Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:54 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:59 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Went along to the Women of Carlton season starter on Monday night. It was held at the swanky dealership of our new sponsor Suburu, in the Docklands precinct.

Accompanied by my fellow moderator 'chief', we were anticipating a night of fascinating football titbits....well, ok...we just wanted to have a close-up squiz at some of our players, eat some lovely cocktail food, and have sip of a crisp chardonnay...or two. :P

Arrived to be greeted by the effervescant Mandy Hunter. She always has a smile and a laugh, and she does an excellent job of organising these nights. Thanks Mandy!

With a band playing some light jazz, a chardy in hand, we settled down for the evening. Received a bag of goodies, full of girly stuff, then walked past a merchandise table, and had to purchase the Wiz Cup DVD. Can't wait to have a look at that.

Sam and Tim Lane were our MCs for the night, and a very smooth job they did. A lovely schmooze job to the sponsors should have them very happy indeed. They introduced the two players sponsored by the Women in Carlton - Glen Bowyer and Cory McGrath.

Top blokes. Really friendly and lots of fun. Cory says he still has friends over at Essendon*. He will be having dinner over at Damien Peverill's house this week, and he has already warned Pev's mum that any food poisoning will get blamed on her, so hopefully he is safe for R1.

For anyone wondering what the large tattoo on the inside of Bowyer's arm is about, according to him it is a recipe for chicken Noodle Soup he picked up in Vietnam!

Also present were club legends Wayne Johnston, David McKay and Peter Dean. Johnno was interviewed about his work with the TAC cup boys. His enthusiasm is inspiring, and any kids lucky enough to come into contact with him would surely benefit from the experience.

Peter Dean talked about working with the Northern Bullants. He was pretty happy with the kids we have coming up. He mentioned what a big loss Thornton will be to the team in the early rounds. Then came the statement..."In my opinion, Brett Thornton will be one of the best CHBs EVER!" :shock: :D

The raffle was interesting...first prize was 2 tickets and special seating for the last OO game...unfortunately there were 2 winners! Gotta check the raffle tickets before you hand them out! :oops:

Despite that little hiccup, it was a fun night, and highly recommended. Get along to the next one girls. (Actually the blokes are made very welcome as well)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:19 pm 
Ken Hunter

Thanks Mrs C.

Any Photos?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:50 pm 
Ken Hands

No photos, I forgot my camera :oops: