Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:37 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: BEST 23 - 2024
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2023 2:03 pm 
Bruce Doull

Eddie I mean.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2023 3:42 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

CK95 wrote:
Eddie I mean.

Diesel once ran a 15m sprint in under 10 seconds.

Mort Sahl

Post subject: BEST 23 - 2024
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2023 10:22 pm 
Bruce Doull

Was Rhys' jaw on the other end of the 15m? :lol:

Sent from my Nokia G21 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2023 10:25 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

That’s the one! :lol:

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 8:36 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

You guys are hilarious. So apt. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 8:39 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

As expected, Elijah Hollands looking the goods to be considered Best 23 2024.

If Fantasia can stay fit he is our best small forward. Motlop and Durdin will learn a few tricks and progress quicker with the addition of Fantasia.

Pressure for spots is going to serve us well in 2024.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 9:10 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

My Best 23 at the end of 2023 was the following if all fit.

IN: Williams Fantasia E.Hollands

I will reconsider this Best 23 after the next 8 week training block when I can get a closer look.

B: McGovern Weitering Newman
HB: Saad Marchbank Williams
C: O.Hollands Cripps Acres
HF: Cottrell McKay Martin
F: Fantasia Curnow DeKoning

R: Pittonet Walsh Cerra

I: Docherty Boyd Hewett E.Hollands

E: Cuningham Durdin Motlop Kennedy

I'm a fan of Cuningham, but feel E.Hollands versatility and physical game will bump him out altogether.
between Durdin and Motlop for the forward 7 given I'm backing the status quo 2 rucks.
E.Hollands and Docherty will play midfield and wing roles. They help midfield rotations.
I have Hewett ahead of Kennedy for speed and is more nimble and dual sided than Kennedy.

it's the speed of Durdin vs the long kicking goals of Motlop.
Both can tackle well.
I'll go with Durdin's speed for now (plus we forgot how good this kid is after missing with injury for most 2023, but I have a strong feeling with Fantasia onboard, Motlop will add another string to his bow and have his break out year earlier than I expected. Its line ball. I liked Motlops game in the Prelim and its his spot to lose, but I can see both playing together many games this year because there's always injuries.

All 4 emergencies have a case.

JSOS, Kemp, Cincotta, also have a great case for selection. Cincotta is a footballers footballer imo, and can easily be selected ahead of Boyd.
Binns is ready if there's injury to a wingman and need to keep Cottrell as a HHF, as the case is for Young if Weitering doesn't step up. Young ahead of S.Durdin for his closing speed, spoiling and marking.

Surprise packets for me may be Cowan, and he played the first 7 rounds last year at 18 yo (impressive), and I haven't seen Moir and Wilson in the flesh, but if we need speed in the midfield or x factor at HF, they may debut this year.

Depth is great in 2024....JSOS as back up ruck will do, and Mirkov is in his last year as rookie, so he's playing for his future.

Bounce the fkn ball....can't wait to get to training.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:37 pm 
Laurie Kerr

Has anybody updated that old tool/virtual whiteboard for the best 22? Or was that just a Jimmae thing?

The exercise feels more fun when you're moving the magnets

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:19 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Jimmae was a tool yep

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:25 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

But credit where it's due - this is great...

http://jimmae.epizy.com/teamboard.html?i=1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:02 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

DocSherrin III wrote:
But credit where it's due - this is great...

http://jimmae.epizy.com/teamboard.html?i=1

He keeps it up to date too!

I'm pickin' up good (bone) vibrations.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:32 am 
Ken Hunter

B: McGovern Kemp Newman
HB: Saad Weitering Williams
HF: E.Hollands McKay Martin
F: Fantasia Curnow Motlop

R: Dekoning Walsh Cerra

I: Docherty Kennedy Hewett Cottrell

E: Marchbank Cuningham Durdin

Some Notes:
One Ruck.
I am a fan of Kennedy and Hewett. Both hard and finals players when in form. Their leg speed can be covered with the inclusion of Williams and Fantasia.
A fit and healthy Fantasia just gets the nod over Cunningham and Durdin because of his experience, speed and goal kicking.
Kemp gets first go ahead of Marchbank based on last years form.
The Doc might struggle to get a game when all are fit.
The 4 on the Interchange bench could be made up from about 8 others, so I think we are in good shape.

Regards Cazzesman

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:28 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Hey Cazz, do you think Vossy and the MC will go with one ruck, or that's your preference?

Over summer the reporting around Carlton's ruck has highlighted on the 2 big boys training to building better synergy and timing with role relief and change in 2024; something they didn't get a chance to do last preseason, or first half season, due to Pittos knee injury.

