Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 2:10 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 266 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 9:42 am 
formerly Fevola

Kemp - No flower way is he going to be replaced and nor should he.

He has been one of the storis of this year and has just been awesome. Can play tall, can play small. Is quick and tough. What we have been crying out for.

Choice of him and Marchbank. No brainer really.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 10:27 am 
Bruce Doull

Agree re Kemp.

Cunners tackled the guy around the waist & did not hold his arms, then let go of him while he was falling. Nothing to see here

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 10:31 am 
Wayne Johnston

17th Premiership wrote:
I’m guessing Walsh in for Cunningham.
Maybe Boyd in for Doc if he’s injured.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Boyd is a defender while Doc is playing midfield.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 10:35 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

CK95 wrote:
Cunners tackled the guy around the waist & did not hold his arms, then let go of him while he was falling. Nothing to see here

Yes and a stupid free kick was given that resulted in a mark and goal to the Dees.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 10:36 am 
Rod Ashman

Kemp and Hollands give it their all and more than most make the right decisions.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 11:57 am 
Harry Vallence

Drewgirl wrote:
Kemp - No flower way is he going to be replaced and nor should he.

He has been one of the storis of this year and has just been awesome. Can play tall, can play small. Is quick and tough. What we have been crying out for.

Choice of him and Marchbank. No brainer really.

Kemp stays. McGovern will replace Marchbank

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 11:57 am 
Harry Vallence

redback wrote:
Kemp and Hollands give it their all and more than most make the right decisions.

Both have been great. Hollands to me looks like he has even improved further since the injury. Seeme calmer and more sure footed

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 12:39 pm 
Ken Hunter

CK95 wrote:
Agree re Kemp.

The opponent wasn't concussed so by the stupid framework the MRO uses that should mean no suspension, maybe a fine. But as Daisy said, it was a pretty gentle tackle. And as I have whined previously, the modern HTB interpretation means you need to bring the man down or risk being burned on the outside and accused of softness. The nearest ump was correct, it shouldn't have even been a free kick.

Whenever ready...
Gov for Marchbank or Fisher
Walsh for Hollands
Cerra for Dow
JSOS for Pitto
McKay for... shit, I don't know

Some tough calls but you gotta go with the best while maintaining balance

Kennedy, Boyd will have to bide their time / replace Ed in the vest
C Durdin on standby but almost certainly looking to 2024

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 12:42 pm 
Craig Bradley

FarmerBlue wrote:
Reserves play prior to main game on Gold Coast

Take whole squad up early. Get some sun and swim in the sea. Freshen up

Do not play Walsh Cerra McGovern etc unless 100% fit

Week off after the GWS game. If they’re not in this week, we might not see them until September.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 3:12 pm 
Harry Vallence

Big couple of weeks in the reserves ahead, Gold Coast doing well in the VFL, then fairly likely we'll make the wildcard round. Hopefully another win to get a game into Harry, JSOS, whoever needs it ahead of an elimination final.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 3:17 pm 
Craig Bradley

Rod Spooky Galt wrote:
Big couple of weeks in the reserves ahead, Gold Coast doing well in the VFL, then fairly likely we'll make the wildcard round. Hopefully another win to get a game into Harry, JSOS, whoever needs it ahead of an elimination final.

Yes , exactly Rod . We don't want blokes coming in stone cold . They need to clock up some K's .

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 3:22 pm 
Harry Vallence

Just got back from Reserves

Boyd best for me. Really good
Philp played which was a surprise. Limited minutes and rusty but good to see
Cowan Plowman O'Brien Binns good. S.Durdin solid
I really like O'Keefe. Has some real mongrel in him

Ed ran around HF and did okay
I think Carroll got injured

Last edited by FarmerBlue on Sun Aug 13, 2023 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 3:24 pm 
Harry Vallence

Rod Spooky Galt wrote:

Yep. The other point is we play GCS on Saturday and then don't play GWS until Sunday evening. More than 8 day break.

I would expect Cerra Walsh McGovern to play by GWS at the latest. McKay & Jack likely as well

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 3:25 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Mickstar wrote:
Rod Spooky Galt wrote:

Yes , exactly Rod . We don't want blokes coming in stone cold . They need to clock up some K's .

All we have to do is keep bringing the same game and intent every game, and our depth players covering the 6 out, along with our Reserves team are playing the same tune.

I think we pick the best available, and we win.

