Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:12 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 2:18 pm 
Rod Ashman

What would you have spent the difference between a gold coin and a $5 note on, fevolaaaa? :roll: You're effectively complaining that you have to pay at most an extra $4 to get in.

How many fans do you seriously think won't pay the entrance fee? I would say that the number would be very small, when you consider where the money is going.

Wolfister, no it's not normally an event where you need to pay to get in. This year, it is. Would it really stop you from going? I understand your point but I think the outcry is over the top.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 2:19 pm 
Geoff Southby

And the event has a naming right sponsor aswell - so effectively they're double dipping...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 2:23 pm 
Geoff Southby

Blues2005 wrote:
Wolfister, no it's not normally an event where you need to pay to get in. This year, it is. Would it really stop you from going? I understand your point but I think the outcry is over the top.

Yes

I'm not paying $20 for us to go to something that every other club offers for free, something that we have always offered for free, and something that we're making money from a sponsor as well.

Perhaps that's why we posted a big fake loss last year, to make people think that we're really in need...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 2:30 pm 
Rod Ashman

Blues2005 wrote:
What would you have spent the difference between a gold coin and a $5 note on, fevolaaaa? :roll: You're effectively complaining that you have to pay at most an extra $4 to get in.

$4 extra per person may seem insignificant to you and me, but people with families like wolfy would soon be feeling the pinch.

With the cancellation of the Christmas Day and now charging for the Family Day the club is seriously heading in the wrong direction with these sort of events

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 7:08 pm 
Rod Ashman

Well I know that it wasnt contemplated as a possibility when the family day charge was decided on, but would it make a difference to those not wanting to pay a charge if we won the wizzer cup and it was there on the day?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 7:15 pm 
John Nicholls

The Doggies aren't charging and they are up shit creek in terms of finances.
Poor form, Carlton.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 7:40 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

It should of been $0 for members and $5 for non-members.

I sort of got the feeling this year because its actually inside OO compared to the car-park of the past two years was to stop the anybody off the street with their kids and people around the area taking their kids out for free day out from just wondering in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 8:37 pm 
Ken Hunter

It'll cost my family $35 to get in. Do we know why they are charging this year? They didn't charge last year did they?

Loyal & Proud

Post subject: Family day
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 1:41 am 
Serge Silvagni

Holy shit, the same fans bitch whinge and moan about the likes of AD and how they are out to get the club, their beloved club, ye have a chance to help out the club, for what? the price of a few beers and get something your kids will ALWAYS remember, kicking a ball with Fev, marking against Kouta, tackling Big Red, I was at the one last year and can honestly say each kid was made up and over the moon to be there, Shame on ye for moaning :roll:

And I'll win that fight
J.U.D.D
I'm a power load
J.U.D.D, Watch me explode

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 9:08 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Kids are free if they are members, $5 otherwise.
Adult members are $5
Adult non members $10.

So a family of members pay $10 for the mum and dad. Do people realise the cost of staging these things. Its great if people sign up as members, but if people want the free entertainment for their kids, meet the players and get autographs and photos but dont want to buy a membership, they should have to pay for the entertainment they are getting. Why is it up to the club to provide free entertainment if people arent going to join as members.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 9:25 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Yeah, I agree with our Irish brother.

$5 is good value for spending the day with your idols.

Try taking your family to watch 90 minutes of crap cinema :roll: . What's that set you back? $420?

I can understand the disappointment, but if my $5 goes toward paying off that bloody stand-debt, I'm glad to put it in.

I won't necessarilly GO..... but if I don't go it won't because of the cost.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 8:36 pm 
Ken Hunter

The day is tomorrow and I might be going, hopefully I feel heaps better.

Anyone excited?

Loyal & Proud

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 8:56 pm 
Rod Ashman

I am a member and my 6 year old son is too, 2 year old daughter isnt yet, but at 5 bucks for all of us to get in and have a great day - thats cheap entertainment, especially when compared to the last couple of years, we have a better team and now some silverware to show off...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 10:08 pm 
John Nicholls

What time does it start tomorrow?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 10:15 pm 
Rod Ashman

PJ, starts @ 11am and finishes @ 3pm.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 10:01 am 
Ken Hunter

Damn colds and flu's. If it wasn't for that I'd be there right now. I hate being sick.

Loyal & Proud

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 10:27 am 
Bruce Comben

If it wasnt for this damn hang over, and the fact that i cant find my pants i'd be there too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 1:20 pm 
Rod Ashman

Just got back from the family day with my 3 year old girl.

There was lots of people and a large number of families. I got there at 11. There were lots of activities for the kids including Jumping castles, rock climbing, patting zoo and lots more. They had a magician on the main stage who was pretty good.

They displayed the Harry Potter Cup, it looked like its been through a few hands and probably dropped a couple of times.

The players were there signing autographs and mingling. To me Fev had the biggest gallery around him, 15 deep.

The membership stand looked pretty busy.

Balfours were selling Pies, Pasties etc for $2 which is not bad considering you pay $4 from Spotless at the game. All the proceeds from the sales were going to player sponsorship.

I had to leave at around 1 pm the players were going to be introduced with their jumper at around 1.30 so maybe someone else can continue the story.

In relation to the cost, entry etc. I think $5 is reasonable for what I got out of it and my little girl (free), I mean last week I went to Moomba and that was free but it cost me $20 for 6 rides for my girls. So the way I see it $5 entry for unlimited rides is a real bargain. And like someone mentioned before I think they introduced the fee to stop the locals using the rides as they did last couple of years.

Anyway, great weather and great time had by all.

PS Daniel Harford was the MC and did a pretty good job!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 2:01 pm 
Serge Silvagni

Agree with Jez1966.
Just got back home with my 3yo. Boy is she wiped-out.
All in all a great Family Day put on by the club. $5 was very reasonable for everything that was provided.
The players were great under fairly trying conditions. It was pretty warm and there, and they all were happy to sign anything and pose for photographs.
Could not believe the crowd around Fev.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 2:07 pm 
Rod McGregor

The decision to charge Members to get in to the family day is a disgrace. For most the $5 is something that won't hurt much and is close to what you would donate anyway, but its the cheek of the club to ask for it on a day that is supposed to promote membership and merchandise sales along with hopefully hooking a few youngsters as lifelong blues.

I wonder who was the genius that thought it would be a good idea to get people to part with hundreds of dollars on Memberships outside the ground and then to charge those same people for the privilege of spending more money inside the ground.