Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 5:16 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:36 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

GreatEx wrote:
Yeah, well said BV. I expect a bit of over-criticism on TC in the name of reasoned debate, but I found it surprising how many times I've read or heard something in the mainstream media pointing out that we've been getting beaten in the clearances as though it's a major cause for concern, and not asking why that may be. If we can switch between turnover and stoppage mode, and be elite at both, there's no stopping us. It'd be great if we could flip the switch with an identical 23. It's a shame that Pitto doesn't have the tools to be in such a 23, but maybe someone else will be. It's exciting to see where this goes, and great that we're banking enough wins early that we can afford the occasional tactical misstep along the way.

Can we win a GF without Pitto? The answer is yes.
Can we win a GF if TDK is subbed out injured without Pittonet? I think we can...might...should.

Who knows.

I love the versatility of the squad. I love the never say die attitude. I love the way they're playing for each other.
There's 20 more rounds to go. Fk we've only just started. There will be 2 rucks, there wont.
I don't think Pitto makes that much difference to our speed TBH. Its not like TDK is making us a faster side than Pitto.

But I tell you what, I reckon the sum of Pitto and TDK imo would be better because TDK would increase our productivity and marking power in the forward line more than our current situation.

IMO, we need one more threat done there in the forwardline, for now; till Vossy works out the small forwards mix, of 4, and that's with Motlop out.

They opposition know its Charlie and Harry and a bunch of midgets. Kennedy isn't it for me. Kemp mightn't be. Martin is, sorta. I don't think we need 4 midgets. So TDK mixing it with Pitto is for me the go every now and then: against gorillas, and against teams with 2 rucks....and in a Prelim or GF.

There's more to this season than what we've seen thus far.

I know I don't want to be playing against Fremantle in a GF without Pitto, but I'll leave that to Vossy and co in 29 weeks time.

Go Blues.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:42 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Pitto in please.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:43 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

bondiblue wrote:
GreatEx wrote:
Yeah, well said BV. I expect a bit of over-criticism on TC in the name of reasoned debate, but I found it surprising how many times I've read or heard something in the mainstream media pointing out that we've been getting beaten in the clearances as though it's a major cause for concern, and not asking why that may be. If we can switch between turnover and stoppage mode, and be elite at both, there's no stopping us. It'd be great if we could flip the switch with an identical 23. It's a shame that Pitto doesn't have the tools to be in such a 23, but maybe someone else will be. It's exciting to see where this goes, and great that we're banking enough wins early that we can afford the occasional tactical misstep along the way.

Can we win a GF if TDK is subbed out injured without Pittonet? I think we can...might...should.

Who knows.

I love the versatility of the squad. I love the never say die attitude. I love the way they're playing for each other.
There's 20 more rounds to go. Fk we've only just started. There will be 2 rucks, there wont.
I don't think Pitto makes that much difference to our speed TBH. Its not like TDK is making us a faster side than Pitto.

But I tell you what, I reckon the sum of Pitto and TDK imo would be better because TDK would increase our productivity and marking power in the forward line more than our current situation.

IMO, we need one more threat done there in the forwardline, for now; till Vossy works out the small forwards mix, of 4, and that's with Motlop out.

They opposition know its Charlie and Harry and a bunch of midgets. Kennedy isn't it for me. Kemp mightn't be. Martin is, sorta. I don't think we need 4 midgets. So TDK mixing it with Pitto is for me the go every now and then: against gorillas, and against teams with 2 rucks....and in a Prelim or GF.

I know I don't want to be playing against Fremantle in a GF without Pitto, but I'll leave that to Vossy and co in 29 weeks time.

Go Blues.

Safe to say Freo won’t be in the GF.

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:50 pm 
Geoff Southby

bondiblue wrote:
GreatEx wrote:

Who knows.

Go Blues.

