Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 1:48 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 231 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:56 pm 
Ken Hunter

B: McGovern Kemp Newman
HB: Saad Weitering Williams
C: O.Hollands Cripps Acres
HF: Fogerty McKay Cottrell
F: Fantasia Curnow Motlop

R: Dekoning Carrol Cerra

I: Kennedy Hewett Boyd Cunningham
Sub: Cincotta

Marchbank to play VFL, surely, he needs the run. Not sure about the fitness of Martin. E.Hollands to play VFL if available or Sub. A full VFL stint means game level fitness.

I'm 99% sold on this team. Fantasia, Owies and Cunningham are my ???? I want to give Fantasia more time to get up to speed with the group. Owies hasn't done much wrong, but Motlop takes his spot, on shear talent. I can't see Owies as a Sub so he either plays or gets dropped.

Fogerty has been excellent in the first 2 games applying pressure.

Are they using Cottrell in a negating role against damaging HBF's who the opposition use to set up play?????

Weiters for Young. Re Kemp v Young.............for me it is Kemp everyday of the week.

Regards Cazzesman

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:25 pm 
Robert Walls

Cazzesman wrote:

Marchbank to play VFL, surely, he needs the run. Not sure about the fitness of Martin. E.Hollands to play VFL if available or Sub. A full VFL stint means game level fitness.

I'm 99% sold on this team. Fantasia, Owies and Cunningham are my ???? I want to give Fantasia more time to get up to speed with the group. Owies hasn't done much wrong, but Motlop takes his spot, on shear talent. I can't see Owies as a Sub so he either plays or gets dropped.

Are they using Cottrell in a negating role against damaging HBF's who the opposition use to set up play?????

Weiters for Young. Re Kemp v Young.............for me it is Kemp everyday of the week.

Regards Cazzesman

I like your thoughts

Only question is whether Jacob gets another week, which keeps young in the mix

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:28 am 
Stephen Silvagni

Owies must stay in. If Motlop is ready he takes Fantasia's or Cunningham" spot

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:00 am 
Stephen Kernahan

They have so many exciting under 22yo players. They might kick 100 on us. But my goodness Charlie and Harry are going to have a good day.

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:23 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Cazzesman wrote:

Regards Cazzesman

Good team.
Agree on your ??? on Cuningham, Fantasia, Owies and I would add Durdin too, because didn't see enough of him.

Cottrell has been clocking kms from HF in first 2 rounds, but not too many possessions. Strange.
Not but some of his time was on a wing when Hollands went inside in round 1.
Maybe Vossy using Cotts to drag his opponent out and catch him on way back when playing HF, like he did against Tigers.
Cotts wasnt in the forward picture much against Tigers. Maybe he's keeping forward line open.
North had Tucker and Fisher playing at HB. Fisher was the main possession player of the two and most metres gained.
Neither were too damaging against GWS.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:24 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Cazzesman wrote:

Regards Cazzesman

At 2 zip and Weitering, Marchbank, Hollands and Motlop back next round, I like to keep pressure on spots.
Against North, I dont think we are desperate for Marchbank, Hollands and Motlop, so they can get a game into their legs in the first game of VFL season on Good Friday.

Nick Larkey plays FF for North.
He played FF yesterday.
Kicked 3 goals against Sam Taylor.
Both FF and FB around 200cm

Do you think Kemp is a good match for Larkey, or would you put Weitering on Larkey?
I think Larkey is in a different weight division than Kemp: too big.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:26 am 
Ken Hunter

:donk:
kingkerna wrote:
Rod Spooky Galt wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:
I know this won’t happen, also won't be a popular comment, but I’d drop McGovern before Young. He is unaccountable and along with Saad costs us directly on the scoreboard. How many times is McGovern or Saad allow to fly for the ball and not kill the contest or fumble it on the ground and allow the opposition small to score? Saad is making an effort to improve his accountability, so credit to him. McGovern’s offensive run and disposal is very good but if compare them to Williams, Newman and Kemp, they have the right balance and are defensively as good as offensively.

