Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 1:05 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2023 11:17 pm 
Ken Hunter

Fenwick Snap wrote:
diesel_85 wrote:
Blake acres was amazing also today.

I kinda wish he returned that silly flex rubbish that marshall gave him in the 1st quarter.

Rub it in his face.

Amazing grit and guts from the boys today.
Undermanned and just kept pushing.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I kinda liked that Acres just smiled then Marshall did as well, as if Acres said, 'That macho shit ain't getting under my skin. I'll be laughing at the end.' Or am I revising history because we're the victors? Did I say we won?

Blake's best game for us. Off memory maybe one clanger but he was really what I wanted to see. Great stuff.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2023 11:19 pm 
Bruce Doull

Great for him that it was against his old side too.

Sent from my Nokia G21 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2023 11:19 pm 
Bruce Doull

Yup….

he’s beginning to believe that he belongs….!

kindest regards tommi

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2023 11:26 pm 
Ken Hands

TDK was huge in the 2nd half. Very physical, great it see.
Marchbank was caught out by the speed of the game. Hopefully he is better for it bc we are going to need him.
I agree with comments about the Saints supporters gees they are feral and stupid - no idea about the game. At one stage frees we’re 8-2 in their fav and were still complaining!!!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2023 11:42 pm 
Bruce Doull

kingkerna wrote:
The day Tom Alvin's dad died from memory? Tommy still played."

Quite possibly, not sure. I think parkin put dorotich to CHF & he took 5 marks in the 3rd qtr.

Btw check your PMs!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2023 11:50 pm 
Ken Hunter

dablues wrote:
TDK was huge in the 2nd half. Very physical, great it see.
Marchbank was caught out by the speed of the game. Hopefully he is better for it bc we are going to need him.
I agree with comments about the Saints supporters gees they are feral and stupid - no idea about the game. At one stage frees we’re 8-2 in their fav and were still complaining!!!

I thought TdK was better further up the field and when playing ruck. Needs to keep learning to play up forward but great 2nd half and very physical. Marchbank needs time but he shows his class. As for the Saints supporters - yep they are a special breed. Very special...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2023 11:55 pm 
Serge Silvagni

diesel95 wrote:
When I the last time Blues had kicked 3 or less goals to half time and came home to win by that same 3 goals?! I can't even think of one.

Excellent question diesel and worthy of some research and posting in the "2023 team setting records" thread...
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=37845&start=25
...along with a few more stats observations.

Only ONCE before has Carlton scored less than 3.4:22 by half time, been down by more than 22 points and come back to win by at least 3 goals...

rd. 1, 1992 Half time score:
Carlton 2.9:21
Brisbane Bears 7.6:48
Final score:
Carlton 13.14:92
Brisbane: 10.8: 68

In fact diesel, on only 7 previous occasions has Carlton been down by 3 goals at half time and finished winning by more than 3 goals!

...so good call.

Last edited by Ghost of PrincesPark on Mon Aug 07, 2023 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 12:10 am 
Bruce Doull

Voss said in his presser that Dow was just about to be subbed before the goal

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 5:50 am 
Robert Walls

tommi wrote:
Geebus….

watching Ross the boss in his presser…with that
advertising board behind him…?

my left eyebrow started to quiver…what’s with
all the different sponsors…yuk…!

ours does look classy…!

kindest regards tommi

When you have that many sponsors tommi none of them is forking out too much money hence the need for all the smaller sponsors.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 7:48 am 
Ken Hands

The thing for me is that they are playing as a very United team atm, great to see. You see a guy like Crippa looking to give it off, rather than trying to do everything himself ( a problem of past years ) , admittedly he was pretty much on his own then. They have great belief in each other, whoever comes in to fill a spot. I think that meeting at Ed Curnows place at the by round was a real turning point. Onwards and upwards blueboys.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:11 am 
Bruce Doull

Cazzesman wrote:
The Fox Footy youtube channel carries all the coach pressers, which you can embed rather than link.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:14 am 
Ken Hunter

Juanita Jones wrote:
tommi wrote:
Geebus….

watching Ross the boss in his presser…with that
advertising board behind him…?

my left eyebrow started to quiver…what’s with
all the different sponsors…yuk…!

ours does look classy…!

kindest regards tommi

When you have that many sponsors tommi none of them is forking out too much money hence the need for all the smaller sponsors.

