&! all.
Music life generally
Did a Kevin Spacey ( no not that ) and quit my teaching job because in my view the system was broken because nobody gave a @#$%&! anymore and nobody was questioning things thinking independently and critically thinking in general. Did other jobs that opened my mind to other worlds
35 years ago the only car in a schools car park at 4.00 pm on a Friday was the cleaner.
Now it’s loaded at 5.00 on a Friday with teachers putting ridiculous numbers in ridiculous boxes on their computer that somehow shows a kid to be at this reading level. And the people above them meet their K.P.Is.
And nobody asked questions like why or this is bullshit and I should be home with my family or sucking on a few coldies down the pub

All I got out of that is that you changed career because you didn't want to do extra work and how dare they ask you to work past 3pm on top of the 12 weeks a year holiday you were getting. The way you phrase and frame your arguments don't paint you as a critical thinker ... more like someone who is lazy and drinking their own bathwater.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:09 am 
Geoff Southby

showbag wrote:
keogh wrote:
dannyboy wrote:
not shit

Music life generally

All I got out of that is that you changed career because you didn't want to do extra work and how dare they ask you to work past 3pm on top of the 12 weeks a year holiday you were getting. The way you phrase and frame your arguments don't paint you as a critical thinker ... more like someone who is lazy and drinking their own bathwater.

Maybe you don’t get the point I was making
Generally it is my opinion that people question things less these days which is not a good thing for society
In relation to the latter stages of my teaching career I was working around 50 hours a week doing around 80% of what I was supposed to be doing much of it to appease other workers careers not to benefit the kids.

When I quit I got my long service leave I had accumulated as a one off payment and it was calculated based on a 7.6 hour day
A 38 hour week
I my friend was being scary in the backside
You sound like someone that doesn’t look to deeply at things

Last edited by keogh on Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:15 am 
Geoff Southby

So I’ll continue to question what goes on at the CFC until I see progress from my point of view
As DB said we agree to disagree.
Eg if Murphy gets a game and the club wants to win a flag in what is it 2 or 3 years to meet their K.P.Is then I’ll ask questions

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:34 am 
Banned

Celebrate Wins - Learn from Losses.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:46 am 
Ken Hunter

Keogh, there is a difference between skepticism and denialism - Those that stormed the Capital in USA would proclaim themselves skeptics - in fact they are denialists. The denialist often makes this mistake. I am confident all my family and friends would say I have a healthy sketicism for everything - including this club, that does not prevent me from seeing the good things nor for hoping for better things.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:52 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Imagine teacher keogh.

"Just give up kids, it's not going to happen."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:03 am 
Geoff Southby

dannyboy wrote:
Keogh, there is a difference between skepticism and denialism - Those that stormed the Capital in USA would proclaim themselves skeptics - in fact they are denialists. The denialist often makes this mistake. I am confident all my family and friends would say I have a healthy sketicism for everything - including this club, that does not prevent me from seeing the good things nor for hoping for better things.

I see some good things and some bad things
The people who stormed the capital were morons
I don’t classify myself as in denial
I simply don’t get carried away with one win by 7 goals
Having watched Dow Setterfield O’Brien Kennedy Plowman
I’m questioning the reason you would pay all this money on 4 blokes over 4 5 6 years and that’s going to get it done in that 2, 3 year period the club has benchmarked
I’m questioning it
Questioning things doesn’t happen enough in society
As I said before
In the last 20 years Carlton has
Won 5 wooden spoons
Finished bottom 6 on 13 occasions
Made finals 4 times one a token because Essendon* took drugs
Never made a preliminary final and only got close once
In an increasing era of equalization of the AFL

And some people have been on the board for over a decade are still there

If that isn’t a cause for being a skeptic I don’t know what is
And you be in denial about the record

Last edited by keogh on Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:05 am 
Geoff Southby

dane wrote:
Imagine teacher keogh.

"Just give up kids, it's not going to happen."

Absolutely I would if it isn’t for you
No point hanging around an environment that’s not for you

Go and do something more meaningful though
Because life is short

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:25 pm 
Ken Hunter

no denial, its a shit record. Denial isnt that you can't see something, its that seeing it doesn't change your opinion because its set. I feel your opinions are set - Williams, Setterfield are two examples. I worry about Setters on the wing, I also know he has played some excellent games and I am happy to be proven wrong. Williams...it's just far too early to tell (though early signs are fantastic - which you deny looking at/taking into account - is your mind set?) and again - for the third and last time - we do not know exactly what money they are on (individual) and about why they are on that money (the entire list) but you deny these factors because they do not fit into your world view - hence denialism.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:04 pm 
Geoff Southby

dannyboy wrote:
no denial, its a shit record. Denial isnt that you can't see something, its that seeing it doesn't change your opinion because its set. I feel your opinions are set - Williams, Setterfield are two examples. I worry about Setters on the wing, I also know he has played some excellent games and I am happy to be proven wrong. Williams...it's just far too early to tell (though early signs are fantastic - which you deny looking at/taking into account - is your mind set?) and again - for the third and last time - we do not know exactly what money they are on (individual) and about why they are on that money (the entire list) but you deny these factors because they do not fit into your world view - hence denialism.

I don’t think I am set in my ways
And I think you and others are ignoring things.
Setterfield is a similar player Nick Graham
One gets a long term contract
One gets the arse after getting 28 possessions in a 109 point loss
From what I see Graham’s output was more than Setterfield is producing
Setterfield can only be effective as an inside mid because he lacks pace
When Cripps and Curnow have had downers he invariably hasn’t stepped up
To fill the void
Williams is talented
Your correct
We don’t know exactly how much he is on but we do know it’s way overs because there is no denying how free agency works without giving up
Draft picks
I was optimistic at the start of 2016 when our President said “ we have listened to our supporters and there will be no more quick fixes”
3 years later where clearly SOS may have wasted some top picks on midfielders who were looking pretty shit he goes out and wastes three good picks, Shane McAdam and Nathan Kreuger ( he will debut for the cats bar injury this year)
On Setterfield and the ultimate cameo player McGovern

Looking back nearly three years the club was full of shit and was drinking it’s own bath water
That’s unless Setterfield steps up as an inside mid
McGovern pulls his finger out all together
All this is factual info, my opinions
Notice the second last sentence
I ain’t set in my ways

You and I and everyone in the universe can battle it out on all these deep and meaningfuls but at the end of the day it comes around to results on the field
Giving the last 20 years I dare say my thoughts and opinions have been fairly accurate
Hopefully things are about to change

Last edited by keogh on Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:15 pm 
Geoff Southby

Oh and one other thing
Can anyone justify Marc Murphy’s place in the team for Saturday night
Because I can’t
The 2 pathetic short step efforts on the wing in the third quarter to protect his shoulder
This from our most experienced player other than Betts
Surely it doesn’t reflect well on the team or do I just think the club is clueless about everything or I am so set in my ways.
Matthew Owies deserves a decent crack at it

Surely the club that is Carlton would not be putting individuals first before the club itself to get a loyal servant to 300 games
Surely not

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:05 pm 
Ken Hunter

If you reads my and others posts you'll there are differences re Murph, and that's a good thing.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:23 pm 
Geoff Southby

Walsh wrote:
Celebrate Wins - Learn from Losses.

We need to learn from wins too.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7