Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:18 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:19 pm 
John Nicholls

keogh wrote:
I said I wouldn’t post again but I can’t help myself.
Let’s be honest
If Murphy
Casboult
Setterfield
Plowman
Williamson and Dow play next week this club has officially lost the plot. Well actually it lost the plot a long time ago
At least make the players accountable for shit performances
Owies
Carroll
Cottrell
McDonald
Parks
Stocker come in
If Mc Govern is fit play him in the twos
He shouldn’t be gifted games based on reputation and a $700000 a year contract

While I am on a roll Martin has a cameo in the first half . Where was he in the second half. Unsighted. So @#$%&! overrated
I said it last year before I went away
The board is ultimately responsible for how a club functions on a field. They are outdated out of touch and simply relics from a bygone era and this is where the problem lays and we will never be a successful side until these people are held accountable and piss off
The six guys I mentioned that should come in have played well enough in the reserves practice games to warrant selection
The six guys who I want dropped simply have failed the test in the last fortnight
What will probably happen
IN McGovern, Betts
OUT Casboult, Williamson
McDonald to twiddle his thumbs again as the sub

5 spoons
13 bottom 6 finishes
4 finals one a token
No preliminary finals
In short
20 years of shit
6 years into a rebuild 10 years after our last finals appearance we serve up that crap against mediocre opposition
This all during a period of equalization
The one constant
LoGiudice
Mathieson
Pratt
Don’t worry folks
The club well get Smurph to his 300 then he will be chaired of the ground with a guard of honour to boot
When we should have retired him 3 years earlier

Don’t worry posters
I won’t frequent these parts too much
I do read some stuff on here and have a chuckle . Some posters are simply out of touch with what it takes to be a successful club in 2021
Bit like the board of directors of the Carlton Football Club

Tend to agree with everything you've posted. :clap:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:20 pm 
Harry Vallence

billc3 wrote:
His mark of the night... Yep.. After he'd been ignored,.. went into the 50 in a, huge outnumber and it was coming out.. to the wing, where he was free to run for the speccy....

Haven't seen the free, but hope it was a solid one....

Even Pies supporters around us were saying you can't NOT PAY marks like that.... Whatever happened wouldn't have stopped that grab!

Go Blues
Dont watch it... it will make you mad!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:44 pm 
Ken Hands

We have not improved at all.
We will not win this week. Watch Freo take us to the cleaners.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:54 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

GMCbris wrote:
billc3 wrote:
His mark of the night... Yep.. After he'd been ignored,.. went into the 50 in a, huge outnumber and it was coming out.. to the wing, where he was free to run for the speccy....

Haven't seen the free, but hope it was a solid one....

Even Pies supporters around us were saying you can't NOT PAY marks like that.... Whatever happened wouldn't have stopped that grab!

Go Blues
Dont watch it... it will make you mad!
Thanks for the heads up....

At least we have the ability to watch live
I always trust what I see live, rather than stupid slow mo replays.... You have to consider what's going on in the game... I wish the umpires would too!

Go Blues

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:37 pm 
Harry Vallence

robertbb wrote:
keogh wrote:
I said I wouldn’t post again but I can’t help myself.
Let’s be honest
If Murphy
Casboult
Setterfield
Plowman
Williamson and Dow play next week this club has officially lost the plot. Well actually it lost the plot a long time ago
At least make the players accountable for shit performances
Owies
Carroll
Cottrell
McDonald
Parks
Stocker come in
If Mc Govern is fit play him in the twos
He shouldn’t be gifted games based on reputation and a $700000 a year contract

While I am on a roll Martin has a cameo in the first half . Where was he in the second half. Unsighted. So @#$%&! overrated
I said it last year before I went away
The board is ultimately responsible for how a club functions on a field. They are outdated out of touch and simply relics from a bygone era and this is where the problem lays and we will never be a successful side until these people are held accountable and piss off
The six guys I mentioned that should come in have played well enough in the reserves practice games to warrant selection
The six guys who I want dropped simply have failed the test in the last fortnight
What will probably happen
IN McGovern, Betts
OUT Casboult, Williamson
McDonald to twiddle his thumbs again as the sub

5 spoons
13 bottom 6 finishes
4 finals one a token
No preliminary finals
In short
20 years of shit
6 years into a rebuild 10 years after our last finals appearance we serve up that crap against mediocre opposition
This all during a period of equalization
The one constant
LoGiudice
Mathieson
Pratt
Don’t worry folks
The club well get Smurph to his 300 then he will be chaired of the ground with a guard of honour to boot
When we should have retired him 3 years earlier

Don’t worry posters
I won’t frequent these parts too much
I do read some stuff on here and have a chuckle . Some posters are simply out of touch with what it takes to be a successful club in 2021
Bit like the board of directors of the Carlton Football Club

Tend to agree with everything you've posted. :clap:

It was Bad enough of our losing culture last year , watching Murphy and simmo carrying off Gibbs !!

If Murphy plays next week, this club is well and truly gone !! And this will be another wasted year of waiting for Murphy to get to 300 ...

