Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 5:21 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 323 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:51 pm 
Rod Ashman

jake_h03 wrote:
Amazed that people are so worried. WC are 1 from 17 with a percentage of 48. That’s about as bad as it gets. I can’t remember the last time a side finished with a percentage below 50. Maybe Fitzroy in the final years. We beat them by 100+ on their own deck and now we have them at home. We effectively have 3 outs from the team that just belted Port by 50 points, 2 of which didn’t have much impact on the game at all (Boyd and Cerra)

Pull yourselves together. We will be fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I needed that! Thank you :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:55 pm 
Robert Walls

Mickstar wrote:
Not a very tall side . Surely Young is a late in .

Would make sense

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:58 pm 
Harry Vallence

Mickstar wrote:

We played well went McKay went off last weeks. Scored well. Maybe we like the set up and want to see it again?

It’s a quick mobile side with lots of run. I like it

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2023 9:18 pm 
Rod Ashman

tommi wrote:
Hey….

remember when we were pox…and everyone
knew they’d beat us that weekend…?

it’s alright to believe…!

kindest regards tommi

I'm a true believer!
GO BLUES!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2023 9:25 pm 
Geoff Southby

FarmerBlue wrote:
Mickstar wrote:

We played well went McKay went off last weeks. Scored well. Maybe we like the set up and want to see it again?

True Farm's . I'm more thinking along the lines if anything happened to Tom it leaves us very vulnerable .

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2023 10:40 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Mickstar wrote:

I'd love it to be Marchbank, but Young is ripest for selction.
Has to be a tall sub imo.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2023 11:21 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Plenty of midfield inside strength and outside run...
I watched Ed a couple of weeks back and he had no role... setting up in the heat of the contest is ideal for him (I hope, given he's playing)
Play our way and we win this easily ...
Pull yourselves together,

Go Blues

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2023 1:16 am 
Harry Vallence

WC Midfield : Kelly, Gaff, Sheed & Shuey

That is a very formidable midfield and on Paper, they look stronger than us, however this would have been the case 5 years a go but not in 2023.

This is will not be the 80+ points we wanted but more like 25-30 which i will take and move on

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2023 8:19 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

BV may indeed be a footballing genius

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2023 8:38 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Dodo27 wrote:

That is a very formidable midfield and on Paper, they look stronger than us, however this would have been the case 5 years a go but not in 2023.

This is will not be the 80+ points we wanted but more like 25-30 which i will take and move on

Cripps, Cerra, Kennedy all out injured. That is a midfield group that would do a lot of damage vs Kelly Sheed Shuey.

Lets just get the win, and if we can continue our 50+ winning form, bonus.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2023 8:48 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

bondiblue wrote:
Dodo27 wrote:

Cripps, Cerra, Kennedy all out injured. That is a midfield group that would do a lot of damage vs Kelly Sheed Shuey.

WCE missing Cousins Kerr Embley & Judf

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2023 9:36 am 
Harry Vallence

Mickstar wrote:
FarmerBlue wrote:
Mickstar wrote:

True Farm's . I'm more thinking along the lines if anything happened to Tom it leaves us very vulnerable .

True. I thought we may have brought Young in. Gut feel is we still might. Saad hasn't trained much

Last edited by FarmerBlue on Fri Jul 21, 2023 10:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2023 10:19 am 
Bruce Doull

FarmerBlue wrote:
missnaut wrote:
Cripps has a corkie, hasn't trained all week and a test for the Filth.

trained yesterday

Voss said on SEN this morning that he hasn't trained all week.

I'm not saying you're wrong btw farmer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2023 10:22 am 
Geoff Southby

bluechampion wrote:
Round 19 team v West Coast

Backs: Alex Cincotta - Jacob Weitering - Nic Newman

Half-backs: Brodie Kemp - Mitch McGovern - Adam Saad

Centreline: Sam Walsh - Oliver Hollands - Sam Docherty

Half-forwards: Lachie Fogarty - Jack Martin - Jesse Motlop

Forwards: Jack Silvagni - Charlie Curnow - David Cuningham

Followers: Tom De Koning - George Hewett - Blake Acres

Interchange: Matthew Cottrell - Lachie Cowan - Ed Curnow - Paddy Dow

Emergencies: Jaxon Binns - Josh Honey - Caleb Marchbank - Lewis Young

I hope these are the starting positions for several reasons:
1. I think Acres will be a like for like for Cripps as I've mentioned before, still prefer to see him have a run off of HB though. Voss may have him playing the Kennedy role.
2. I also think Hollands in the middle will be interesting also because he plays like a midfielder and it'll be good to see how he goes against Elijah Hewett.
3. Walsh getting a full run and seeing how much damage he does as an attacking wing and to see if his defensive and offensive time is split more evenly like Langdon.