If we add a 3 players to get a couple games into them before Elimination Final, we should.
Treat the games as practise games with intent to keep winning, and holding a spot in this Finals team.

If Hewett and Kennedy are available and fit in a Final, I'd play them both. Made for Finals footy.
As long as they bring the same intent as the team, and Hewett is leading the way.

Pittonet did a lot of grunt work that goes unnoticed. Gawn didn't star, nor did he win the game for the Dees. Pitto did his job. So did the mids.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 3:34 pm 
Craig Bradley

bondiblue wrote:
Mickstar wrote:
Rod Spooky Galt wrote:

All we have to do is keep bringing the same game and intent every game, and our depth players covering the 6 out, along with our Reserves team are playing the same tune.

If we add a 3 players to get a couple games into them before Elimination Final, we should.
Treat the games as practise games with intent to keep winning, and holding a spot in this Finals team.

If Hewett and Kennedy are available and fit in a Final, I'd play them both. Made for Finals footy.
As long as they bring the same intent as the team, and Hewett is leading the way.

Pittonet did a lot of grunt work that goes unnoticed. Gawn didn't star, nor did he win the game for the Dees. Pitto did his job. So did the mids.

Glad someone else noticed Pitto's invaluable grunt work . The discerning eye of Bondi notice's these things .

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 3:55 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Mickstar wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Mickstar wrote:
Rod Spooky Galt wrote:

Glad someone else noticed Pitto's invaluable grunt work . The discerning eye of Bondi notice's these things .

Did you see the embrace displayed between TDK & Pitto on the ground after the siren, as acknowledgement for a job well done.

Pitto didnt mark, but Gawn 's marking wasn't a feature of the game either. There's good reason for that.

I know the argument against Pitto, but judging him poorly to expedite Silvagni's spot in the 22, isnt the way Vossy goes about it.

Incumbents spot to lose. Although, Harry Walsh and Gov should walk right in, even if it means my boy Marchy loses he's spot.

Marchy at least is primed to play Finals with exposure to a Finals game and playing well within a defensive machine. Silvagni is in the same boat imo; primed for Finals when called on.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 5:28 pm 
Bruce Doull

FarmerBlue wrote:
Just got back from Reserves

Boyd best for me. Really good
Philp played which was a surprise. Limited minutes and rusty but good to see
Cowan Plowman O'Brien Binns good. S.Durdin solid
I really like O'Keefe. Has some real mongrel in him

Ed ran around HF and did okay
I think Carroll got injured
That bump by O'Keefe was a beauty.

Sent from my Nokia G21 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 5:28 pm 
Wayne Johnston

bondiblue wrote:
Mickstar wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Mickstar wrote:
Rod Spooky Galt wrote:

Did you see the embrace displayed between TDK & Pitto on the ground after the siren, as acknowledgement for a job well done.

Pitto didnt mark, but Gawn 's marking wasn't a feature of the game either. There's good reason for that.

I know the argument against Pitto, but judging him poorly to expedite Silvagni's spot in the 22, isnt the way Vossy goes about it.

Incumbents spot to lose. Although, Harry Walsh and Gov should walk right in, even if it means my boy Marchy loses he's spot.

Marchy at least is primed to play Finals with exposure to a Finals game and playing well within a defensive machine. Silvagni is in the same boat imo; primed for Finals when called on.

But therein lies the problem. If Harry walks right in, Pitto has to walk right out IMO. TDK and Pitto playing in the same team has worked okay with Harry out because there's been a need to sit one of the two in the forward line to provide an aerial contest while the other one rucks.

With Harry back in, we can't afford to have a resting ruckman down there as well. Our turnaround has been instigated by playing a smaller more mobile lineup with more run and manic pressure and we can't afford to mess with this balance too much.

So unless someone else can play second ruck, JSOS has to come back in to play that role. He will provide so much more up forward and around the ground than Pitto and we won't lose much forward pressure if he replaces a small-medium forward

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 6:24 pm 
Harry Vallence

The combination of Pittonet TDK Silvagni Charlie McKay has been a question all year. We’ve even tried Young. Which is best?

What’s interesting is look at all the Premiership winners of the last few years and they have effectively had just one Ruckman

My gut feel is that our best combo is TDK Jack McKay & Charlie with Pittonet missing out. Just gives us more flexibility but as long we keep winning I don’t care

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 7:08 pm 
Horrie Clover

No mention of Cuningham in the MRO report for Saturday’s games. Free to play.

https://tinyurl.com/mfeyfz8k

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 266 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next