Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 2:25 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:49 am 
Rod Ashman

i think we missed a general in defence, be it weiters or doc. either one of them would have been a huge support for the defence

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:56 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

I can't believe more aren't ticked off with Charlie playing on in the goal square. If you mark the ball in the goal square just go back and kick the @#$%&! goal! Almost cost us the game. There were some terrible errors made tonight. And some really bad set shot goal kicking. We got away with it. That was a comfortable 5 goal victory made exceedingly difficult

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:10 am 
Harry Vallence

The_Cranium wrote:
I can't believe more aren't ticked off with Charlie playing on in the goal square. If you mark the ball in the goal square just go back and kick the @#$%&! goal! Almost cost us the game. There were some terrible errors made tonight. And some really bad set shot goal kicking. We got away with it. That was a comfortable 5 goal victory made exceedingly difficult

Definitely my biggest gripe of the game.
You can not miss from the goal square. Would've put us 3 goals up i think and snuffed out any chance the tigers had.

Just silly to play on. Crazy

Game awareness required

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:32 am 
Harry Vallence

An old fashioned game of football last night, despite a close tussle it never reached any dizzy heights as far as skill level. As Cazzesman said, we will take the points and bank a round two win.

Blue is the colour, Blue is our colourful conversation, football is the game, talking carlton is our aim, we're all together, we're all together, winning is our aim, arguing is a pain, let's debate for gain. .. .!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:55 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Still have to significantly improve our kicks in to F50.

Too much long bombs still, often to an outnumbered tall. Skill execution and decision making not great either.

We had it camped in our half in the second quarter and I didn’t see much movement or system with our forwards.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 6:09 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

diesel_85 wrote:
The_Cranium wrote:

Definitely my biggest gripe of the game.
You can not miss from the goal square. Would've put us 3 goals up i think and snuffed out any chance the tigers had.

Just silly to play on. Crazy

Game awareness required
I was more ticked off with Charlie in 3rd when we ran it through the middle with a chain of handballs it got to Charlie 20 meters out he had one tiger player between him and the goals and Owies and Harry running free towards goal square and a simple handball over top was a certain goal and tries to snap it around the corner.
Selfish play

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 6:44 am 
Ken Hunter

The_Cranium wrote:
It worked for Acres in the semi LOL

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 6:53 am 
Bruce Doull

Traveller86 wrote:
According to the socials, the umpires gifted Carlton the win!
Richmond got 4 of their first 5 goals directly from iffy umpiring.

Sent from my SM-S921B using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 6:57 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

one thing that filled my heart was the looks on richmond post game. they played their grand final last night. went all out, and lost.

excellent.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:08 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

diesel_85 wrote:
CK95 wrote:
I was disappointed in Durdin. With Rich so undermanned I thought he'd come on & kill it, but only saw him briefly.

Cripps super but we don't want to keep relying on him. Thought George started well in the middle but faded. Carroll looks like an absolute win, especially in traffic. Looking forward to him against North.

Charlie had his moments but flower he's just not very smart at all :lol:

I think the guy we're really missing is jack Martin. Forward line just seemed lame for the most part.

Funny saying this at Rd 2 but I really think we need the bye. It's been hectic. As others have said, media would have been dreadful if we'd lost that. Because to be fair to Richmond, that was gutsy by them.

Suck shit Shai Bolton though. Massive karma bus delivery right there at the end!!

