Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 12:07 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 489 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 25  Next
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2023 12:12 pm 
Ken Hunter

Just let this sink in. We will have our best side in, including our missing forwards. We will be in this game knee deep.
Go baggers - dare to dream. F@#$Ing we should all DARE TO DREAM now!!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2023 12:29 pm 
Wayne Johnston

Braithy wrote:
Lowey_47 wrote:
Did I hear correctly this will be a twilight match? Assuming so carlton can return home Saturday night. This sucks a bit as I don't think ill be able to make the game if its an earlier start.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

want it late as possible tbf ... bris is hitting the 30's next week

Currently saying 25 for Saturday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2023 12:43 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

With Harry, Daniher and Hipwood this could be a miss a thon

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2023 1:09 pm 
Craig Bradley

Lowey_47 wrote:
Did I hear correctly this will be a twilight match? Assuming so carlton can return home Saturday night. This sucks a bit as I don't think ill be able to make the game if its an earlier start.

Fox Footy said it depends on the results of tonight's game. GWS win then we play Friday night as GWS would only have a 6 days break on top of having to get home.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2023 1:27 pm 
Bruce Doull

If ours is on the Saturday we should request it at night. Screw the late return to Melbourne

Sent from my Nokia G21 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2023 1:34 pm 
Ken Hunter

jim wrote:
Lowey_47 wrote:

Fox Footy said it depends on the results of tonight's game. GWS win then we play Friday night as GWS would only have a 6 days break on top of having to get home.
A lot of people have booked flights based on it being Saturday....!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2023 1:45 pm 
Wayne Johnston

Harry and Martin are the two certain changes. I would think Kennedy probably makes way for Harry since he effectively took his role in the team.

For Martin it has to be one of Owies, Cuningham, or Fogarty. I think as a group we don’t quite get enough out of these guys. They all play their role but too often they don’t impact the game. When you get 5-10 touches, you have to make them count and last night all 3 of these guys butchered multiple chances, particularly Fogarty.

Motlop is a cut above that group IMO. He’s so much more dangerous around goal and he only needs a few touches to hurt the opposition. He also leads the team in F50 tackles, so he’s an automatic selection for mine. Thought it was madness he didn’t start against Sydney and last night he showed why he should have.

I think Owies stays because he always manages to pop up with his goal or two. I would probably drop Fogarty, his kicking is just so ordinary and he doesn’t hurt the opposition when he gets the ball. At least Cunners can impact the game IF he manages to get his hands on the ball. But I suspect they’ll drop Cuningham. Cottrell is safe due to his running power and his game vs Sydney.

Outside that I can’t see us making any more changes. Could be tempting to drop a tall defender for another small given Brisbane’s plethora of dangerous small forwards. Kemp, Gov, and Cincotta were way too loose at times last night and struggled on the smaller more nimble types. I hate the thought of one of them on Charlie Cameron, Raynor, Bailey, McCarthy, Ah Chee. They really do have an embarrassment of riches in their small-medium forward stocks. That’s the biggest threat in this game IMO.

Kemp needs to learn when to punch and when to mark. Again last night he got out marked trying to pluck one from behind in D50. He also left his man and got stuck in no man’s land a few times. Needs to balance his offensive and defensive mindset and be a bit more accountable.

I still don’t think Pitto is in our best 22 once Harry is back and would rather JSOS, but can understand not wanting to bring in a player into a prelim who hasn’t played for 2 months. Pitto is a pretty limited footballer and does some really dumb things. He knocked it straight down the throat of Melbourne players too much last night, a couple of times completely uncontested too.

The sub has to be a runner. Hollands did well last night giving us that extra run when everyone was spent and giving us an extra number at the contest. I would still lean towards Dow as I think he can win the ball at the source late in the game. He’s had a huge impact coming on as a sub this season.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2023 2:13 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

jake_h03 wrote:
Harry and Martin are the two certain changes. I would think Kennedy probably makes way for Harry since he effectively took his role in the team.

For Martin it has to be one of Owies, Cuningham, or Fogarty. I think as a group we don’t quite get enough out of these guys. They all play their role but too often they don’t impact the game. When you get 5-10 touches, you have to make them count and last night all 3 of these guys butchered multiple chances, particularly Fogarty.

Motlop is a cut above that group IMO. He’s so much more dangerous around goal and he only needs a few touches to hurt the opposition. He also leads the team in F50 tackles, so he’s an automatic selection for mine. Thought it was madness he didn’t start against Sydney and last night he showed why he should have.

I think Owies stays because he always manages to pop up with his goal or two. I would probably drop Fogarty, his kicking is just so ordinary and he doesn’t hurt the opposition when he gets the ball. At least Cunners can impact the game IF he manages to get his hands on the ball. But I suspect they’ll drop Cuningham. Cottrell is safe due to his running power and his game vs Sydney.

Outside that I can’t see us making any more changes. Could be tempting to drop a tall defender for another small given Brisbane’s plethora of dangerous small forwards. Kemp, Gov, and Cincotta were way too loose at times last night and struggled on the smaller more nimble types. I hate the thought of one of them on Charlie Cameron, Raynor, Bailey, McCarthy, Ah Chee. They really do have an embarrassment of riches in their small-medium forward stocks. That’s the biggest threat in this game IMO.

