Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 8:14 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 345 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:08 am 
Wayne Johnston

Sidefx wrote:
sinbagger wrote:
I almost hope that Cripps doesn’t pass his injury test today and we select Dow instead, it would make us unpredictable as I feel opposition teams base their entire game plan around having an opponent work off Cripps at the start of every play.

From a strategic point of view I'd agree.
However, it won't take them too long to work out they can just ignore him as he won't cause too much damage.
If you wanted to make that kind of a change in the middle, I'd prefer we parked Cripps in the F50 for the whole game.

You can’t hide Cripps in the forward line either, his opponent will just run off him all day, same as when he’s on the ball.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:10 am 
Wayne Johnston

Hornet wrote:
sinbagger wrote:
I almost hope that Cripps doesn’t pass his injury test today and we select Dow instead, it would make us unpredictable as I feel opposition teams base their entire game plan around having an opponent work off Cripps at the start of every play.

What makes you believe he'd be selected?

I was speculating, it’s a speculative scenario so why do you ask?

Also my point wasn’t so much about Dow but rather about disrupting the opposition plans with Cripps non-presence.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:15 am 
Craig Bradley

sinbagger wrote:
Hornet wrote:
sinbagger wrote:

Also my point wasn’t so much about Dow but rather about disrupting the opposition plans with Cripps non-presence.

I actually agree with you but at this point I don't thing Dow would get selected even if he was the last midfielder standing...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:17 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Dodo27 wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Dodo27 wrote:
No Oliver-No Melbourne. simple as that!

As bad as we have been, tonight we will return to the winning Board.

Right on DoDo

oh no... I was Dreaming..... just woke up and its back to reality... The usual 5 Goal loss tonight :donk: :donk:

What? Now you bring your nightmare from last night to the table?

Something has to give :wink:

I get your lack of faith. There's a bit of that in all of us; some more than others.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:19 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

CK95 wrote:
You blokes have convinced me we can win.

I hate what this footy team does to me. Saturday I was throwing all the toys out of the cot & wanting Harry, Weiters, SOS traded. And now I'm back to watching on a friday night again, convinced that theses flower can make our weekend good.

Go Blues.

:banghead: :lol:

All is forgiven if they takes marks they should take, and kick goals they should kick.
That's something different that can happen tonight.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:23 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

sinbagger wrote:
Hornet wrote:
sinbagger wrote:

I recall Cripps turning it on in the last 2 rounds last year. Last game he was a marked man because Pies wanted 4th spot.
All Cripps did was win the ball and get it to a player who was free.
If Cripps gets the ball, his opponent doesn't run off form him.

Unleash the beast.
He has plenty of reason to bring out the best tonight: firstly to Caroline Wilson, proving his commitment to the team.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 12:25 pm 
Harry Vallence

Yeah I'm a bit uncertain on the matchups.

I'm assuming Young takes the resting ruck, Kemp goes to Fritsch, Weitering/Van Rooyen.

If SOS is in, he takes Lever again.

Leaves no real match up for Gov, and I'm not sure who takes Pickett either (Boyd?). Ben Brown lurking as an emergency makes me think potential late change if the weather holds up.

Shut down Pickett, rove smartly to their rucks, we win this. I hope Fisher is in to replace Durdin, no more of his pointless 25 touches rotating through the midfield please.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 12:54 pm 
Bruce Doull

Need big games from Boyd, Saad, Cincotta. Lower the eyes & avoid Lever & May at all costs.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 1:12 pm 
Wayne Johnston

I wonder how Cincotta might go if we give him a few bursts in the midfield? Does he have the burst of pace like Papley, etc? He’d certainly be stronger over the ball than Fisher.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 1:26 pm 
Ken Hunter

sinbagger wrote:
Sidefx wrote:
sinbagger wrote:

From a strategic point of view I'd agree.
However, it won't take them too long to work out they can just ignore him as he won't cause too much damage.
If you wanted to make that kind of a change in the middle, I'd prefer we parked Cripps in the F50 for the whole game.