Another stand still year without moving forward

Thank you Carlton for being the st kilda of the 80’s

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:16 pm 
Craig Bradley

7News says Cripps is playing with back awareness and groin injury.

Pretty honest feedback at the meeting today. New blokes, who have come from different cultures had plenty to say.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:18 pm 
Geoff Southby

We went in as underdogs against the Tiges and Pies so its no surprise we got beat.Played some good footy in patches...............in our next two matches against Freo and Goldie we are expected to win and should................SO,its a bit premature to be writing the season off for mine...............but i do agree certain aspects are concerning...............but for mine i will cut 'em a bit more slack.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:13 pm 
Robert Walls

jim wrote:
jake_h03 wrote:
Hate to say it, cause I like him, but Teague is no good. Way too loose, way to easy for the opponent to score. It’s been a consistent theme now for a long time. I hope I’m wrong but I feel we’re going nowhere with him at the wheel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Hasn't matters who we've had at the wheel. Issues are deeper than coaching. He's has a long haul ahead to change the culture. All the class you bring in changes nothing unless that culture is changed. That can take forever. Sadly he's been a better coaching performer here than anyone bar Ratten since Parko.

Need a player to stand up and say enough is enough. Much like Chapman did at Geelong in 2007, when they were 2-3 and coming off a poor 2006. He stood up and gave it to them and they have never looked back.

You wanna make a statement...you drop Plowman for his embarrasing effort and the optics of laughing it off after the game. He may be the first player to be dropped for that but you have to draw the line on standards somewhere...and carrying on like you're at a pub with mates enjoying a drink while supporters around the country have had their weekend ruined will not be tolerated

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:19 pm 
Craig Bradley

99prelim wrote:
jim wrote:
jake_h03 wrote:
Hate to say it, cause I like him, but Teague is no good. Way too loose, way to easy for the opponent to score. It’s been a consistent theme now for a long time. I hope I’m wrong but I feel we’re going nowhere with him at the wheel

Hasn't matters who we've had at the wheel. Issues are deeper than coaching. He's has a long haul ahead to change the culture. All the class you bring in changes nothing unless that culture is changed. That can take forever. Sadly he's been a better coaching performer here than anyone bar Ratten since Parko.

Need a player to stand up and say enough is enough. Much like Chapman did at Geelong in 2007, when they were 2-3 and coming off a poor 2006. He stood up and gave it to them and they have never looked back.

You wanna make a statement...you drop Plowman for his embarrasing effort and the optics of laughing it off after the game. He may be the first player to be dropped for that but you have to draw the line on standards somewhere...and carrying on like you're at a pub with mates enjoying a drink while supporters around the country have had their weekend ruined will not be tolerated

Not worried about the optics. Every player is the same these days, win or lose. They still hurt. Without a context we don't know. Collingwood bloke might have let go a loud fart for all we know. It's just a snapshot in time without context. People smile at wakes after funerals. You can still smile and hurt. It's football, not life.

Need a rest though after his performances.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:31 pm 
Robert Walls

jim wrote:
99prelim wrote:
jim wrote:
jake_h03 wrote:

Not worried about the optics. Every player is the same these days, win or lose. They still hurt. Without a context we don't know. Collingwood bloke might have let go a loud fart for all we know. It's just a snapshot in time without context. People smile at wakes after funerals. You can still smile and hurt. It's football, not life.

Sometimes you just make a statement. It's not always based on a rational decision or precedence. Plow needs at least a week in the ressies to reflect on the emotions of the clients he is serving and the poor look it created

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:53 pm 
Rod Ashman

99prelim wrote:
jim wrote:
99prelim wrote:
jim wrote:
jake_h03 wrote:

Sometimes you just make a statement. It's not always based on a rational decision or precedence. Plow needs at least a week in the ressies to reflect on the emotions of the clients he is serving and the poor look it created

You don’t make a statement by making an irrational decision to drop a player. If that’s your statement, the playing group aren’t likely to hear the message you’re aiming for.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:29 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

aboynamedsue wrote:
We were too easy to score against in the 1st quarter and then we struggled to score when we were up and going in the 3rd quarter.

Laying the blame on individuals is a bit too easy. The whole team hasn’t gelled yet.

In the most part, the effort has been OK. We looked good in the periods (eg 3rd quarter) where we rolled up our sleeves and got our knees dirty - but we lack the synergy and connection between our line areas, as well as composure at key moments, that the good teams have. Richmond & Collingwood have won finals in recent years for a reason.

I haven’t lost hope we will get there, but there’s no doubt that we have a lot of work to do still.

On a positive note, it was good to get through a week with no new injuries. We desperately need our guys to build continuity so it’s vital that they stay on the park.

Great post.

