Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:50 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:11 pm 
Bruce Doull

And as a tribute to Wallsy, I'm saying we look rubbish :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:36 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

The first round line up in 2023 for the Tigers isn't much different to that of Tigers of 2024 if Lynch Martin and Nankervis all play.
We drew that game, and as many suspected we were not playing good footy in that game. We gifted them 2 points.

A lot has changed since that first round draw last year.

Reiwoldt and Cotchin who troubled us on the return game in the wet at the G in 2022 have retired.

196 KPD, Gibcus has returned to their line up this year and will have to face either Harry or Charlie.

Lynch kicked 3 against Weiters in 2023, and Young beat Reiwoldt to be one of our best on the night.

This week Young will have to take on the underdone, albeit dangerous Lynch.

But this week is not about Lewis vs Lynch. This week is about our newfound mantra since last year's draw. Team defence, pressure and contest and playing for each other is a game style we made our own to win 9 consecutive games and 2 Finals playing "our" way. That recipe for success returned to our group after the 19 minute mark of the second last week. We are "on".

Thursday night may be a tad slippery but not wet, but given players like Harry and Charlie handled the slippery 80% humidity at the Gabba, they will be able to handle this week's conditions.

The game is not about individuals who are playing or not playing due to injury/suspension this Thursday, its about the belief of this group in playing the game on our terms, for longer in front of their supporters; the 19th man.

Baggers will bring the noise.

We should win this by more than 5 goals. I'm going to back Carlton to win by 46 points because I believe the Blues believe they can beat any team playing our way.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:56 pm 
Bruce Doull

Hello….

long time reader first time wonderer….but do
the teams come out tomorrow or tonight….?

i believe it’s tomorrow…but just wonderin”…!

kindest regards tommi

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:25 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

It’s not on every line but we’ve got some serious depth now.

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:41 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:49 pm 
Serge Silvagni

jezzarules wrote:

Will make our win even more enjoyable

Than I used to, my love

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:11 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Sure, its only words, but as expected, the Tigers were embarrassed by their display vs GWS last week, and will come out firing.

Quote:
Short was one of the senior Tigers including Tim Taranto and Dion Prestia highlighted by Footy Classified’s Kane Cornes on Monday for missing tackles and costly turnovers.

The 28-year-old doesn’t shy away from the criticism, saying: “I’m always looking to get better and improve as a player.”

But he said the “tough” conversations inside Punt Rd meant more to him.

“Obviously, our contest work in the first two quarters was pretty down and we reviewed that the next day and had some pretty honest conversations around that,” he said.

“We can expect a lot better this week, the boys really want to get to work.

“They are embarrassed about how we started and it is something we want to rectify.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/afl-round-1-predicted-teams-how-every-club-is-likely-to-lineup/news-story/6af444bb978d369cbebf7c2c816f62bb

We on the other hand, have to quell their enthusiasm with another hard at the nut and man approach; withstand their initial onslaught, and continue to play our way with pressure and contest.

If we play our way, there's only so far enthusiasm and embarrassment will get them.

In the 2nd half last week we defended the corridor and attacked through it. This is an area we seem to have improved thus far this year. Tiges like the handball game through the corridor. If we can lock that up again, we will beat the Tiges.

Yesterday, after viewing last couple of games vs Tigers, I expected to win tomorrow by 5 goals plus. I even thought 46 points may be the margin. Still might, but am thinking 5 goal win with Harry and Charlie to dominate their backline. Balta and Lynch will be their 2 prong attack. Its our home game. We will have the 19th man on the field.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:00 am 
Wayne Johnston

Crusader wrote:
Agree with Cincotta or Cowan as the sub. Whichever of them has a better handle on the defensive structure.

Motlop in for Owies could be the change that sets Fantasia alight. Owies is a doer & Vossy loves him, but there’s an air of danger about a Motlop/Fantasia combination.

I think Kennedy stays in that ‘bit of everything’ role, but if Dusty & Nankervis come in it’ll change the mix a bit.

I think Yze’s insecurities are getting the better of him. We’re going to wipe the floor with this mob.

IN: Motlop Cowan
OUT: Owies Docherty

Blues by 70.

No way we should be dropping Owies, he embodies our winning approach. A combination of Fantasia and Motlop is a front runner combination, we need a team that’s ready to do the hard work.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:42 am 
Rod Ashman

Can’t see anyone being dropped after that performance.
I thought Hollands was a bit fumbly and below his usual standard but his effort and attack were all right up there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:57 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

17th Premiership wrote:
Can’t see anyone being dropped after that performance.
I thought Hollands was a bit fumbly and below his usual standard but his effort and attack were all right up there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fumbled more than others in slippery conditions, but his effort and doubling up second efforts closed down space and time for Lions.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:59 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

There's a lot of talk that Moir is close to making his debut.