Kemp needs to learn when to punch and when to mark. Again last night he got out marked trying to pluck one from behind in D50. He also left his man and got stuck in no man’s land a few times. Needs to balance his offensive and defensive mindset and be a bit more accountable.

I still don’t think Pitto is in our best 22 once Harry is back and would rather JSOS, but can understand not wanting to bring in a player into a prelim who hasn’t played for 2 months. Pitto is a pretty limited footballer and does some really dumb things. He knocked it straight down the throat of Melbourne players too much last night, a couple of times completely uncontested too.

The sub has to be a runner. Hollands did well last night giving us that extra run when everyone was spent and giving us an extra number at the contest. I would still lean towards Dow as I think he can win the ball at the source late in the game. He’s had a huge impact coming on as a sub this season.

Pitto is in our best 22
Watch the game FFS
He was huge last night kept there most influential player and best ruck in the league pretty quiet

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2023 2:32 pm 
Wayne Johnston

I’d have Kennedy as sub, he can play HBF, HFF as well as onball. You need fresh legs and toughness in the last quarter. Dow is ok, but he really only impacts onball so doesn’t provide as much flexibility.

Harry and Martin in
Cuningham, Kennedy and Hollands out.

If Doc is out then Hollands stays in. We will need run on the big Brisbane ground.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2023 2:41 pm 
Harry Vallence

I'll say it here. We will beat Brisbane.

Blue is the colour, Blue is our colourful conversation, football is the game, talking carlton is our aim, we're all together, we're all together, winning is our aim, arguing is a pain, let's debate for gain. .. .!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2023 2:43 pm 
Ken Hunter

missnaut wrote:
jim wrote:
Lowey_47 wrote:

A lot of people have booked flights based on it being Saturday....!

I know someone who has done that. Booked a flight for 6am Saturday. There may be disappointed supporters.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2023 2:47 pm 
Wayne Johnston

Sydney Blue wrote:
jake_h03 wrote:

Pitto is in our best 22
Watch the game FFS
He was huge last night kept there most influential player and best ruck in the league pretty quiet

I watched the game, FFS.

He’s not in my best 22. It’s called an opinion. I think our team is better balanced with JSOS but I would pick Pitto for the rest of the season due to JSOS lack of match fitness.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2023 3:19 pm 
Geoff Southby

Carlton 15.7.97
Bris 12.17.89

Daniher 1.5 (inc 2 posters, 1 touched by Acres)
Harry 4.0
Charlie 3.2

Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2023 3:34 pm 
Serge Silvagni

79Vintage wrote:
I'll say it here. We will beat Brisbane.

100%

They won't know what hit them.

Fagan was at the G last night, don't think he would have learned any 'take homes' other than to be very worried about Blues Ferocity!

:lol:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2023 3:38 pm 
Robert Walls

Just popping in to say hello.

Many of you on this site have been through so much. I remember hanging on Synbad’s every word around trade period. Hell, I remember hanging on every trade period while we tried to find some side in September who we could possibly barrack for against Collingwood or *.

I remember taking deep joy from the * supplements scandal with many of you, I am sure we all took greater pleasure because we knew our own cause at Princes Park was so hopeless. We rode the waves of promise. Denis Pagan was going to save us, Greg Swann was going to save us, Chris Judd was going to save us. Mick Malthouse was never going to save us, but David Buttifant might have. Marc Murphy was going to play in a flag, Bryce Gibbs was number one pick in a super draft, Matty Kreuzer was the best young tall in years. There was the Fev Brownlow scandal. Great players like Scotland, Houlihan, and Betts came and went without any success.

And on this website, you all hung in there. Each and every one of you.

This team cracks in for the guernsey as well as any Carlton side I can remember. As supporters, we no longer expect success. We are just damn well praying for it.

At the Gabba is a free hit. The lads will crack in hard and go for it all over again. Meanwhile, we should sit down with a smile on our faces as we watch them. We’ve all been waiting for it for a hell of a long time.

Well done to everyone on TC for keeping the faith over the past two decades. It has been quite the ride. Go Blues. Two more games!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2023 4:12 pm 
Bruce Doull

Wonderful post, great to see you Molly

Sent from my Nokia G21 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2023 4:16 pm 
Harry Vallence

killpies wrote:
Not a fan of starting Hollands, he'll get rag dolled at the start, happy to have him as sub later in the game

Yeah agree. I love the kid but he's not strong enough at this stage in his career, sub for mine. I'd like to see Dow make the team. Doc may not play next week, and gee, Acres looks sore. There may be a few forced changes.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2023 4:21 pm 
Ken Hunter

Yes, nice to hear from Molly. However, I'd say that's the first and last time Houlihan will be placed alongside Betts and Scotland as a great.

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2023 4:28 pm 
Harry Vallence

Can't see Pitto being dropped, I thought he went okay. If he wasn't in the ruck in the last minute we could well have lost, beat Gawn in 2 ruck contests.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2023 4:37 pm 
Geoff Southby

cortez wrote:
Can't see Pitto being dropped, I thought he went okay. If he wasn't in the ruck in the last minute we could well have lost, beat Gawn in 2 ruck contests.

I couldn’t believe Gawn didn’t hit those balls into space. Either he was absolutely buggered or Pittonet played it perfectly - or maybe a bit of both?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 489 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 25  Next