Odd emergencies. Binns as a wing (we have 5 that can play that role already), Honey as a small forward (plenty up there already), Marchbank makes sense for Boyd as too Young.

So unless we are expecting some late outs or odd changes from WCE I can't see Binns or Honey playing.
Young makes sense over Marchbank due to injury concerns.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2023 10:24 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

bondiblue wrote:
Dodo27 wrote:

Walsh, Hewett, Docherty Acres should be fine to win the midfield battle against the WCR quartet.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2023 10:26 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Traveller86 wrote:
jake_h03 wrote:
Amazed that people are so worried. WC are 1 from 17 with a percentage of 48. That’s about as bad as it gets. I can’t remember the last time a side finished with a percentage below 50. Maybe Fitzroy in the final years. We beat them by 100+ on their own deck and now we have them at home. We effectively have 3 outs from the team that just belted Port by 50 points, 2 of which didn’t have much impact on the game at all (Boyd and Cerra)

It's amazing how people are worried west coast will suddenly turn into prime Collingwood "just because it's against Carlton".

I'm not seeing that at all.
FWIW, I don't think WC will beat us but I have old school philosophies that you respect your opposition and when you have momentum, you do everything to maintain it. We saw earlier in the season and last year that when we lost momentum, we fell away significantly.
I could perhaps understand if we were top of the ladder but we're 10th and we've achieved jack shit.
Sydney are 1 game behind us and 1% behind us. This is an opportunity to build a buffer.
I understand McKay etc are injured but Cripps has probably just played his best 3 week block of the season. I don't like it.
It's got nothing to do with West Coast suddenly turning into Collingwood. More about Carlton turning back into the past 20 years of Carlton.
It smacks of arrogance and we've got @#$%&! all to be arrogant about.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2023 10:42 am 
Wayne Johnston

Blue Vain wrote:
Traveller86 wrote:
jake_h03 wrote:

It's amazing how people are worried west coast will suddenly turn into prime Collingwood "just because it's against Carlton".

FWIW, I don't think WC will beat us but I have old school philosophies that you respect your opposition and when you have momentum, you do everything to maintain it. We saw earlier in the season and last year that when we lost momentum, we fell away significantly.
I could perhaps understand if we were top of the ladder but we're 10th and we've achieved jack shit.
Sydney are 1 game behind us and 1% behind us. This is an opportunity to build a buffer.
I understand McKay etc are injured but Cripps has probably just played his best 3 week block of the season. I don't like it.
It's got nothing to do with West Coast suddenly turning into Collingwood. More about Carlton turning back into the past 20 years of Carlton.

I think that’s a bit over the top BV. Cerra had a hammy issue against port which was reflected by his output. So it’s really only Cripps who we are possibly resting. Managing one player against a bottom side is hardly arrogance. Maybe resting 5 or 6 I would agree. Also we don’t know that Cripps isn’t carrying something that genuinely could use a week off

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2023 10:43 am 
Harry Vallence

CK95 wrote:
FarmerBlue wrote:
missnaut wrote:
Cripps has a corkie, hasn't trained all week and a test for the Filth.

trained yesterday

Voss said on SEN this morning that he hasn't trained all week.

I'm not saying you're wrong btw farmer

He did some static drills and ran laps. Looked fine but didn't joing main group which trained lightly anyway. Was laughing and pushing players

My impression was decision was made as early as Monday. I can only say what I saw

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2023 10:45 am 
Harry Vallence

bondiblue wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Dodo27 wrote:

Walsh, Hewett, Docherty Acres should be fine to win the midfield battle against the WCR quartet.

Dow Curnow as well and Fogarty has been spending minutes in there as has DC acting as an extra mid. I'm not concerned at all

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2023 11:13 am 
Harry Vallence

jake_h03 wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
Traveller86 wrote:
jake_h03 wrote:

I think that’s a bit over the top BV. Cerra had a hammy issue against port which was reflected by his output. So it’s really only Cripps who we are possibly resting. Managing one player against a bottom side is hardly arrogance. Maybe resting 5 or 6 I would agree. Also we don’t know that Cripps isn’t carrying something that genuinely could use a week off

Cerra was taken off in the last quarter last week, so there is no "arrogance" being shown here.

We are probably just managing Cripps, which considering his history of chronic niggles, isn't that bad of an idea.

Seriously, supporters need to stop putting themselves through the ringer. We don't need to suffer through "hard yakka" before pulling moves other teams do.

You're also feeding the bs narrative that we "only beat Port because they rested players".

As said above, we aren't resting 12 players, we're on our home deck, we're playing one of the worst sides in the history of the competition, who've lost a senior defender and one of their two young guns - it's a calculated decision.

Also, don't be surprised if Oscar Allen is a late out, he looked like he busted his shoulder before he went back out on the field last week. If he does play, he will be hampered.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 323 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next