At the other end, IMO, Cottrell and Fantasia would be the first 2 to go. Elijah and Jack/Mots to replace them.

I think we are already missing Doc and JSoS.
:cry:

Did Dirk Wellham hit more than one of our supporters with his bat?

Brilliantly said, Gov was top 3 on Thursday, without him we lose

You can ignore what I say or you can review in an open mind and debate, either way we are here to discuss everyone’s opinions on CFC and IMO, smart ass comments aren’t required, especially when it’s not arguing the point raisesd.
Go and have a look at the goals Richmond and even Brisbane (just 2 games in) kicked and maybe the you will see my point about his ‘defencive’ skill.

Last edited by SurreyBlue on Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:03 am 
Ken Hunter

bondiblue wrote:

Do you think Kemp is a good match for Larkey, or would you put Weitering on Larkey?

I think Weiters. But.........did Callum Coleman-Jones play CHF yesterday. At 200 also, he's alot to handle. If Young stays in for CCJ then in my 'possible' team, Cunningham would go out and Kemp on the bench.

Regards Cazzesman

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:30 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Cazzesman wrote:
bondiblue wrote:

I think Weiters. But.........did Callum Coleman-Jones play CHF yesterday. At 200 also, he's alot to handle. If Young stays in for CCJ then in my 'possible' team, Cunningham would go out and Kemp on the bench.

Regards Cazzesman

CCJ played CHF yesterday.
CCJ is the Fwd Ruck when Xerri needs a chop out. Xerri was main ruck for most of the game.

CCJ is 200cm and mobile and started really well with a couple marks and a couple frees vs GWS, but Larkey was the main target in forwardline and looks like North like to run the ball up to forwardline and ball didn't seem to be headed to CCJ thereafter. He was subbed off in the 3rd for a mid.

Last year Kemp looked to have his first purple patch vs WCE, and a few OK games. He is developing and getting better. He's young and has only played 30? games so he's going to freak us out with some of the things he does.

But on Friday, I thought was his best game in the Navy Blue. If only he held that screamer. I'm glad he went for it. I just don't think its a fair to expect him to punch the ball away from a 200cm forward when he cant reach that high unless he's jumping. I think that's the main reason why he was dropped for the Prelim with Hipwood and Daniher as KPF's. He did have a bit of a stnker vs Dees.

Kemp will take over from Gov and Marchy one day, so its good to give him as much game time as we can, and too cruel to drop him after such a good game. I still prefer Kemp as a tall HBF. He's quick off the mark, and likes to attack.

Having said that, the way the ball was moved by North I dont think CCJ present as a big threat as Hipwood and Daniher.

Food for thought. Interesting to see what Vossy does.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:39 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

SurreyBlue wrote:
kingkerna wrote:
Rod Spooky Galt wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:
I know this won’t happen, also won't be a popular comment, but I’d drop McGovern before Young. He is unaccountable and along with Saad costs us directly on the scoreboard. How many times is McGovern or Saad allow to fly for the ball and not kill the contest or fumble it on the ground and allow the opposition small to score? Saad is making an effort to improve his accountability, so credit to him. McGovern’s offensive run and disposal is very good but if compare them to Williams, Newman and Kemp, they have the right balance and are defensively as good as offensively.

At the other end, IMO, Cottrell and Fantasia would be the first 2 to go. Elijah and Jack/Mots to replace them.

You can ignore what I say or you can review in an open mind and debate, either way we are here to discuss everyone’s opinions on CFC and IMO, smart ass comments aren’t required, especially when it’s not arguing the point raisesd.
Go and have a look at the goals Richmond and even Brisbane (just 2 games in) kicked and maybe the you will see my point about his ‘defencive’ skill.

Surrey he was close to best on ground. If he contributed to opposition goals (which is unlikely) he more than made up for it with his elite disposal and rebounding football.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:00 pm 
Craig Bradley

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/teams/ ... Iz4z8bWsAs

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:20 pm 
Robert Walls

Heavs wrote:
They have been gifted so many exciting under 22yo players. They might kick 100 on us. But my goodness Charlie and Harry are going to have a good day.