Pitto's knee still isn't 100%, but he's out there day after day plying his trade. I doubt he will available to play every game.

McKay has also been doing some ruck work practice too, but whether the MC want him to play ruck around the ground will be interesting. I expect Harry to ruck in the forward line as he always has.

What's your contingency if TDK's thighs or sciatic nerve is targeted and he is maimed? (I trained with a VFL team when I was Under 19's and I heard that preached a fair bit. I bet it still is, and I expect NM will display this kind of mongrel this year :wink: ).

I suspect your emergency Durdin is Corey, not Sam. I maybe wrong.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:37 am 
Ken Hunter

Hi Bondi,

That's just my take. Pitto is just an Okay ruckman but he does very little around the ground. I would rather have a runner or a supporting onballer taking that spot on the bench. If Pitto can start to contribute more, then terrific. If not then Harry, Crippa, Kennedy can pinch hit, to give D'king a spell.

Having said all that.............if Vossy wants to go with Pitto/D'king then let's see how it works on game day.

And yes Corey Durdin.

Regards Cazzesman

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:38 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

My smokey for 2024 is Wilson.

Wilson has been really impressive. Despite his inexperience, he takes the game on with confidence of a seasoned player. Seems as tough as the seasoned mids, but quicker and better disposal. He's a beauty.

Like Cazz suggested,
Quote:
The 4 on the Interchange bench could be made up from about 8 others
, and for that reason on my personal best 23, I have 8 emergencies who will get a shot this year, and may take their chance with both hands. Ive got Wilson on my list of 8 emergencies.

Good to hear Fantasia's pace is standing out at training amongst the small forwards. Go the Skeeters.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:45 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Cazzesman wrote:
Hi Bondi,

That's just my take. Pitto is just an Okay ruckman but he does very little around the ground. I would rather have a runner or a supporting onballer taking that spot on the bench. If Pitto can start to contribute more, then terrific. If not then Harry, Crippa, Kennedy can pinch hit, to give D'king a spell.

Having said all that.............if Vossy wants to go with Pitto/D'king then let's see how it works on game day.

And yes Corey Durdin.

Regards Cazzesman

Pitto has to step up if Vossy continues to go with 2 rucks.

I agree Pitto does very little around the ground other than try and impede the opposition ruckman running forward eg Gawn. Needs to take more marks to make us all happy, and a bit of forward craft he was working on in 2022 has bared no fruit. Not one goal last year.

I'm expecting to see him show up his newfound blind turn here and there which he unveiled two in the match simulation, which left the players :eek: and :clap: and :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:10 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Cazzesman wrote:
Hi Bondi,

And yes Corey Durdin.

Regards Cazzesman

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1075439/car ... alf-injury

Quote:
Ollie Hollands has spent more time playing as an inside midfielder after his excellent debut season on the wing, and the Blues will toy with using Harry McKay more in the ruck at times

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:24 am 
Geoff Southby

Makes sense, his inside work is great, but his outside work is average for a wing, especially his disposals and pace.
He needs to put on more kgs if he is going to run in the middle though, he was too easily brushed aside last year.
I think I'm more excited to see Billy running through the middle this year.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 8:37 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Cazzesman wrote:

Some Notes:
One Ruck.
I am a fan of Kennedy and Hewett. Both hard and finals players when in form. Their leg speed can be covered with the inclusion of Williams and Fantasia.
A fit and healthy Fantasia just gets the nod over Cunningham and Durdin because of his experience, speed and goal kicking.
The 4 on the Interchange bench could be made up from about 8 others, so I think we are in good shape.

Regards Cazzesman

I like it but I'd have Boyd in my 23. He provides more flexibility than Doc as the rotating defender. Can lock down a small back or play high and his ball use is first class. I agree E Hollands takes Cunningham spot as a forward mid. Boyd in the 22 and Hewett or Doc as 23rd. Other than that, I think it's a very good side. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:03 pm 
Ken Hunter

Blue Vain wrote:
Cazzesman wrote:

Some Notes:
One Ruck.

Regards Cazzesman

I like it but I'd have Boyd in my 23. He provides more flexibility than Doc as the rotating defender. Can lock down a small back or play high and his ball use is first class. I agree E Hollands takes Cunningham spot as a forward mid. Boyd in the 22 and Hewett or Doc as 23rd. Other than that, I think it's a very good side. :thumbsup:

Yeah I think you got me there BV. I probably went the sympathy vote with Doc. He is not in our best 22 if all are fit.

I think he is one of the 8/10 that will float through the Interchange bench in 2024.

Regards Cazzesman

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next