If he does debut this week, I don't think he will be sub.

Maybe Carroll to continue playing the Dow role, as sub, whilst Walsh is out.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:03 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Joshua Dawe
@joshuadawe9
Debut watch at Carlton with draftee Ashton Moir getting a big hug from one of the Blues assistants at today’s captains run.

Jesse Motlop (toe) did some brief indoor kicking but left before the main squad arrived.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:05 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

sinbagger wrote:
Crusader wrote:
Agree with Cincotta or Cowan as the sub. Whichever of them has a better handle on the defensive structure.

Motlop in for Owies could be the change that sets Fantasia alight. Owies is a doer & Vossy loves him, but there’s an air of danger about a Motlop/Fantasia combination.

I think Kennedy stays in that ‘bit of everything’ role, but if Dusty & Nankervis come in it’ll change the mix a bit.

I think Yze’s insecurities are getting the better of him. We’re going to wipe the floor with this mob.

IN: Motlop Cowan
OUT: Owies Docherty

Blues by 70.

No way we should be dropping Owies, he embodies our winning approach. A combination of Fantasia and Motlop is a front runner combination, we need a team that’s ready to do the hard work.

Owies and Fogarty give us that energy sapping defensive forward pressure our game is based on. Both work too hard to ignore.

Motlop doesn't look like he will be playing this week.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:09 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Effes wrote:
Joshua Dawe
@joshuadawe9
Debut watch at Carlton with draftee Ashton Moir getting a big hug from one of the Blues assistants at today’s captains run.

Jesse Motlop (toe) did some brief indoor kicking but left before the main squad arrived.

So that's where it's coming from. Thanks Effes. :thumbsup:

Bloody exciting for Moir.
MCG home game initiation.
I hope its true.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:28 am 
Harry Vallence

bondiblue wrote:
Sure, its only words, but as expected, the Tigers were embarrassed by their display vs GWS last week, and will come out firing.

Quote:
Short was one of the senior Tigers including Tim Taranto and Dion Prestia highlighted by Footy Classified’s Kane Cornes on Monday for missing tackles and costly turnovers.

The 28-year-old doesn’t shy away from the criticism, saying: “I’m always looking to get better and improve as a player.”

But he said the “tough” conversations inside Punt Rd meant more to him.

“Obviously, our contest work in the first two quarters was pretty down and we reviewed that the next day and had some pretty honest conversations around that,” he said.

“We can expect a lot better this week, the boys really want to get to work.

“They are embarrassed about how we started and it is something we want to rectify.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/afl-round-1-predicted-teams-how-every-club-is-likely-to-lineup/news-story/6af444bb978d369cbebf7c2c816f62bb

We on the other hand, have to quell their enthusiasm with another hard at the nut and man approach; withstand their initial onslaught, and continue to play our way with pressure and contest.

If we play our way, there's only so far enthusiasm and embarrassment will get them.

In the 2nd half last week we defended the corridor and attacked through it. This is an area we seem to have improved thus far this year. Tiges like the handball game through the corridor. If we can lock that up again, we will beat the Tiges.

Yesterday, after viewing last couple of games vs Tigers, I expected to win tomorrow by 5 goals plus. I even thought 46 points may be the margin. Still might, but am thinking 5 goal win with Harry and Charlie to dominate their backline. Balta and Lynch will be their 2 prong attack. Its our home game. We will have the 19th man on the field.

They already came out firing after half time last week - it means nothing.

Class will win out at the end of the day.

Their players back will help them, but, Dusty in 2024 is not the Dusty of 2017, and Nank and Lynch may take a while to get going.

It's important that we don't let Lynch get going early - I remember Peter Wright killing us last year depsite being out for 12 weeks before.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:17 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

OUT: Docherty
IN: C Durdin

Bench: Boyd, C Durdin, M Kennedy, L Fogarty, J Carroll

Moir emergency

OUT: Koschitzke, Naismith, Banks, S Ryan
IN: Martin, Lynch, Nankervis, Mansell

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:55 pm 
Geoff Southby

Makes sense.
Cottrell to play Doc role then.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:24 pm 
formerly BlueRob

Does not make any sense :donk:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:41 am 
Bruce Doull

WOOHOO…..

for about 8 minutes this morning i thought
it was Wednesday…and excited about our
game tomorrow night…!

you can imagine how i felt when my brain caught
up with society a few minutes later…MOST joyful…!

kindest regards tommi

what’s with Sam Thaidays new hair plugs…?

pure 80’s approach….yikes…!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:02 am 
Ken Hunter

I feel weird about this game.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next