There's plenty of room and time for improvement to get us a spot in the finals.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:33 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

cortez wrote:
Navy Blue Horse wrote:
david31 wrote:
There seems to be a disconnect between coach (or at least what the coach says) and the players.
The coach says we want to play the game in our forward half by getting it in quickly and then squeezing up the ground so the opposition can’t get the ball out of our half.
The problem is to play that way you need to (a) win the clearances to get it forward and (b) put on significant pressure to keep the ball in.
We aren’t doing either at the moment. The pressure was abysmal and when combined with our players squeezing up the ground, results in the opposition getting fast breaks into an open forward line that we can’t defend.
It beggars belief then why we continue to pick players that are conditional and not willing to tackle and pressure.
Until the midfield actually stand up and we find players willing to pressure. I fear we’re in for some massive scores against.

That's exactly how we paid for the bulk of the 3rd qtr, unfortunately bombed too many too close to the goal line instead of the hotspot

In the third quarter I was yelling at the telly "for christ sake open up the forward line, lead up the ground, give the player with the ball options to kick to". I wonder if it is a lack of confidence. "If I lead out and screw up I'll be lambasted. I'll just sit back here deep in attack, I might pick up an easy kick or two off the pack."

You didn't scream out loud enough.

You were right though.

From people who were at the ground, it was said the Pies closed our forwardline up whereas against the Tigers they allowed us to play in space. We didn't adjust or were flat footed.

Whose the forwards coach? Ask him what he's telling them to do.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:40 pm 
Robert Walls

you don’t make a statement by making an irrational decision to drop a player. If that’s your statement, the playing group aren’t likely to hear the message you’re aiming for

That's what 'making a statement' means...saying enough is enough and that 'too bad so sad' that player X was the scapegoat or the first to bear the wrath of a stricter enforcement of rule/behaviour etc

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:10 pm 
Craig Bradley

Pros:

Harry playing like a number one forward, willing to take set shot chances. Great for his confidence to see him kick a 'mini' bag.
Gibbo, Martin and Fisher all looked dangerous. But they simply have to lay more tackles.
Williams and Saad are going to be fantastic pick ups. Fogarty looking very, very promising as well.
Weiters again. Walsh's 2nd half.
Thought SPS had a good impact.

Cons:

I'm well and truly sick of starting seasons 0-2/3. We finish outside the finals and get extra time to prepare, but we never seem quite prepared. Injury-wise. Intensity-wise. Tactics.
Teague’s got to take responsibility. For a season and a half we haven’t been able to stop the opposition scoring when we haven’t got the ball. We don’t tackle. We can’t stop uncontested marks. We never seem to outnumber the opposition in their forward 50 (unlike every other side). And all this despite having 2 of the competition’s best one-on-one defenders (in Jones and Weitering). We look good when we’ve got the ball, but we’re not playing sustainable AFL footy.
We've also got one of the best taggers in the game, but Teague refuses to start games with Ed shutting down the most dangerous opposition midfielder. In fact the plan this year seems to be to play our 2 best defensive midfielders (Ed and Setterfield) out in space on the wings.
Seemed to have a lot of players going to the ground. Harry and Cripps the worst offenders.
Plowman got torched.
Martin beat us last week. De Goey this week. Does that mean it'll be Fyfe next week?
Too many players again not contributing enough: Casboult, Murphy, Setterfield, Dow, Newnes, Cripps.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:23 pm 
Craig Bradley

Sydney Blue wrote:
No one this year will kick more Goals on Moore than Harry did tonight

Agreed. Certainly far from a perfect game from Harry, but he's one of the competition's genuinely dangerous tall forwards. And he's just beginning to believe that.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:39 pm 
Craig Bradley

club29 wrote:
I would love to see us dominate when it is our turn by swarming and controlling play between the arcs. Forcing turnovers between the arcs and moving it forward from there with speed and precision with space ahead of us. I think we have the wrong gameplan or need to add some more modes to it. Teague is happy to stick with it and sees it as our brand. He thinks we just have to do it better and for longer. I hope he right.

Yeah, I'm not sure we've got the ground level speed in our forward line to play the forward press. We simply don't lay enough tackles, and then opposition teams slice it through our open backline.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:59 pm 
Harry Vallence

Navy Blue Horse wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Navy Blue Horse wrote:
I think Dow is worth persisting with, but he needs to impose himself on the game more.

Late in the game, think we were 3 goals down, before their final goal. We've got the ball on HBF-wing, Southern side of ground. Dow is inside the centre square just above our CHF, reckon 40m from the kicker. Nobody within at least 20 metres of him. Didn't call for it once, jogged to a contest instead. Needs to want it.

He should be dropped for this, coz he has done that in the 2 praccy games and 2 H&A games so far this season. In other words he does this every week. If he's not fit enough to create opportunity or demand the ball, he should get fitter elsewhere, not on the big stage. IMO, he's not strong enough, nor fit enough for this level...and all the talk that his running has stepped up another level over the summer is crap, or he's not able to read the game, and if that's so, doesn't belong.

I don't think it's fitness, he was already in space. He didn't appear to WANT the ball.

Dow will win the 2021 N B Timid Self Preservation award. Murphy will be runner up.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:57 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

'Coaches votes' says a lot about what Teague thought of our performance, me thinks...

Go Blues!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:59 pm 
Craig Bradley

1-5 sitting second last... hurts even more that they beat us so comfortably

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next