Sent from my Nokia G21 using Tapatalk

I still have the image of him running into open goal holding the ball out to doc like a showpony. Was that 2 years ago?
Flog

Attachment:
IMG_20240314_225805.jpg
IMG_20240314_225805.jpg [ 74.14 KiB | Viewed 244 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:15 am 
Rod McGregor

Good to get the win. Wasn't pretty. Too many skill errors and poor decisions that against a better team would have cost us. Richmond were spotted at least 4 goals by some dodgy umpiring. On the other hand we cost ourselves a few goals with stupid decisions and poor execution. Overall we were the better team and deserved the win. Hopefully the players learn from this and do better in the future.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:21 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

missnaut wrote:
The_Cranium wrote:
It worked for Acres in the semi LOL

Just!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:25 am 
Laurie Kerr

Only second game, but..
Blues are top of the ladder & pies are 18th.. mmmmmmm

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:28 am 
Robert Walls

The_Cranium wrote:

Agree about Charlie. Needs a kick up the backside. Also needs another kick up the backside when he tries to fire in those 40m "worm burners" into the corridor which take extraordinary skill

They missed some sitters as well. In fact, I will say that if Prestia plays, we lose that game

We won...I'm rapt!!

We probably should have lost, notwithstanding the fact that they got 2 bs free kicks at the start

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:32 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Think Voss mentioned in the press conference that Carlton kicked 9 goals from transition? Nice to see the game style evolving.

Wasn't a centre bounce/clearance domination but still ended up with 65 inside 50s.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:42 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Take the 4 and run.

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:03 am 
Harry Vallence

RickJ wrote:
Must persist with Kemp despite his clangers. Contested intercept marking is absolute Gold. Can’t coach that can’t buy that. Can coach the other stuff out of him. Don’t want to make him too frightened to make a mistake or he’ll start punching everything, not marking when he can and will hold the ball when he has it, not take a risk and just kick it safe 15 metres behind him. Young players are at risk for this.

This. This kid could be a star for us for years to come.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:07 am 
Ken Hunter

CK95 wrote:
I was disappointed in Durdin. With Rich so undermanned I thought he'd come on & kill it, but only saw him briefly.

Cripps super but we don't want to keep relying on him. Thought George started well in the middle but faded. Carroll looks like an absolute win, especially in traffic. Looking forward to him against North.

Charlie had his moments but flower he's just not very smart at all :lol:

I think the guy we're really missing is jack Martin. Forward line just seemed lame for the most part.

Funny saying this at Rd 2 but I really think we need the bye. It's been hectic. As others have said, media would have been dreadful if we'd lost that. Because to be fair to Richmond, that was gutsy by them.

Suck shit Shai Bolton though. Massive karma bus delivery right there at the end!!

Agree re bye - Voss said we played a different style knowing we had two tough games and then the early bye. Plus it's another week for our injured players to recover.

Martin and I guess JSOS are those mid size forwards we do miss especially with Fantasia and Durdin being very quiet.

Shai Bolton was rubbish all game too haha.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:08 am 
Wayne Johnston

Thought we blew a few chances on the fast break early by going in too long. Prefer when we take one extra possession and open up the fwd line. Our inexperienced players made mistakes that cost us goals early too. Made it harder than it had to be.
Only heard in passing but I think Voss mentioned we haven't tapered off heavy training loads yet and gambled to get through to the bye. We should be flying over the next month if that is the case and explains the heavy legs over the last two games.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:16 am 
Ken Hunter

99prelim wrote:
The_Cranium wrote:

Agree about Charlie. Needs a kick up the backside. Also needs another kick up the backside when he tries to fire in those 40m "worm burners" into the corridor which take extraordinary skill

They missed some sitters as well. In fact, I will say that if Prestia plays, we lose that game

We won...I'm rapt!!

We probably should have lost, notwithstanding the fact that they got 2 bs free kicks at the start

I was livid with Charlie most of the night. The goal square incident was the obvious one, but I was also disproportionately annoyed in the first 15 seconds when we were 35m from goal and about to earn a stoppage that would have created early pressure, but he grabs the ball and tries an impossible shot that flew 20m wide of the behind post and gave them an easy escape. Just foolish, self centred play. You get some good and some bad from Charlie, last night was more bad than good but it's a price worth paying for the good... although I do sometimes wonder whether cutting some of the bad would come at the expense of the good! I guess we'll never know.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next