Harry has gone in for a few centre bounces . Makes me nervous . What do you think Bondi ?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:27 pm 
Rod Ashman

Braithy wrote:
adelaide's season is on the line. of the two losses in our last 15 games, fog hasn't played in both of them. we're not playing good footy, and it's baffling we keep winning.

even tho it's april, beware the ides of march eh.

no fog, no carlton, i've been saying this since he came back into the side

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:53 pm 
Geoff Southby

kingkerna wrote:
Pitto in please.

lol ... dear god, why?

unless tdk is injured or maybe harry, i can't see pitto getting a game.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:54 pm 
Geoff Southby

bender wrote:
Braithy wrote:
adelaide's season is on the line. of the two losses in our last 15 games, fog hasn't played in both of them. we're not playing good footy, and it's baffling we keep winning.

even tho it's april, beware the ides of march eh.

no fog, no carlton, i've been saying this since he came back into the side

it's true. he makes tackles ... but it's all the near tackles and pressure which creates perceived pressure that he brings.

and when he gets his hands on the ball, it's always team first & set it up.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:20 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

GWS wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
GreatEx wrote:

Who knows.

Go Blues.

Safe to say Freo won’t be in the GF.

Are you sure?

Remember Demetriou belittling the ugly Swans style of game: the rugby mawl? (which in actual fact the AFL condoned since the North Hawks first GF in colour).

Well, the Ugly ducks won the Flag that year.

Fremantle aren't that different to the Swans. They strangle teams to make mistakes in the quagmire, then try and slingshot from there sporadically, when an opening appears.

I'm not discounting any team in the current top 8 after only 4 games.

Freo midfield group was on top of ours in a game that could have gone either way. Do you think our mids can win us a GF?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:58 am 
Ken Hunter

If Walsh gets through training this week he will play according to Cripps.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:25 am 
Bruce Doull

Fog fractured wrist

Elijah a test to play

according to Voss on SEN

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:41 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Mickstar wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
GreatEx wrote:

Who knows.

Go Blues.

Harry has gone in for a few centre bounces . Makes me nervous . What do you think Bondi ?

Thanks for the question Mickstar.

The whole argument keeps doing the rounds in my head, and know the argument for the affirmative, but I can't help but come to the conclusion its a case of Russian Roulette playing TDK as No 1 ruck with Harry as the chop out.

The Harry in the ruck debate is a weird debate for me.
I can understand the argument of some posters in favour of Harry in the ruck, but I think there is too much exaggeration in the move's benefits to take serious and be dogmatic. Firstly, look at Pittos stats as first ruck last year, and he's not as crap as some suggest. He's a decent No 1 ruck who gives his contested bulls in the midfield more ball than TDK. Its where the engine room is and where the play starts. We've lost that with TDK. His tap work needs work and he's feeding the opposition mids moreso than ours.

My bottom line is the ruck position provides more opportunity for injury that KPF.
KPF is the hardest position on the ground to play. We have 2 of the best KPFs in the AFL and have longed to play them in tandem. Why would you rob your forward line that weapon just to give a chop out to a position where injury is more likely to happen to your biggest asset?

One day Harry or Charlie will kick a goal in the ruck when Harry is rucking, but thus, after 4 games, they haven't.

Maybe its nice to see Harry having a trot around the ground playing ruck like Daniher does. But he does that anyway without having to be one of the 2 bulls going at each other in the ruck.

The argument for Harry rucking is that its only 5 minutes here and there. Its still the friggin ruck. You can't be half pregnant. OH&S does'nt accept the argument that the environment was "only a liitle bit dangerous" after someone has died. Its negligent.

Bottom line is Harry is a much better KPD than Daniher and there lies the reason to send Daniher into the ruck.

I can bring up a lot of negatives of TDK as the first ruck, but don't want to belittle one of our own developing players. After all, if posters want to see his shortfalls, the eye test on his opponents and reference to the important stats will tell you all you need to know about his shortfalls.

I know TDK is growing in confidence and stature, and getting better at the ruck craft, but he will not be Gawn's size or have Gawn's (or other bigger rucks') power for another couple years. His break out year is not this year, just like it wasn't for the last 2 years posters who scoff at 2 rucks have hoped for. TDK's time will come.

And the argument we are quicker and take more marks around the ground with TDK as No 1 ruck is fanciful. Really? How is that so?

So if we avoid Pitto in best 23, we take out TDK as the 3rd Forward marking position to give us more speed and mobility in the ruck. Yeah? Have a look at the kms and additional speed in that move. And we replace TDK with Kennedy as the 3rd marking tall...I think TDK is quicker than Kennedy. Kennedy doesn't give us an extra runner as some claim, and neither of the 4 midgets are not a 3rd marking option in the forward line when SOS ad Martin are not playing...and Martin can't give TDK a chop out in the ruck like Kennedy can't....so we rob Harry, one of our twin towers in the forward line to give TDK a chop out.

