Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:18 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:19 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

i have a horrible feeling we might get pumped by 10 goals. still not convinced that our contested gameplan stands up. dees play similar and got railed when it mattered last night by a faster & slicker team. that 9-game win streak was my favourite part of being a cfc supporter in over two decades - but the fact it came about from injuries forcing change; rather than a philosophical shift to a run and carry gameplan, worries me to no end. we were bottom 4 last season when we played our style and it was only pure heart that got us our finals wins - which isn't a sustainable over the journey.

... still can't believe the afl messed with round 1.

concerned about weiters of course but he'll be back after the bye; walsh and martin are two guys we absolutely need, but their body's breakdown far too often... i'm surprised the conditioning staff let walsh got so hard tbh...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:23 pm 
Harry Vallence

Not sure we've got the cattle for this one. Poor scheduling in Brisbane of all places given our outs. Guess we'll have to wait til later to get a chance to beat them. Not confident but not concerned with a loss either.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:42 pm 
Bruce Doull

I hope Charlie is really feeling his finals performances, & goes berzerk.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:50 pm 
Craig Bradley

I just hope the club manages to get itself out of second gear.

The ressies lost to a hapless Coburg last night. Kicked 4.9 for the game.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 3:54 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Crusader wrote:
I just hope the club manages to get itself out of second gear.

The ressies lost to a hapless Coburg last night. Kicked 4.9 for the game.

OMG.

I suspect every player other than those listed injured played?

Maybe two of the emergencies Binns Cincotta and Pittonet travelled with the team.

That's awful to read.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:01 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Braithy wrote:
i have a horrible feeling we might get pumped by 10 goals. still not convinced that our contested gameplan stands up. dees play similar and got railed when it mattered last night by a faster & slicker team. that 9-game win streak was my favourite part of being a cfc supporter in over two decades - but the fact it came about from injuries forcing change; rather than a philosophical shift to a run and carry gameplan, worries me to no end. we were bottom 4 last season when we played our style and it was only pure heart that got us our finals wins - which isn't a sustainable over the journey.

concerned about weiters of course but he'll be back after the bye; walsh and martin are two guys we absolutely need, but their body's breakdown far too often... i'm surprised the conditioning staff let walsh got so hard tbh...

I'm nervous too. But really looking forward to see if the boys can overcome the odds like we did against top 8 teams last year, when we had important mids missing.

Last night suited Swans more than Dees. Humid and slippery. Dees did not adapt and tried to play a handball running game whereas Swans took territory with a kicking game.

If the conditions are the same tonight, and it looks likely, they may suit our contested game

23 vs 23.

Smaller solid players Zorko Raynor and Berry forward of centre are my biggest worries. Hopefully a shorter more mobile backline does the trick.

Its time for Cripps to stand up to Dunkley, and TDK to be an extra mid against the cumbersome McInerney.

Fingers crossed. Its not impossible.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:11 pm 
Rod Ashman

The last time we played them Cripps was severely banged up pretty badly and carrying a mattress around his torso!
They have weapons but we do too.
We blitzed last year not because of forced changes but because we focused on all-ground defence and being brutal in the contest. It also coincided with Martin, Cunningham and Fogarty coming in.
We didn’t press hard against the Demons and they were fired up to make a stand (a week too early as it turned out).
The Swans were missing key players from their midfield and still smashed the Dees in their midfield.
With Weitering and Walsh and Martin and Marchbank out, I am not expecting to win by more than 8 goals!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:44 pm 
Ken Hunter

Crisps is 29. He’s been carrying us for ten years and been hit from pillar to post. I just don’t think he can do what he does for 24+ weeks.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:49 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

bondiblue wrote:
Braithy wrote:

I'm nervous too. But really looking forward to see if the boys can overcome the odds like we did against top 8 teams last year, when we had important mids missing.

Last night suited Swans more than Dees. Humid and slippery. Dees did not adapt and tried to play a handball running game whereas Swans took territory with a kicking game.

If the conditions are the same tonight, and it looks likely, they may suit our contested game

23 vs 23.

Smaller solid players Zorko Raynor and Berry forward of centre are my biggest worries. Hopefully a shorter more mobile backline does the trick.

Its time for Cripps to stand up to Dunkley, and TDK to be an extra mid against the cumbersome McInerney.

Fingers crossed. Its not impossible.

i would take an honourable loss and a clean bill of health.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:53 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Hopefully the boys can draw on Wallsy's strength tonight.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/ ... position=1

Quote:
It was time, a pragmatic Robert Walls says, to tell his story to try to help others.
His is jarring.

On the Tuesday before last year’s AFL grand final, Walls was told he had between one and three months to live.

The diagnosis of acute lymphoblastic leukaemia, a rare and aggressive blood cancer which affects about 200 people in Australia each year, landed like a torpedo to the head.

Five or so months later, and still enduring 24/7 chemotherapy treatment, Walls says it is in remission.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 5:27 pm 
Bruce Doull

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=38006

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6