Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 5:03 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 388 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2023 1:25 pm 
Harry Vallence

Blue Vain wrote:
7 years x 800k for a decoy forward?
We don't know if Harry will be relieving ruck but if he is, perhaps he has suggested it. He has played well below his best as a forward all season so perhaps he can see an opportunity to have a real impact in another role. I doubt it will occur but if it does, fantastic. I hope it is a huge benefit to him and the team.

How is it making him a "decoy"?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2023 2:27 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Posters are inferring Charlie kicked goals because Harry dragged his opponent away from the contest. Sounds like a decoy to me

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2023 3:42 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Blue Vain wrote:
Posters are inferring Charlie kicked goals because Harry dragged his opponent away from the contest. Sounds like a decoy to me

No doubt he has at times played a decoy role since he's comeback early from a long lay off with knee injury.
He's only played 1 game, so lets not pigeon hole him yet. He's also done other things.
When he left the forward line Harry's led up and taken marks and passed the ball around. He didn't play solely as a decoy. Its a tactic.

Hopefully he is getting back into the groove giving defenders a dependable marking target as an outlet (of which our rucks have yet to offer)...and many other roles.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2023 4:58 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

bondiblue wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:

No doubt he has at times played a decoy role since he's comeback early from a long lay off with knee injury.
He's only played 1 game, so lets not pigeon hole him yet. He's also done other things.
When he left the forward line Harry's led up and taken marks and passed the ball around. He didn't play solely as a decoy. Its a tactic.

Hopefully he is getting back into the groove giving defenders a dependable marking target as an outlet (of which our rucks have yet to offer)...and many other roles.

:grin:
Don't take it too seriously Bondi. I was stirring up Syd. The point is he isn't performing to his potential as a forward and hasn't all year. Yes he is a marking target up the ground but he kicks it poorly, whether up the ground or in front of goal. He needs to find another role (Forward/Ruck) because he's not playing to his potential. Hopefully if he get's a run on the ball, it get's him more involved and gives him some confidence. He's a gun when he's at his best but he's been well below it this year.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2023 5:20 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Blue Vain wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:

:grin:
Don't take it too seriously Bondi. I was stirring up Syd. The point is he isn't performing to his potential as a forward and hasn't all year. Yes he is a marking target up the ground but he kicks it poorly, whether up the ground or in front of goal. He needs to find another role (Forward/Ruck) because he's not playing to his potential. Hopefully if he get's a run on the ball, it get's him more involved and gives him some confidence. He's a gun when he's at his best but he's been well below it this year.
Ooi leave me out of you and Bondi lovers tift.

Not sure experimenting with Harry in ruck is the smart thing to do against the best ruckman in the comp over the last 10 weeks.
Big boy Briggs has a bit of Mummy about him he could decapitate Harry.

Would have kept Pitto in myself as TDK was woeful last week

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2023 6:53 pm 
Geoff Southby

tdk was excellent after halftime. mind, he was probably excellent bcos pittonet did lots of the grunt work in the 1st half.

pitto is just deadwood out there right now. his always been slow, but he's properly lumbering on one leg right now.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2023 7:17 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Ok now we know where we stand.
Need to keep GWS under 55

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2023 7:33 pm 
Craig Bradley

If Tex kicks seven or less tonight, does Charlie play?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:02 pm 
Wayne Johnston

jezzarules wrote:

For what?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:08 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

club29 wrote:
jezzarules wrote:

For what?

Lowest points against. We started the round 2nd lowest to St Kilda

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:12 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Crusader wrote:
If Tex kicks seven or less tonight, does Charlie play?

The guy’s in the hottest form of his career, doesn’t seem to be struggling in any way and he has next week off.

If he doesn’t play we’re idiots.

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:19 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Don't flirt with form

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2023 10:08 pm 
Ken Hunter

GWS has everything to play for. if we beat them we are certainly in good form and more importantly, the right head space.

Regards Cazzesman

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2023 10:11 pm 
Bruce Doull

I'm glad we get a good hitout. Got the week off after

Sent from my Nokia G21 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2023 10:51 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

bluehammer wrote:
Don't flirt with form
Correct.

Win and we play the dogs... Lose and we slow momentum and give GWS the confidence for the finals..

Winning form IS good form...

Go Blues!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:12 pm 
Ken Hunter

Do it for Charlie :lol: :lol: :lol:

Regards Cazzesman

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:34 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Sub Charlie off after two goals.

:lol:

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2023 12:53 am 
Harry Vallence

bluehammer wrote:
Don't flirt with form

Glad Voss followed this idiom, when many here were wanting to rest players.
I was very impressed with Voss' win at all costs attitude.

Blue is the colour, Blue is our colourful conversation, football is the game, talking carlton is our aim, we're all together, we're all together, winning is our aim, arguing is a pain, let's debate for gain. .. .!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2023 6:00 am 
Harry Vallence

Dead Rubber.... We get to decide... Do we want to play the Dogs or Gaints again?

Gaints are much stronger and better side but then the Dogs have that finals experience!

Charlie needs Two but Sam Taylor is a Gun Defender.... My Gut feeling is that even if we lose this one, we will come back again and smash the Gaints in the finals...

I prefer that we Smash the Dogs though.... :banghead: :banghead:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2023 6:15 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Dodo27 wrote:
Dead Rubber.... We get to decide... Do we want to play the Dogs or Gaints again?

Gaints are much stronger and better side but then the Dogs have that finals experience!

Charlie needs Two but Sam Taylor is a Gun Defender.... My Gut feeling is that even if we lose this one, we will come back again and smash the Gaints in the finals...

I prefer that we Smash the Dogs though.... :banghead: :banghead:

We could be playing Sydney or St Kilda too, depending on the Sydney game

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 388 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next