I'm not saying no ruck time for TDK. I'm saying share the ruck duties with Pitto to wear down opponents for TDK to jump over them later in quarters, till TDK is strong enough to be the Colossus Gawn is, and leave Harry as our forward line weapon.

I like the idea of keeping rucks fresh, full of bounce and showing strength throughout a game. A tiring ruck is not a good ruck, especially when he's still developing his body and craft.

Did I mention our contested possessions have gone south since TDK has been our first ruck? ie we've lost a strength of ours ince TDK has been No 1 ruck whilst POitto is out injured or returning to the field through the VFL?

Oh yeah, but we've increased our number of goals from turnover. Does anyone really believe the increase in goals from turnover can be attributed to TDK and Harry in the ruck? Please don't.

Furthermore, the net gain we've had from an increase in goals from turnover and a decrease of goals from contest is how many? We need both. Robbing Peter to play Paul is not adding another layer. Both avenues for goal are possible from our maturing team.

Pitto in the ruck, whilst TDK is developing gives us more than the naysayers suggest. If Pitto isn't fit, don't play him; and we haven't. But if Pitto is fit as he showed last week in the VFL, then he should be our No 1 ruck.

This year, for me, should not be a development year for TDK in the ruck, by playing him as first ruck.

This year we should be playing our best team and improving on the platform we created last year to end up top 4 and win a Flag. Development for TDK happens with or without Pitto because TDK is not the finished product this year. In fact, if you have a good look at TDK in the ruck, he has cost us goals from dropped marks in the defensive half ... just look at the replay.

Have you considered that maybe he's fatigued from playing 80% ToG as the No 1 ruck may have something to do with that? Maybe he isn't fully developed to play full time No 1 ruck without being fatigued. And Pitto is chastised because he isnt taking enough marks in defense, TDK hasn't fixed that as some want to believe.

Leave Harry as the roaming CHF and let him continue to build synergy with the other half of the twin towers, Charlie. I don't mind Harry rucking in the forwardline, or him choosing to go into the ruck to mix things up, but he should not be our go to ruckman when TDK is totally exhausted 25 minutes into the quarter, when he probably should have been given the chop out 15 minutes into the quarter, by another ruckman, because he needs a chop out for more than 20% game time imo..

Harry is our most dangerous forward. All 203cms of him. Remember Charlie, also a Coleman medallist, is 194cm (you can see from that the advantage Harry has over KPD opponents), will also need to have times to get out of the goal square to drag his opponent out and get a kick further up the ground .... knowing a fresh Harry is in the goal square as a marking target.

Finally, imagine in a cut throat final, ie Elimination, Prelim or Grand Final, and we go in with TDK as our sole ruck. The opposition ruck might be anyone of Gawn, Grundy, English, Marshall, Darcy, Witts, Nankervis, Preuss, Cox, who monster TDK. Now if you were coach in this cut throat final would you ask your ruck to do everything in your power to take out/ injure the only ruck Carlton has, the skinny TDK? Absolutely, because there's no tomorrow, and without TDK in the ruck, Harry would have to go in the ruck, and that leaves Charlie to be double and triple teamed, and when Harry is tired its Kennedy, who will be detroyed by those monsters, or Cripps, who is our contested bull, and has enough of a workload as it is.

Now if you were opposition coach in a cut throat final and Harry was in the ruck, would you ask your ruckman to injure/ take out Harry? Absolutely. Harry would cower away from that sort of aggression and lose all confidence, let alone a limb.

Its a matter of balance, and insurance, no matter what you think about insurance, because insurance plays a huge role in the selection of a team. Why do you think Voss wants players to be able to play multiple roles? Well, the ruck is not a position you can just throw anyone in. Grigg days are gone ever since the Tigers midfield group lost their dominance over the competition.

I bet anyone, if Pitto and TDK are fit and firing, and we are playing in a cut throat Final, Vossy and the MC wouldn't dare play TDK as the sole ruckman in the squad of 23, and I bet Vossy would prefer to have Harry and Charlie as his marking KPFs rather than running around as battering rams in the ruck, because we need to kick goals, and whether you like it or not, we haven't got too many avenues to goal (except when we play NM or Weagles).