EFA

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:22 pm 
Robert Walls

bondiblue wrote:
Cazzesman wrote:
bondiblue wrote:

Regards Cazzesman

CCJ played CHF yesterday.
CCJ is the Fwd Ruck when Xerri needs a chop out. Xerri was main ruck for most of the game.

CCJ is 200cm and mobile and started really well with a couple marks and a couple frees vs GWS, but Larkey was the main target in forwardline and looks like North like to run the ball up to forwardline and ball didn't seem to be headed to CCJ thereafter. He was subbed off in the 3rd for a mid.

Last year Kemp looked to have his first purple patch vs WCE, and a few OK games. He is developing and getting better. He's young and has only played 30? games so he's going to freak us out with some of the things he does.

But on Friday, I thought was his best game in the Navy Blue. If only he held that screamer. I'm glad he went for it. I just don't think its a fair to expect him to punch the ball away from a 200cm forward when he cant reach that high unless he's jumping. I think that's the main reason why he was dropped for the Prelim with Hipwood and Daniher as KPF's. He did have a bit of a stnker vs Dees.

Kemp will take over from Gov and Marchy one day, so its good to give him as much game time as we can, and too cruel to drop him after such a good game. I still prefer Kemp as a tall HBF. He's quick off the mark, and likes to attack.

Having said that, the way the ball was moved by North I dont think CCJ present as a big threat as Hipwood and Daniher.

Food for thought. Interesting to see what Vossy does.

Didn't he play on Juiced-Up-Joel???

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:50 pm 
Craig Bradley

Cazzesman wrote:

Regards Cazzesman

They may look at Elijah Hollands too. He is ready to go.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:19 am 
Ken Hunter

SurreyBlue wrote:
kingkerna wrote:
Rod Spooky Galt wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:

I can see why the glib tone of these replies would annoy you, but from your opening remarks I guess you were expecting to get short shrift. :)

One thing to consider here is that for the past year many posters have lamented our reliance on contested footy when the stats show that scores from turnover are the way to win a premiership (I disagreed with that and insisted that trends only last in footy until someone causes a paradigm shift, so why not us... but I digress). Against Richmond our scoring from turnover was very good, and McGovern was key to that, leading the team in intercept possessions, metres gained, kicks and score involvements. That suggests to me that he is performing a defensive role to a high level, even if it doesn't involve winning a lot of one-on-one duels.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:38 am 
Bruce Doull

McGovern shat himself once.
Young shat himself every time the ball came near him.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:12 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Let's see what the coaches' votes say...

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:13 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Wojee wrote:
McGovern shat himself once.
Young shat himself every time the ball came near him.

Yep. Gov had a couple of moments that wont look good on the review but his game overall was very good. I love his kicking. A game high 8 score involvements for a key/3rd tall defender is a brilliant effort. With Gov, Saad, Williams and Boyd, our back half transition has improved a heap. With Opposition forwards pushing up and Young being our deepest defender, the option presents too often to kick the ball to him which isn't overly productive to quick ball movement. It's something for the coaches to work on.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:28 am 
Ken Hunter

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1089935/big ... -melbourne

After reading about our past 5 week block, it looks like the club has set itself up well. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Regards Cazzesman

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:08 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Quote:
The Blues are confident defender Caleb Marchbank (illness) will return for Good Friday's game against the Kangaroos, with Weitering also a chance to feature, while Walsh and Jack Martin (knee) are also steadily building towards a return.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1089935/big-blues-break-carlton-take-unique-approach-to-early-season-bye-ahead-of-good-friday-game-against-north-melbourne

Does this sound like Marchbank will play against North? Does to me. Weitering must be close and probably has to get through the next 15 days training block.

Quote:
...returning stars like Jacob Weitering (calf) and Sam Walsh (back) are likely to hit the track early this week as they aim for impending comebacks.

Weitering has been on the track for several weeks now, and publicly, Weiters and Lloyd have stated Weiters return was always going to be the game after the bye.

Who goes out if both Marchbank and Weitering return to play Kangas? Pressure.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 231 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next