That board was a hot mess!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:16 am 
Bruce Doull

tommi wrote:
Also….

how about Charlies kick from the wing to Owies
for a goal in the third…?

65 metre pass…mint…!

kindest regards tommi
Charlie is possibly the best forward entry kick in the team. The vision and then the ability to pull those kicks off is ridiculous.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:27 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

https://twitter.com/kouta_tfc22/status/ ... gr%5Etweet

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:28 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Blows my mind Charlie didn't get free kicks. cauliflower we all over him like a rash.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:57 am 
John James

Fenwick Snap wrote:
diesel_85 wrote:
Blake acres was amazing also today.

I kinda wish he returned that silly flex rubbish that marshall gave him in the 1st quarter.

Rub it in his face.

Amazing grit and guts from the boys today.
Undermanned and just kept pushing.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I kinda liked that Acres just smiled then Marshall did as well, as if Acres said, 'That macho shit ain't getting under my skin. I'll be laughing at the end.' Or am I revising history because we're the victors? Did I say we won?

i didn’t write that comment, i replied to it! however i do agree with it.

can’t wait for the replay to put my MVP votes in. i’m guessing Newman, Acres l, Weiters and Owies will figure in it based on the AFL Mini Match video.

Cottrell and Curnow looked good on the score involvement/score assists stat sheet.

Motlop for a scorching, two-bounce run through the square and taking his moment like a champ from 48 m out — completely ignoring a free Curnow and a free Owies both unmarked and straight in front. if he’d missed… but he didn’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 9:08 am 
John James

Ghost of PrincesPark wrote:
diesel95 wrote:
When I the last time Blues had kicked 3 or less goals to half time and came home to win by that same 3 goals?! I can't even think of one.

Excellent question diesel and worthy of some research and posting in the "2023 team setting records" thread...
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=37845&start=25
...along with a few more stats observations.

Only ONCE before has Carlton scored less than 3.4:22 by half time, been down by more than 22 points and come back to win by at least 3 goals...

rd. 1, 1992 Half time score:
Carlton 2.9:21
Brisbane Bears 7.6:48
Final score:
Carlton 13.14:92
Brisbane: 10.8: 68

In fact diesel, on only 7 previous occasions has Carlton been down by 3 goals at half time and finished winning by more than 3 goals!

...so good call.

thanks for the intel Ghost of PP. how did you do this data search? i’d love to have an online database that someone upkeeps that i can SQL to answer such questions and amusements.

i know there’s been countless come from behind wins, but three goals to half time is usually a talisman that we are in the middle of one of those form ruts that can last 6 weeks or 6 years (or basically 1995-2021 minus a couple of years where we nearly made it deep into finals!!).

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 9:11 am 
John James

CK95 wrote:
Voss said in his presser that Dow was just about to be subbed before the goal

he also said he changed his mind bc the fans might tear down the stadium if he subbed Dow out after Dow kicked his goal.

meaning you guys and women who attend games have got inside Vossy’s head. big congrats on that effort. can’t have been easy!!!

i think you might be inside Ross Lions head too. he seemed completely naked in the presser. not his usual arrogant self. haha. big congrats on that too.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 9:18 am 
John James

Wojee wrote:
tommi wrote:
Also….

how about Charlies kick from the wing to Owies
for a goal in the third…?

65 metre pass…mint…!

kindest regards tommi
Charlie is possibly the best forward entry kick in the team. The vision and then the ability to pull those kicks off is ridiculous.

Cerra, Harry and Walsh do ok too. all laser guided. but Charlie’s GPS guided LR munitions are something to behold, it’s like there’s time for a drum roll as the ball rips from the wing deep into the danger zone.

acres has gone from a hard running ball butcher to becoming an everywhere man and poised ball user.

never thought i’d say that in 2023. incredible in-season improvement from Acres. clubman of the year votes for Acres providing that example to his list-mates.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 9:21 am 
John James

Paddycripps wrote:
Blows my mind Charlie didn't get free kicks. cauliflower we all over him like a rash.

it’s definitely one of the *quirks* of AFL.

media pressure on umpires? plenty of other players in AFL who don’t get penalised for being too good for AFL’s best key defenders.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next