Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 8:57 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 237 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 1:47 pm 
Bruce Doull

The_Cranium wrote:
The amount of deprecation coming from filth fans and the media about this win is really irritating me. The umpires gifted us. Carlton playing for their lives whilst the filth had nothing to play for. They had a drop off after the top of the table clash last week. A virus went through the club

That was exactly the narrative my kid's tennis coach went with this morning, & he's normally a pretty good sport.

Had the best time out & about at the shops with the scarf on today, so many Go Blues, just scenes a plenty. Even a bloke operating a digger at the rail yards gave us a thumbs up, kids loved it :grin:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 1:47 pm 
Ken Hunter

I'm happy for them to use every excuse in the book. It's the kind of weak mentality that produces 27 grand final losses.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 1:50 pm 
Craig Bradley

Pros:

Pressure and contest.
Controlled the opposition architects (Nick Daicos and Pendlebury).
Opposition inaccuracy.
Charlie, Weiters, Newman, Cerra, Martin, Cripps, Acres.
Loved Fogarty's pressure.
Impressive first up showing from Marchbank.
Thought Hollands did well against Sidebottom, even though he didn't kick so well this week.

Cons:

Another midfielder injured.
Brian Taylor didn't seem to get as excited as he usually does.
Few players without much impact: TDK, Pittonet, Cuningham, Cottrell.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 1:51 pm 
Craig Bradley

grrofunger wrote:
Great speech Cripps

:thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 2:05 pm 
Craig Bradley

sammywaslow wrote:
Cottrell was fairly quiet and doesn’t seem to garner passionate support in these forums but, boy, do we need his run. Often comes into it in the last when others are fatiguing.

Agree. Quiet but came into the game late due to his superior engine.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 2:49 pm 
Harry Vallence

How good is to wake up today, sun is shining, birds are chirping...

And

WE WON

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 2:54 pm 
Rod Ashman

The 'green shoots' are finally bearing fruit!
Go Blues!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 3:00 pm 
Ken Hunter

CK95 wrote:
The_Cranium wrote:
The amount of deprecation coming from filth fans and the media about this win is really irritating me. The umpires gifted us. Carlton playing for their lives whilst the filth had nothing to play for. They had a drop off after the top of the table clash last week. A virus went through the club

That was exactly the narrative my kid's tennis coach went with this morning, & he's normally a pretty good sport.

Had the best time out & about at the shops with the scarf on today, so many Go Blues, just scenes a plenty. Even a bloke operating a digger at the rail yards gave us a thumbs up, kids loved it :grin:
We've been wearing ours too. Another dad at swimming literally ran up to my husband and told him he's got all his Collingwood mates coming over tonight for poker and he's never been so excited to see them, haha.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 3:11 pm 
Adrian Gallagher

RickJ wrote:
My wife broke her leg last Sunday and had surgery on Monday but is still in Epworth Richmond. I decided I wasn’t going to the game tonight. I’d just sit with her and provide comfort. But after another endone at 8 pm she was fast asleep. Sitting there for while in the dark and I thought maybe I’ll walk across and catch the second half. Moral dilemma. You flower beauty. Members dining room bar was going off. Strangers hugging strangers. Loud. Unbelievable tension and joy.

What a win. Thought we could but injuries made me think maybe not. Everyone just stepped up. Collingwood supporters squealing about soft frees to Charlie. No worse that Charlie on Moore earlier. Pies defenders shit themselves when Charlie moves to the ball and infringe. Umps miss many more on him they pay. He is some special talent. That ground ball get and snap from 40 in the third was sublime.

So so happy. What could we do if we make finals with this momentum and injuries ease up. A la Footscray 2016

Do I tell my beautiful wife I snuck off to the footy ?

Haha great story, I don’t think your wife needs to know.

Up the Blues, great win.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 3:43 pm 
Ken Hunter

Couldn't even find my Carlton cap this morning, and too lazy to rummage through the high shelf boxes to look for the scarf. Days like these I wish I still lived in Melbourne. Have done some online needling at least.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 4:17 pm 
Bruce Doull

Pretty funny the Pies supporters complaining about Curnow getting a couple of frees in the last after that first half.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 5:00 pm 
Rod Ashman

Has anyone heard if Victoria’s crime rate soared last night :sly:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 5:51 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

redback wrote:

Divisional vans were ramped up at the Remand Centre.

:lol:

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 6:25 pm 
John James

GreatEx wrote:
I'm happy for them to use every excuse in the book. It's the kind of weak mentality that produces 27 grand final losses.

100%. the Ms Pies supporter, 18 yo daughter in-law who worked at the G last night is claiming it was an just an off-game, they never got going. gezz i wonder if that had anything to do with their usually wide open corridor getting overrun with hard tackling Blues playing like it’s 1995?!! i haven’t spoken to her about the game yet, got that via her mother. i bet the umpires would rate a mention if i sent her a crowing-blue-bagger message (defo not worth it!).

happy for Mathew (not a hope) Lloyd, Cornes and the rest of the Carlton-skeptic media who didn’t rate us a chance to win without Walsh to make excuses too. and as even the (unusually miserable) BT couldn’t help thought bubbling during the last quarter, Collingwood used the Howe to FF move and would have rather kept that up their sleeve for finals. Howe got real lucky with a couple of random long kicks, one of the ground iirc, but good players make the best of their good luck so i don’t resent him his 3 goals in one quarter of play. shows they didn’t have an off game, they just didn’t play well enough.

Last edited by diesel95 on Sat Jul 29, 2023 9:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 6:26 pm 
Ken Hunter

redback wrote:
DV probably did, unfortunately.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 6:49 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Lowey_47 wrote:
Dear Peter daicos yes your boys are ok but you don't need to celebrate like its 1999 whenever one of your crotch goblins kicks a goal.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I have to say, I'm a dad of 2 boys who play footy and I do. In fact I cheer louder for my boys, and I'm loud as it is.

Peter Daicos' celebration of his boys, is a million times better than Steve Silvagni's celebration, where he looks as happy as a funeral. :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 6:52 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

bluedog wrote:
Nice to see another team miss so many gettables for a change.

Happens to the best.

We just forgot we were the best for a 9 weeks period

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 6:57 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

FarmerBlue wrote:
Collingwood missing No One
Blues missing McKay Walsh Kennedy Boyd Silvagni Williams Cerra for a half

We aren’t just winning it’s the way we are winning. It’s great football

Shit I forgot about the suspended and those whose season has ended.

Amazing win.
Great depth from players with great heart.

Something special brewing like ....I recon it feels like Hawks in 2008, came home with a.... flag in the very end.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 7:00 pm 
Harry Vallence

It must be a great feeling for the players as they go about their job knowing that all their team mates are as well

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 7:01 pm 
Harry Vallence

Media blah blah. Even the Carlton ones are knobs: Maher, Sam McClure, etc

Sam Pang is ok.

Having said that the Pies are not easy beats. 5.5 games ahead of us they’ve been extremely consistent (and lucky…..you make your own luck as the saying goes). Opposing teams have not been able to execute a game plan to counter them.

Geez WTF was that 8 out of 9 run of losses anyways. Surely we could have scrapped 2-3 wins in that run. We would’ve been entrenched in the top 4

We must not let up in the intensity and conviction in the remaining 4 games.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 237 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next