Get fair dinkum and Play rucks in ruck and KPFs as KPFs.

There you go Mickstar. That's what I think about Harry in the ruck. It should not be a permanent thing, not even for 5 minutes each quarter.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:42 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

CK95 wrote:
Fog fractured wrist

Elijah a test to play

according to Voss on SEN

Shit Shit Shit re Fog

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:43 am 
Bruce Doull

I know....Fyfe should be charged for it :grin:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:58 am 
Stephen Kernahan

bondiblue wrote:
CK95 wrote:
Fog fractured wrist

Elijah a test to play

according to Voss on SEN

Shit Shit Shit re Fog

Makes the decision to not challenge a bit more obvious now.

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:53 pm 
Ken Hunter

Fair points re Pitt, Bondi. I am not against using Pitto at least for certain matchups, so if fit he should play some seniors... last thing we want is to bring him in cold for finals. I think you're too dismissive of the effect his selection has on our turnover game, though. Pitto is a poor runner, a poor mark and a poor kick for goal. Effectively we're playing a man light when looking for the quick transition. That doesn't mean he hasn't got a role to play, but it is why I singled him out as a misfit when we try to evolve into a team that is elite at both contested and turnover footy. No doubt he makes us better in the former, though. Perhaps when we get to finals we'll have tilted the mix back towards contested. I like that we're developing flexibility.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:50 pm 
Geoff Southby

bondiblue wrote:
Mickstar wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
GreatEx wrote:

Who knows.

Go Blues.

Thanks for the question Mickstar.

The whole argument keeps doing the rounds in my head, and know the argument for the affirmative, but I can't help but come to the conclusion its a case of Russian Roulette playing TDK as No 1 ruck with Harry as the chop out.

The Harry in the ruck debate is a weird debate for me.
I can understand the argument of some posters in favour of Harry in the ruck, but I think there is too much exaggeration in the move's benefits to take serious and be dogmatic. Firstly, look at Pittos stats as first ruck last year, and he's not as crap as some suggest. He's a decent No 1 ruck who gives his contested bulls in the midfield more ball than TDK. Its where the engine room is and where the play starts. We've lost that with TDK. His tap work needs work and he's feeding the opposition mids moreso than ours.

My bottom line is the ruck position provides more opportunity for injury that KPF.
KPF is the hardest position on the ground to play. We have 2 of the best KPFs in the AFL and have longed to play them in tandem. Why would you rob your forward line that weapon just to give a chop out to a position where injury is more likely to happen to your biggest asset?

One day Harry or Charlie will kick a goal in the ruck when Harry is rucking, but thus, after 4 games, they haven't.

Maybe its nice to see Harry having a trot around the ground playing ruck like Daniher does. But he does that anyway without having to be one of the 2 bulls going at each other in the ruck.

The argument for Harry rucking is that its only 5 minutes here and there. Its still the friggin ruck. You can't be half pregnant. OH&S does'nt accept the argument that the environment was "only a liitle bit dangerous" after someone has died. Its negligent.

Bottom line is Harry is a much better KPD than Daniher and there lies the reason to send Daniher into the ruck.

I can bring up a lot of negatives of TDK as the first ruck, but don't want to belittle one of our own developing players. After all, if posters want to see his shortfalls, the eye test on his opponents and reference to the important stats will tell you all you need to know about his shortfalls.

I know TDK is growing in confidence and stature, and getting better at the ruck craft, but he will not be Gawn's size or have Gawn's (or other bigger rucks') power for another couple years. His break out year is not this year, just like it wasn't for the last 2 years posters who scoff at 2 rucks have hoped for. TDK's time will come.

And the argument we are quicker and take more marks around the ground with TDK as No 1 ruck is fanciful. Really? How is that so?

So if we avoid Pitto in best 23, we take out TDK as the 3rd Forward marking position to give us more speed and mobility in the ruck. Yeah? Have a look at the kms and additional speed in that move. And we replace TDK with Kennedy as the 3rd marking tall...I think TDK is quicker than Kennedy. Kennedy doesn't give us an extra runner as some claim, and neither of the 4 midgets are not a 3rd marking option in the forward line when SOS ad Martin are not playing...and Martin can't give TDK a chop out in the ruck like Kennedy can't....so we rob Harry, one of our twin towers in the forward line to give TDK a chop out.

