Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:19 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 279 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:12 pm 
Bruce Doull

Effes wrote:
Jon Ralph
@RalphyHeraldSun

I understand Hunter Clark had a concussion test post-match after his hit by Zach Williams. He passed the SCAT test but almost certainly its enough to elevate the force. Looks likely to miss Round 1 against Tigers.
The look of the hit, the reality he jumped off the ground and the fact it was forceful enough to require a concussion test (which he passed) all cumulatively add up to what is likely to be medium impact and a week’s suspension

Jon Ralph is a Richmond supporter yeah?

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:25 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Media baying for blood already. Dumb by Williams. And what's the go with the MRO now... wait until he can weigh up what every dipshit with a microphone has to say before making a decision? FFS... what are we waiting for?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:33 pm 
Ken Hunter

Walsh wrote:
bluedog wrote:
I wasn't able to watch the game.

Any unbiased report on Plowman's game would be appreciated.

Not sure what you're looking for as Plow is a popular player on this board but I think he did his stopper job well. Killed almost everything in the air - was never loose on his opponents but always plays on zippy players like Higgins. When he got the ball hit his targets... he is what he is a non flashy stopper.

Many thanks.

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:56 pm 
Harry Vallence

sticksaftersiren87 wrote:
For Round 1
Back 7 Locked in, Weitering, Jones, Plowman, Docherty, SPS, Saad, Willo
Mids/Ruck 8 Locked in: Pitto, Cripps, Williams, Ed, Walsh, Dow, Setters, Newnes (if fit)
Forwards 6 locked in: McKay (assume fit), Fish, Murphy, Martin, Levi/Oscar (as ruck/2nd tall fwd), JSOS

Cusp - One or Two of Betts, Gov, Fogarty, O'Brien, Cunningham, Gibbons

Agreed.

Think we've got the list depth to be conservative with Levi, Gibbo, Betts and McGovern.

Cuningham gets the final spot. LOB if Williams gets a week.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:18 pm 
Rod Ashman

Effes wrote:
Jon Ralph
@RalphyHeraldSun

I understand Hunter Clark had a concussion test post-match after his hit by Zach Williams. He passed the SCAT test but almost certainly its enough to elevate the force. Looks likely to miss Round 1 against Tigers.
The look of the hit, the reality he jumped off the ground and the fact it was forceful enough to require a concussion test (which he passed) all cumulatively add up to what is likely to be medium impact and a week’s suspension

Saints should be fined for not having him sit the test immediately after the hit.
Why didn't the knob make that the focal point of his statement. :confused:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:08 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

grrofunger wrote:
Effes wrote:
Jon Ralph
@RalphyHeraldSun

Yep

and he passed the concussion test, played out the rest of the game and was one of their best = LOW impact

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:11 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

redback wrote:
Effes wrote:
Jon Ralph
@RalphyHeraldSun

Saints should be fined for not having him sit the test immediately after the hit.
Why didn't the knob make that the focal point of his statement. :confused:

:clap:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:27 am 
Rod Ashman

I want the Teague, the whole Teague, and nothing but the Teague :smoking:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:06 pm 
Wayne Johnston

bondiblue wrote:
grrofunger wrote:
Effes wrote:
Jon Ralph
@RalphyHeraldSun

Yep

and he passed the concussion test, played out the rest of the game and was one of their best = LOW impact

He will still cop a week

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:11 pm 
Geoff Southby

Barely got off the ground with little force and elbow tucked in...............talk about dramatise.Robbo at his biased best.Why doesn't he apply the blowtorch to his Bomber mates...........scandalous what they have done,like nothing in footy before.A systematic doping program and that hypocrite of hypocrite's Robbo has still not followed it up cause he might upset his mates.More worried a bout a half hearted semi hip and shoulder.................How the faaark does he keep his job ?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:30 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Mickstar wrote:
Barely got off the ground with little force and elbow tucked in...............talk about dramatise.Robbo at his biased best.Why doesn't he apply the blowtorch to his Bomber mates...........scandalous what they have done,like nothing in footy before.A systematic doping program and that hypocrite of hypocrite's Robbo has still not followed it up cause he might upset his mates.More worried a bout a half hearted semi hip and shoulder.................How the faaark does he keep his job ?

Beautiful Mick

If you look back at the HS every day over the last 4 months, straight after the walk out of the 4 players, call for the board to dissolve etc etc nearly every day there's a puff piece on the Druggies and you will see Red and Black nearly every day, whether its a story about kids footy or a country footy team. Its off. How does Robbo get away with it?

I don't buy the rag, but I see it everyday. I wouldn't pay a cent to read Robbo's view. He stuffs up the supporters viewing of the game...which consists of 17 other teams.

Something is really wrong here at the HS. Someone is in his pocket or he has been told to STFU with the reporting of bad things with the Drug cheats.

He's no journo. He's a puppet for the Drug cheats.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:18 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Tom Browne
@TomBrowne7
Silvagni’s tackle on Sinclair is an a early test case for the MRO. Sinclair was fine, and I personally don’t think it’s worth a week. But some strong indications the mro has looked at it. We’ll find out this afternoon

https://twitter.com/TomBrowne7/status/1 ... 6234742789

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:04 pm 
Ken Hunter

Now it’s SoS ..... hmmmm

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:09 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

I thought he was stiff to give away a free kick. MRO? That would be laughable.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:43 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Effes wrote:
Tom Browne
@TomBrowne7
Silvagni’s tackle on Sinclair is an a early test case for the MRO. Sinclair was fine, and I personally don’t think it’s worth a week. But some strong indications the mro has looked at it. We’ll find out this afternoon

FMD

Unless there's a strike with a clenched fist (coz open hands don't mean a thing) or elbow, or kick or spit or a bite, the MRO should just look at the injured, then narrow it down to head knocks, then determine if they missed time during game because of this injury opr played on.

The reason the MRO couldnt suspend players for not causing injury is because all the close ones, that didn't injured would have more than a dozen players rubbed out every week.

If the SOS tackle or the Williams tap sets a precedent, players are going to be fearful to play the game the same as they have, then its all over red rover. The game becomes netball, and we have lost our game.

SPS had a head knock...I bet it isn't even looked at.

I expect warnings today. That's it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:35 pm 
Rod Ashman

Effes wrote:
Tom Browne
@TomBrowne7

Fmd what have we become :yikes: :cry:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:39 pm 
John James

bondiblue wrote:
Effes wrote:
Tom Browne
@TomBrowne7

FMD

Unless there's a strike with a clenched fist (coz open hands don't mean a thing) or elbow, or kick or spit or a bite, the MRO should just look at the injured, then narrow it down to head knocks, then determine if they missed time during game because of this injury opr played on.

The reason the MRO couldnt suspend players for not causing injury is because all the close ones, that didn't injured would have more than a dozen players rubbed out every week.

If the SOS tackle or the Williams tap sets a precedent, players are going to be fearful to play the game the same as they have, then its all over red rover. The game becomes netball, and we have lost our game.

I hope you are right.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:41 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Riley Beveridge
@RileyBev
·
9s
Zac Williams handed a one-match ban by the Match Review. Will have to wait for his Carlton debut. @AFLcomau

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:01 pm 
Bruce Doull

bondiblue wrote:

SPS caught a raised elbow to the head from a Higgins tackle. Wasn't that dissimilar to the Williams one, but because he kept his feet it was ignored

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 279 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14