Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:37 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 237 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2023 3:09 pm 
Ken Hunter

Rod Waddell wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:
I just want to add - I love the fact when we play Collingwood as the away team, we wear our traditional away strip, white shorts!!!!
No clashes!!!

That’s the Eddie Macguire decree!

Yep, key point being, clubs can make their own decisions when they have the right leadership.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2023 6:51 pm 
Ken Hunter

Just watched the replay.

No sure how we won that game. :eek: :eek: Rucks got smashed.

Newman and Weits our rocks down back.

Charlie, Owies and Jack terrific in F50.

Umpires were average, and I normally don't care about them most of time.

That free against Gov for a late hit on McStay was a shocker. Gov made contact with him as his foot hit the ball so how can that be late.

The free against Pitto when Cameron blocked his run so Pitto jumped over the top of him and touched his shoulder on the way down. WTF!

The Free against Marchy for walking the ball through the goal from two steps out was also shite. That happens in every game and is let go.

They missed alot of chances that would have had them very close. I'll take the win any time, but we weren't that terrific.

Capt Obvious says - Lots to work on still.

Regards Cazzesman

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2023 9:03 pm 
Wayne Johnston

Cazzesman wrote:
Just watched the replay.

That free against Gov for a late hit on McStay was a shocker. Gov made contact with him as his foot hit the ball so how can that be late.

The free against Pitto when Cameron blocked his run so Pitto jumped over the top of him and touched his shoulder on the way down. WTF!

The Free against Marchy for walking the ball through the goal from two steps out was also shite. That happens in every game and is let go.

They missed alot of chances that would have had them very close. I'll take the win any time, but we weren't that terrific.

Regards Cazzesman

Think we were looking pretty good until Cerra went off. Their pack marks inside 50 were a worry.
We did well to hold them off and throughout the game scored some nice team goals from great ball movement.
I also liked the way we cut of their usual strengths with in your face defence.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2023 9:12 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Cazzesman wrote:
Just watched the replay.

Regards Cazzesman

Agreed
They missed lots of shots
And Charlie got lots of frees

Reason we won was our structure and system

That's why we had hardly any players with high stats

I'm not as bullish as some on Dow. Seems to throw it onto the boot too quick too often. Lacks composure.

If we can get Cerra and Walsh and SOS back we will be a lot better.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2023 9:29 pm 
Wayne Johnston

I thought Dow played outside the gamplan too. Can't rely on his composure to hit up a 15-20m pass in a chain and a longer CK just hands the ball over.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2023 9:46 pm 
Bruce Doull

Into 10$….

equal 4th favourites…interesting…!

kindest regards tommi

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2023 9:55 pm 
Bruce Doull

club29 wrote:
CK just hands the ball over.

Yep wasn't my best game

Sent from my Nokia G21 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2023 10:21 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Cazzesman wrote:
Just watched the replay.

Regards Cazzesman

Yeah Nah

We were 6 goals up

Umpires ridiculous calls cost us 3 goals in the first half.
Couldve cost us more but McDreary hit the post from 15.

Can't ignore that too easily no matter which team you support.

We beat them against the odds.

I digress. How many did each team have missing from Best 23 due to injury or suspension?

Regardless, we were the better team and kicked the better score.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2023 11:23 pm 
Geoff Southby

Very good win . First in for the football . Hard at the man and hard at the football . Geez , old fashioned remedy that still carries to the modern era . Its what got us the win against the Pies . I thought they wilted under the manic pressure we applied ...................... anyhow , i'm already over it and anticipating the next big challenge against the Saint coz we are well and truely still under the pump to retain our spot in the eight . We will need to be one hundred percent ON coz the Saints will be ready for us .

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2023 11:26 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

bondiblue wrote:
Cazzesman wrote:
Just watched the replay.

Regards Cazzesman

Yeah Nah

We were 6 goals up

I digress. How many did each team have missing from Best 23 due to injury or suspension?

Exactly B.B.
:thanks:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2023 11:29 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

CK95 wrote:
club29 wrote:
CK just hands the ball over.

Yep wasn't my best game

Come on C.K. Don't be so hard on yourself. Umpires were brutal. Saw that little tyke Daicos run off in fear everytime you went near him.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2023 11:32 pm 
Bruce Doull

:lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2023 11:45 pm 
John James

bondiblue wrote:
Cazzesman wrote:
Just watched the replay.

Regards Cazzesman

Yeah Nah

We were 6 goals up

Good quick summary for lazy posters like me, especially the 'odds' bit. (Although this increases the risk of the team being a bit flat next week.)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 7:50 am 
Ken Hunter

Yeah, can't agree with Cazz's sober analysis. Our pressure was manic, especially in the forward 50 - many of the match stats were quite even but we were up 13-7 for tackles inside 50, and Collingwood must have had a few late ones because I could have sworn it was 10-2 or 11-2 at one point. We also did a great job breaking up their handball chains - did it time and again. We did our homework, and didn't let them carve us up rebounding out of defence as they like to do. They did have us beaten for marks inside 50 (18-10) but Charlie was given 5 free kicks for being molested in F50 making contests. Yes we were lucky that McReery can't hit a cow's arse with a banjo except when denying Carlton a finals spot from 50m on the boundary, but they were lucky the man playing them like a fiddle did his hamstring. We responded every time they threatened to get on top, and were the better side.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:48 am 
formerly Fevola

Sorry Cazz but your post was quite negative - but i respect your opinion.