I'm not saying no ruck time for TDK. I'm saying share the ruck duties with Pitto to wear down opponents for TDK to jump over them later in quarters, till TDK is strong enough to be the Colossus Gawn is, and leave Harry as our forward line weapon.

I like the idea of keeping rucks fresh, full of bounce and showing strength throughout a game. A tiring ruck is not a good ruck, especially when he's still developing his body and craft.

Did I mention our contested possessions have gone south since TDK has been our first ruck? ie we've lost a strength of ours ince TDK has been No 1 ruck whilst POitto is out injured or returning to the field through the VFL?

Oh yeah, but we've increased our number of goals from turnover. Does anyone really believe the increase in goals from turnover can be attributed to TDK and Harry in the ruck? Please don't.

Furthermore, the net gain we've had from an increase in goals from turnover and a decrease of goals from contest is how many? We need both. Robbing Peter to play Paul is not adding another layer. Both avenues for goal are possible from our maturing team.

Pitto in the ruck, whilst TDK is developing gives us more than the naysayers suggest. If Pitto isn't fit, don't play him; and we haven't. But if Pitto is fit as he showed last week in the VFL, then he should be our No 1 ruck.

This year, for me, should not be a development year for TDK in the ruck, by playing him as first ruck.

This year we should be playing our best team and improving on the platform we created last year to end up top 4 and win a Flag. Development for TDK happens with or without Pitto because TDK is not the finished product this year. In fact, if you have a good look at TDK in the ruck, he has cost us goals from dropped marks in the defensive half ... just look at the replay.

Have you considered that maybe he's fatigued from playing 80% ToG as the No 1 ruck may have something to do with that? Maybe he isn't fully developed to play full time No 1 ruck without being fatigued. And Pitto is chastised because he isnt taking enough marks in defense, TDK hasn't fixed that as some want to believe.

Leave Harry as the roaming CHF and let him continue to build synergy with the other half of the twin towers, Charlie. I don't mind Harry rucking in the forwardline, or him choosing to go into the ruck to mix things up, but he should not be our go to ruckman when TDK is totally exhausted 25 minutes into the quarter, when he probably should have been given the chop out 15 minutes into the quarter, by another ruckman, because he needs a chop out for more than 20% game time imo..

Harry is our most dangerous forward. All 203cms of him. Remember Charlie, also a Coleman medallist, is 194cm (you can see from that the advantage Harry has over KPD opponents), will also need to have times to get out of the goal square to drag his opponent out and get a kick further up the ground .... knowing a fresh Harry is in the goal square as a marking target.

Finally, imagine in a cut throat final, ie Elimination, Prelim or Grand Final, and we go in with TDK as our sole ruck. The opposition ruck might be anyone of Gawn, Grundy, English, Marshall, Darcy, Witts, Nankervis, Preuss, Cox, who monster TDK. Now if you were coach in this cut throat final would you ask your ruck to do everything in your power to take out/ injure the only ruck Carlton has, the skinny TDK? Absolutely, because there's no tomorrow, and without TDK in the ruck, Harry would have to go in the ruck, and that leaves Charlie to be double and triple teamed, and when Harry is tired its Kennedy, who will be detroyed by those monsters, or Cripps, who is our contested bull, and has enough of a workload as it is.

Now if you were opposition coach in a cut throat final and Harry was in the ruck, would you ask your ruckman to injure/ take out Harry? Absolutely. Harry would cower away from that sort of aggression and lose all confidence, let alone a limb.

Its a matter of balance, and insurance, no matter what you think about insurance, because insurance plays a huge role in the selection of a team. Why do you think Voss wants players to be able to play multiple roles? Well, the ruck is not a position you can just throw anyone in. Grigg days are gone ever since the Tigers midfield group lost their dominance over the competition.

I bet anyone, if Pitto and TDK are fit and firing, and we are playing in a cut throat Final, Vossy and the MC wouldn't dare play TDK as the sole ruckman in the squad of 23, and I bet Vossy would prefer to have Harry and Charlie as his marking KPFs rather than running around as battering rams in the ruck, because we need to kick goals, and whether you like it or not, we haven't got too many avenues to goal (except when we play NM or Weagles).

