Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 11:31 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:35 pm 
Craig Bradley

That miss by Durdin was a killer. We had plenty of others kicking terribly but that was at such a vital moment. Just crushed momentum, our heads dropped and they got 4 quick ones. He kicks that then anything happens. Part of 0.3 kicked in the first 2 minutes of the last qtr.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:39 pm 
Rod McGregor

We kicked ourselves out of it. The umpiring was shit even worse than usual. But at the end of the day our inaccuracy in front of goal was the biggest culprit. Geelong shouldn't feel to great about beating a depleted Carlton team by only 13 points with an armchair ride from the umpires.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:39 pm 
Ken Hunter

Juanita Jones wrote:
A small forwards a not very good right now. Deflating from both forwards. We are missing Fog in the F50.
Fantasia as well, especially when Owies had a stinker.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:42 pm 
Ken Hunter

Lucky wrote:
We kicked ourselves out of it. The umpiring was shit even worse than usual. But at the end of the day our inaccuracy in front of goal was the biggest culprit. Geelong shouldn't feel to great about beating a depleted Carlton team by only 13 points with an armchair ride from the umpires.
bUt ToM SteWarT

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:44 pm 
Rod Ashman

Pros
Weitering
Pittonet
Crippa & Walsh
Harry was v good
Acres
Created lots of opportunities
Great fodder for Vossy - hopefully this loss results in more wins from here on.
Got the better of Hawkins and Blicavs
Some good ins to come back, starting next week

Cons
Goal kicking, esp set shots
Poor team defense
Could not handle Cameron or Touhy.
Umpiring
Everything they did turned to gold - I doubt they’ll kick that accurately or have as many wild entries lad in their hands again all season
Dangerfield was influential in his cameo in between hamstring injuries. Suspect he will be out until we play them again….

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:48 pm 
Wayne Johnston

We need to find the balance between when to press and when to pull back and defend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:49 pm 
Harry Vallence

Might just be me but I'm remaining quite positive after that.
Cats had 1 or 2 injuries, mostly at strength, blues plenty out and yet we dominated most areas.

I feel if that game gets played 10 times, we win 7 or 8 of them.

Coaches have the gameplan sorted. They are creating more than enough entries and chances to win games. Cats don't kick that straight every week. Super efficient.

Lots of positives except the final score.

Would've been a huge shot in the arm to win that but let's get some players back and keep working. Plenty to like.

Forward entries need work.

Nothing to fear from the cats.

Blues missed some woefully easy set shots.

Bring em on.

Go blues.

Dad's army will fall away eventually

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:51 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Bad kicking is bad football. If I was in a four way contest for a small forward roll I would simply kick a set shot from 25m out straight in front.

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:52 pm 
Harry Vallence

Also Williams made some glaring mistakes tonight and shirked a contest or 2.
I love his work but sometimes we need to call a spade a spade.
Hopefully next week he's back his normal self.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:53 pm 
Harry Vallence

Bad kicking is bad football, we only have ourselves to blame. Having said that the umpires were very poor.

Blue is the colour, Blue is our colourful conversation, football is the game, talking carlton is our aim, we're all together, we're all together, winning is our aim, arguing is a pain, let's debate for gain. .. .!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:00 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

79Vintage wrote:
Bad kicking is bad football, we only have ourselves to blame. Having said that the umpires were very poor.
199 shots on goal this year for 102 goals
We are 50/50

If that was 55/45 we are undefeated

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:01 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

79Vintage wrote:

It was one of those ones where it seems every 50/50 went against us but pretty sure we probably ended up positive differential so we just have to eat shit apparently

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:02 pm 
Rod Ashman

diesel_85 wrote:
Might just be me but I'm remaining quite positive after that.
Cats had 1 or 2 injuries, mostly at strength, blues plenty out and yet we dominated most areas.

I feel if that game gets played 10 times, we win 7 or 8 of them.

Coaches have the gameplan sorted. They are creating more than enough entries and chances to win games. Cats don't kick that straight every week. Super efficient.

Lots of positives except the final score.

Would've been a huge shot in the arm to win that but let's get some players back and keep working. Plenty to like.

Forward entries need work.

Nothing to fear from the cats.

Blues missed some woefully easy set shots.

Bring em on.

Go blues.

Dad's army will fall away eventually

I’m with you on this Diesel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:06 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

i think they exposed our fragile defence. i think the injuries made the defence a glaring problem and weakness. but even at full strength, the way really good teams can shred us, is a concern for september.

pies will be another big game to see exactly where we are at.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:11 pm 
Harry Vallence

I dunno. It seemed obvous to me.

We dominated all of the key statistics, had something like 20 or so more inside 50s....

The killer - profligacy in front of goals - that and the catastrophic umpiring also had a major say.

When your missing what like a high contingent your best 22 players, and you can still put up a strong effort like that (despite the goal kicking), I think we are going OK.

For all the social media love in on Geelong, they are far from as good as they all make them out to be. Be a little better in taking our chances, we would have belted them with our third base team.

Bring on Collingwood!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:28 pm 
Laurie Kerr

17th Premiership wrote:
Our inaccuracy in front of goals were the main difference. Had we kicked even a bit more accurately, everything else would have been more in our favour too, including their turnover game.

That 50m against Harry/Cripps was a shocker as was the non-free to Williams. Amongst several other notable bad decisions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That deliberate out of bounds that wasn’t paid when we had the momentum is the winner I reckon

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:32 pm 
Craig Bradley

Braithy wrote:
i think they exposed our fragile defence. i think the injuries made the defence a glaring problem and weakness. but even at full strength, the way really good teams can shred us, is a concern for september.

pies will be another big game to see exactly where we are at.

At full strength we are much tighter and games are lower scoring, which suit us. Rather Martin, Motlop and Fogarty up forward than what we had today. There's more pressure there for starters as well as goal kicking. Saad, Gov and Marchbank would be handy at the other end too. As would Doc but he's not coming back this year so no point going there unfortunately.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:45 pm 
Rod Ashman

Reckon the boys got a bake judging by Vossy’s presser.
Fair enough too.
Something to focus on before the Filth.
And they should be filthy this week.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:57 pm 
Ken Hunter

Heavs wrote:
79Vintage wrote:

It was one of those ones where it seems every 50/50 went against us but pretty sure we probably ended up positive differential so we just have to eat shit apparently
14-10 to us in the end. Very few frees overall. I reckon they tried to put the whistle away but it went too far.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:00 pm 
Harry Vallence

Disappointed. Very much so. Killed us on the rebound. Lots of easy goals for them. We battled for every goal and didn’t kick well yet they nailed every opportunity. I think we won every statistical measure but didn’t win the game. Big drama about Tom Stewart out but who else. We have 3 of our top 6 defenders out plus others. Seasons are defined by injuries and momentum at the right time. Hate as a taxpayer I have to pay for all those facilities at sleepy hollow when there is no equity across the AFL. Get a job and start paying your share you lazy cauliflower. Sour grapes I know. We will get them next time when it counts. Ps Zac Tuohy go @#$%&! yourself.

Pies vs Carlton massive.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next