Collingwood missed a lot of shots on goal due to our manic pressure - obviously the ones on the run they like to do. Collingwood were not there usual clean self because of our pressure. Collingwood couldnt run out of their backline because we were like brick walls. They were cocky when they scored the first two goals, but we rattled them big time. We were the first ones to quell Daicos too, he was quite frustrated as he wasnt used to getting beaten.

We played hard and tough footy without Cezz, Walsh and McKay. Collingwood were flying and full strength.

Not sure what else we want - That was a perfect game from us.

Whether we continue with this or not - Who knows but on this game only, i couldnt fault us at all.

Imagine if we had a full strength team ?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 9:05 am 
Bob Chitty

i cant cop the rubbish about Curnow, i cant cop the rubbish about off nights, i cant cop if they kicked straight ...

i have watched the replay, and every free kick the curnow got was justified. I actually thought the match up between curnow and moore was epic. Moore clearly out of comfort zone, but was on top early. Credit to Curnow here, has his opponents rattled ... they either need to impede him or he most likely wins it ...

they where off, because of the pressure we applied. we didn't let them play their game. We didn't give them free reign, we harassed and attacked them like they do to so many others ...

the biggest one of all ... we didnt kick straight. yep, you didnt, miss some sitters, but its also why we had a terrible run ... 6.15 (Swans) 6.16 (Dons) 7.15 (pies) ... if you don't convert, you don't win. footy is simple sometimes.

it was a good win, not sure about the best win for sometime, but it was a good win.

But you know what, a great win, will be a solid win against St.Kilda, Suns & GWS

Expectation is now back on us, and we haven't dealt with Expectation well at all. The win against the pies was good, but it is all for nothing if we dont follow through with wins against the saints, suns and giants. Im not mentioning melbourne as its a 50/50 game, there will be no expectation on us to win, we have every chance, but no expectations.

If we can rise to the expectation, get a home final, i think anything is possible ... but expectation is everything for this club at the moment.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 9:11 am 
formerly Fevola

Yep great post !!!!!! All that we have done will mean nothing if we fail in the next 4 weeks. St Kilda are our bogey team, they like to treat us like their grand final. St Kilda have had a massive Carlton FOMO (Jealousy) since the 80's.

I hate that team with a passion because of it.

We need to smash this loser of a team. Otherwise we have learnt nothing.

ScottSaunders2 wrote:
i cant cop the rubbish about Curnow, i cant cop the rubbish about off nights, i cant cop if they kicked straight ...

have watched the replay, and every free kick the curnow got was justified. I actually thought the match up between curnow and moore was epic. Moore clearly out of comfort zone, but was on top early. Credit to Curnow here, has his opponents rattled ... they either need to impede him or he most likely wins it ...

they where off, because of the pressure we applied. we didn't let them play their game. We didn't give them free reign, we harassed and attacked them like they do to so many others ...

the biggest one of all ... we didnt kick straight. yep, you didnt, miss some sitters, but its also why we had a terrible run ... 6.15 (Swans) 6.16 (Dons) 7.15 (pies) ... if you don't convert, you don't win. footy is simple sometimes.

it was a good win, not sure about the best win for sometime, but it was a good win.

But you know what, a great win, will be a solid win against St.Kilda, Suns & GWS

Expectation is now back on us, and we haven't dealt with Expectation well at all. The win against the pies was good, but it is all for nothing if we dont follow through with wins against the saints, suns and giants. Im not mentioning melbourne as its a 50/50 game, there will be no expectation on us to win, we have every chance, but no expectations.

If we can rise to the expectation, get a home final, i think anything is possible ... but expectation is everything for this club at the moment.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 9:34 am 
Ken Hunter

Agreed, expectation is back on the menu. I'm no longer thinking "if we make finals", I'm demanding 5th place, maybe settling for 6th if we need to manage injuries. Possibly unreasonable but so be it. Stakes have risen, let's go baggers!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 12:04 pm 
Bruce Doull

ScottSaunders2 wrote:

i have watched the replay, and every free kick the curnow got was justified. I actually thought the match up between curnow and moore was epic. Moore clearly out of comfort zone, but was on top early. Credit to Curnow here, has his opponents rattled ... they either need to impede him or he most likely wins it ...

:clap:

You could mount a good argument to say all those missed set shots came from the jitters we put into their heads in open play.

In any event, no opposition supporter has ever given us any leeway when we've missed easy shots, so suck shit Collingwood!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 12:07 pm 
Bruce Doull

GreatEx wrote:
They did have us beaten for marks inside 50 (18-10)

Mcstay was a pretty good pickup for them. That said, our defenders needed to punch better in Q1. It looked like we were just trying to take defensive marks, & it wasn't working.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 237 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next