Get fair dinkum and Play rucks in ruck and KPFs as KPFs.

There you go Mickstar. That's what I think about Harry in the ruck. It should not be a permanent thing, not even for 5 minutes each quarter.

Bejeezus , thats a faaarking lot of work gone into that answer Bondi and all respect to you . I got that gut feeling also we are better with two than one . I like Pitto and TDK working in tandem myself . How the hell you fit them all in and who misses out i have no idea . But the guts of what you say makes sense . They will work it out , we will get there . This business about Voss being a good motivator but shit on tactics is bullshit . I reckon he is far more canny than he is given credit for .

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:03 pm 
Bruce Doull

Hey Bondy….

how many words a minute can you
type brother…cos as Micksta said…beJAYzis…!

good for you man…!

kindest regards tommi

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:04 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

GreatEx wrote:
Fair points re Pitt, Bondi. I am not against using Pitto at least for certain matchups, so if fit he should play some seniors... last thing we want is to bring him in cold for finals. I think you're too dismissive of the effect his selection has on our turnover game, though. Pitto is a poor runner, a poor mark and a poor kick for goal. Effectively we're playing a man light when looking for the quick transition. That doesn't mean he hasn't got a role to play, but it is why I singled him out as a misfit when we try to evolve into a team that is elite at both contested and turnover footy. No doubt he makes us better in the former, though. Perhaps when we get to finals we'll have tilted the mix back towards contested. I like that we're developing flexibility.

I'm not trying to be dismissive. I'm looking for clues, probabilities and possibilities... and looking at form.

I watch the replays looking for any evidence that TDK is actually part of the reason we are kicking more turnover goals this year and I dont see any evidence.

I look at TDK's tap work to find any connection between TDK's rucking and a decline in our clearance game, and there's evidence the opposition mids enjoy TDKs ruckwork more than his mids.

What I've posted is what I'm seeing and I welcome anyone to prove and show me what he is adding to our game by replacing Pitto as first ruck?

One man light? Is that an opinion or a fact. If its a fact, is TDK filling that void for us? I mean for real? He's not taking marks around the ground. Pitto doesn't really just stand there as suggested when the ruck contest is done. He hits opponents hard, with mongrel, and clears the path for his mids. He does a lot of great things and believe some posters don't want to acknowledge the things he brings to the team.

I am happy with the one ruck here and there, but come finals, we better be top 4, and we better take games like this week's against the Crows serious because they will come out on fire and OReilly smashed TDK back to the reserves last time they played each other.

AS I said, Pitto in the ruck is not a mistake or a bad decision by the MC and I bet Vossy picks Pitto just as Matthews picked Clark Keating for Finals combat in their 3 peat, that people should expect it, not loathe it, when its needed, because Pitto is not a liability when fit.

He was impressive in the last AFL game, and that's when I started to really miss him. I dont miss injured players because we have to play without them anyway. But he might be fit now.

Maybe if TDK can learn to nullify the tap and give his mids a chance to contest and win the clearance like Pitto did. But that still leaves TDK to ruck for 80% of game time and as a result, ruck fatigued, let alone being vulnerable to domination by monster rucks, and worst of all requiring out CHF to ruck when he should be a target at the pointy end of each quarter, especially the last in a close one.

Pitto's taps to advantage were at the top end of the AFL last year. Just saying. And for those who want to belittle Pitto and his value in the best 22, we won all our games during our incredible run home and 2 Finals with Pitto as No 1 ruck, and TDK as a KPF. We shouldn't forget that. This list is balanced because we do have 2 rucks.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:19 pm 
Geoff Southby

Yes , thats the bloke Bondi . Clarke Keating . They kept him in mothballs until September didn't they just to come out and smash blokes . Physicality and intimidation were his specialities .

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:23 pm 
Geoff Southby

tommi wrote:
Hey Bondy….

how many words a minute can you
type brother…cos as Micksta said…beJAYzis…!

good for you man…!

kindest regards tommi

Yes Tom , a lot of time and work in there from " Ol mate Bondi . Ten out of ten for effort .

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next