Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:24 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 3:44 pm 
Horrie Clover

Just got back from the family day, kids enjoyed themsleves and overall it was okay except when some Bozo yelled at my mum to sit down prior to the jumper presentation. There are some real morons around and this bloke was one of them, I hope he reads this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 5:12 pm 
Garry Crane

I got in for free :D

It was a good day and Eddie Betts and Fev are both top blokes. Eddie even let me look at his phone and his screen saver was some topless chick :lol:

I got there a bit late though, so i didn't get to see that much but @#$%&! there were a lot of people at the membership stand.

We would've gotten atleast 1000 members from today.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 7:30 pm 
Rod Ashman

Id like some accurate figures on memberships. There were a couple of hundred there even at 3pm.

Players very accommodating.

Fev was beseiged. Couldnt get onto him at 2.40pm, hed gone for some lunch.

Dont blame the guy. Hope he doesnt get RSI from signing so many autographs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 8:10 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Phoenix wrote:
Just got back from the family day, kids enjoyed themsleves and overall it was okay except when some Bozo yelled at my mum to sit down prior to the jumper presentation. There are some real morons around and this bloke was one of them, I hope he reads this.

Sort of the same problem but other way around. I was off getting some food while I left the preggo wife and 3yo who were sitting down just left of the stage. Just before the players came out people started standing in front and almost on top of them. The wife started getting knees in the back before she got out of there. By the time I got back she pretty upset. I guess you can understand why people who sit down in front get pissed off when people stand in front of them.

Anyway great day, Fev was very popular...
Membership stands queues were long, but I think the queue was for Kouta who was inside there.
Eddie was another crowd favorite....
Couple of photos with the wiz cup which I'm about to send to my WCE mate in Perth.. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 10:11 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Sensational Day - the $5 charge did raise eyebrows amongst some people here on TC - but I reckon most people put their hands in their pockets for the "Its my club Its Personal Day" after Black Friday 2002 - so I dont see the reason for the complaints, the club is not out of the woods financially yet.

The charge certainly did not affect attendance as I reckon there was at least 5000 people there.

Players were very accomodating and SOS even took time out from his assistant coaches role at "The Filth" to be there and sign autographs.

My nephew presented a player guernsey so it was an extra special day. 8) :wink:

Winston Churchill

Last edited by AGRO on Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 3:01 am 
Trevor Keogh

Some of us who live overseas crave to be at events like this. Fair dinkum the Club has a cash crises and everyone is jumping up and down about a $5 cover when it appears the Club went all out to ensure a good time was had by all. You pay more than $5 to use citylink or to park at the airport for an hour. I would ask people keep a perspective before they start calling the Club we love a disgrace.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:09 am 
Robert Walls

I took young Jack (21 months) along at 11 and he'd burned out by 1.00pm. But had a great time giving the little's jumping castle buggery.

He also like chasing the chooks and the goats. He had a long chat with Adam Hartlett, well, at least his dad did and found the young man to be very switched on and keen to learn, build his body and strength and skill levels.
He's pretty impressive size for 18 and is rapt to be at the Blues, with mate Jordan Russell and the strong history of SA draft picks.

I asked him about Sean Rusling, the kid the pies have got big wraps on, who played in West Adelaide with him, and he said he was shit. True Blue already. Gotta love that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:34 am 
Ken Hunter

Wild Blue Yonder wrote:
I asked him about Sean Rusling, the kid the pies have got big wraps on, who played in West Adelaide with him, and he said he was shit. True Blue already. Gotta love that.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Figures.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:12 am 
Bruce Comben

The Black Scorpion enjoyed his time on the rock climbing challenge, and also found the fairy floss to be top notch, despite my efforts to have it renamed "Exceptionally EVIL Floss".

The Black Scorpion got his photo taken with Wiggo. All is well in the world of evil.

Well, no not really, they wouldn't let me in the animal enclosure more than once ahead of the kids. That attendant copped a scalpel to his bowels in the car park afterwards and with good reason.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:24 am 
Ken Hunter

The Black Scorpion wrote:
Well, no not really, they wouldn't let me in the animal enclosure more than once ahead of the kids. That attendant copped a scalpel to his bowels in the car park afterwards and with good reason.