You can’t hide Cripps in the forward line either, his opponent will just run off him all day, same as when he’s on the ball.

Not sure about that, if Cripps played forward his size would dictate a tall backman, whereas in the midfield he is matched against a runner. And he is near goals so if the defender leaves him...pressure can change everything (just ask Harry).

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 1:33 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

sinbagger wrote:
I wonder how Cincotta might go if we give him a few bursts in the midfield? Does he have the burst of pace like Papley, etc? He’d certainly be stronger over the ball than Fisher.

To my eye he isn't quick - he moves like Heath Scotland. Doesn't mean he couldn't go through there though - we couldn't do worse (than what we have now).

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

Last edited by Heavs on Fri Jun 02, 2023 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 1:41 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Heavs wrote:
sinbagger wrote:

To my eye he isn't quick - he moves like Heath Scotland. Doesn't mean he couldn't go through there though - we couldn't do worse.

He runs with the ball and maintains his distance whilst bouncing the ball. Ive seen that a dozen times. That's another reason he impresses me.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 1:53 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

bondiblue wrote:
Heavs wrote:
sinbagger wrote:

To my eye he isn't quick - he moves like Heath Scotland. Doesn't mean he couldn't go through there though - we couldn't do worse.

He runs with the ball and maintains his distance whilst bouncing the ball. Ive seen that a dozen times. That's another reason he impresses me.

Yeah for sure. I just don't think he has that 'burst' pace that Papley has.

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:05 pm 
Harry Vallence

Dow sub tonight

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:17 pm 
Rod Ashman

deano35 wrote:
Dow sub tonight

Good luck to him. When he gets his chance I hope he proves a few people wrong.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:30 pm 
John Nicholls

DesEnglish wrote:
deano35 wrote:
Dow sub tonight

Good luck to him. When he gets his chance I hope he proves a few people wrong.

So do I.

Unless we cop an early injury, putting him on the ground close to 3/4 time when we're already (likely) well and truly cooked hardly seems fair.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:46 pm 
Harry Vallence

bondiblue wrote:
Dodo27 wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Dodo27 wrote:

Right on DoDo

oh no... I was Dreaming..... just woke up and its back to reality... The usual 5 Goal loss tonight :donk: :donk:

I get your lack of faith. There's a bit of that in all of us; some more than others.

LOL... how can u have faith after all those weeks of Horror?

Actually, I only Said Carlton will win because I am Big Punter and my inside sources have been buzzing me all day to let me know the Blues will win and I always Trust them because of their Good record.

As a result, I have chucked in 5K on the blues to win U39.5.... wish me luck :)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:59 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Dodo27 wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Dodo27 wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Dodo27 wrote:

Right on DoDo

LOL... how can u have faith after all those weeks of Horror?

Actually, I only Said Carlton will win because I am Big Punter and my inside sources have been buzzing me all day to let me know the Blues will win and I always Trust them because of their Good record.

As a result, I have chucked in 5K on the blues to win U39.5.... wish me luck :)

Fair set of gonads on you my friend

:clap:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 3:00 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

deano35 wrote:
Dow sub tonight

Beggars can't be choosers

Good luck son

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 3:01 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Rod Spooky Galt wrote:
Yeah I'm a bit uncertain on the matchups.

I'm assuming Young takes the resting ruck, Kemp goes to Fritsch, Weitering/Van Rooyen.

If SOS is in, he takes Lever again.

Leaves no real match up for Gov, and I'm not sure who takes Pickett either (Boyd?). Ben Brown lurking as an emergency makes me think potential late change if the weather holds up.

Shut down Pickett, rove smartly to their rucks, we win this. I hope Fisher is in to replace Durdin, no more of his pointless 25 touches rotating through the midfield please.

I am concerned about the Melbourne vs Carlton match up

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 345 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next