Please pick up the tone of your posts.

This sort of drivel is not welcome.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:18 pm 
Rod McGregor

fjanyc wrote:
Fair dinkum the Club has a cash crises and everyone is jumping up and down about a $5 cover when it appears the Club went all out to ensure a good time was had by all. You pay more than $5 to use citylink or to park at the airport for an hour. I would ask people keep a perspective before they start calling the Club we love a disgrace.

Frank, I love the club. Having spent many years living in Sydney I have some understanding of the special frustration of being a long distance supporter with limited opportunity to attend club functions.

I still reckon the decision to charge admission was a disgrace. Clearly I am not grumbling about the $5 itself, I have donated plenty more than that since Black Friday and have been a member for decades. My gripe is that the club insisted on it on a day that was supposed to be about encouraging membership and merchandise sales and some sort of enduring affinity with the club. Its a bit rich in my book to ask people to part with hundreds of bucks for these things and then hit us for more for the privilige of doing so. To me it smacks of the difference between treating people as members or customers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 2:17 pm 
John Nicholls

I had a great day.
As always the sun had draped itself across the hallowed turf of Optus Oval and was looking an absolute picture.

Got some good pics that I will get around to get Chucky to put up for me as well as the Jumper Presentation night pics.
Felt good knowing that the players I sat with and spoke to during the GP night remembered my name and who I was.
Its these little things that make you feel that bit special about being part of the club.
For example, Anthony Raso.
Myself and Cammo walked over to him whilst he had a few supporters around him asking for autographs and pics.
Noticed I was standing there and said "G'day John, I'll be with you in a second, mate"
This bloke is all class.

Myself and Cammo have come to the conclusion that Luke Blackwell is the new Stephen Kernahan. He doesn't have a long, flowing mullet, he isn't a key position forward and he doesn't have a flag yet. No, it's because of the way he speaks like Sticks. For a bloke who looks about 12, he has the deepest voice I have ever heard.

Got my membership all sorted out.
Went with the Socail 17 this year and was able to get my membership card on the day I re-signed.
Now that's service!

Also picked up an old Carlton jumper for $50.
They had all sorts of numbers in there such as 52, 66, 50 etc
I'm guessing they were the old VFL jumpers as the VFL logo is evident on the left breast.
Settled on a long sleeve #19 guernsey.
Don't know what it is but I have an obsession with long sleeve guernseys.

Great day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 4:00 pm 
Rod Ashman

phoenix johnson wrote:
Also picked up an old Carlton jumper for $50.
They had all sorts of numbers in there such as 52, 66, 50 etc
I'm guessing they were the old VFL jumpers as the VFL logo is evident on the left breast.
Settled on a long sleeve #19 guernsey.
Don't know what it is but I have an obsession with long sleeve guernseys.

Great day.

Carlton garage sale - put my name down for a locker door

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 4:01 pm 
Rod McGregor

i went with Mr and Mrs Shhh and their 2 yo.
It was an enjoyable day and i had a good chat with Libba.
I felt sorry for Plemming, Clarke and Bowyer as no one was around them compared to everyone else.
I also had to leave just b4 the presentation of the jumpers :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 4:42 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

pj_canus wrote:
Its a bit rich in my book to ask people to part with hundreds of bucks for these things and then hit us for more for the privilige of doing so. To me it smacks of the difference between treating people as members or customers.

Originally I agreed with you - but if you look at the cost & logistics of putting on the day I think the entry charge was a small price to pay and we are not that flush with cash at the moment so costs needed to be covered for the free jumping castles and other activities and crowd management etc. At the end of the day I dont think it affected attendances (as I estimated the crowd at least 5000).

Also little things like allowing your photo to be taken with the Wizard Cup at no charge - whereas some other clubs charge for the privilege to be photographed with newly won silverware, was a nice touch.

And when was the last time you could buy a pie at the footy for only $2. :wink:

What does Spotless Services charge for a pie Ron Evans???? :roll:

Winston Churchill