Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Wed May 29, 2024 6:02 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 384 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 20  Next
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:52 am 
Harry Vallence

Anyone think Silvagni can play wing? It's an area we struggle, he has a good engine, good skills, can mark and will help push back and help. Allows us to play an extra small up front.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:22 am 
Stephen Kernahan

He played there quite a bit against Adelaide.
Seemed to go alright. I'm not sure he has the endurance without significant rotation.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:20 am 
Rod Ashman

FarmerBlue wrote:
Anyone think Silvagni can play wing? It's an area we struggle, he has a good engine, good skills, can mark and will help push back and help. Allows us to play an extra small up front.

Not quick enough. But don't mind the suggestion earlier of him playing on ball to replace Kennedy.
Also agree with Hayes back in to replace LOB.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:06 pm 
Harry Vallence

I hope Voss releases them a bit this week. Apart from needing to get back to being a tough contested side we need to take the game on more like we did earlier in the year. With the forward line we have we need to get it in quick

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:09 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

carntheblues wrote:
FarmerBlue wrote:

Not quick enough. But don't mind the suggestion earlier of him playing on ball to replace Kennedy.

I agree. He doesn't have speed in the legs. He has speed between the ears.

I don't think endurance is Jack's problem, unless he didn't keep up the running when he was in the Top 5 back in 2019: Ed, LOB, Walsh, Cottrell ahead of him then.

Its those outside riders who never (rarely) go in for a hard ball or execute a hard tackle, we need to weed out if we are going to play a successful Finals campaign in 2022 and beyond: Setterfield, LOB, Plowman, Fisher, Dow.

Playing 3 smalls in the forwardline without x factor (dangerous goal kicking) Motlop, Owies and Durdin is a bit rich too. I'd pick 2 only small forwards and Fisher would be in that group to consider too.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:31 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

I think structurally we are sound.

Saturday was all about effort, application and execution.

SOS in the team but not as a winger. As a forward with good tenacity and hustle.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:37 pm 
Harry Vallence

carntheblues wrote:
FarmerBlue wrote:

I agree he's not quick but which of our wings are? Not many break the lines if any.

I'd seriously put Fisher on one wing. Jack is smart and uses the ball well. He can make up for leg speed. It's Jack or Hayes for me

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:44 pm 
Harry Vallence

99prelim wrote:
rhino27 wrote:
Is Paddycripps related to that Walsh character who appeared suddenly last year to defend Teague and shitcan everyone else?

Was thinking EXACTLY the same thing

Not alone, there are posters on here who thrive on negativity and only show their heads after a bad loss. Never after a win.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:25 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Admitedly this is mate of a mate stuff but probably carries about as much cred as "a poster on BF says..." so I'll post it.
Cerra in doubt for this week too.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:54 pm 
Serge Silvagni

rhino27 wrote:
Admitedly this is mate of a mate stuff but probably carries about as much cred as "a poster on BF says..." so I'll post it.

Well Cerra have been average of late.

Quite a few have.

Those from the weekend that are not up to AFL standard (not in starting 22) include: Setterfield, O’Brian, Plowman.

Bring in Stocker, Newnes, Hayes, Dow, Martin.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:06 pm 
Geoff Southby

FarmerBlue wrote:

I would like to see Marchbank have a crack at the wing if he can get on the park.
We need a good contested mark on the wing, I can't remember what his intercept marking was like but I think it was pretty good IIRC?

Stocker for Newman
Dow for Kennedy
Marchbank for Setterfield
JSOS for Durdin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:49 pm 
Serge Silvagni

Sidefx wrote:
FarmerBlue wrote:

I would like to see Marchbank have a crack at the wing if he can get on the park.
We need a good contested mark on the wing, I can't remember what his intercept marking was like but I think it was pretty good IIRC?

Stocker for Newman
Dow for Kennedy
JSOS for Durdin

Add Hayes for O’Brian

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 3:05 pm 
Geoff Southby

BlueJean wrote:
Sidefx wrote:
FarmerBlue wrote:

Stocker for Newman
Dow for Kennedy
JSOS for Durdin

Add Hayes for O’Brian

Nah, I don't rate him.
Happy to be proven wrong, but for a 27yo his last game was well below AFL level.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 3:09 pm 
Serge Silvagni

Sidefx wrote:
BlueJean wrote:
Sidefx wrote:
FarmerBlue wrote:

Stocker for Newman
Dow for Kennedy
JSOS for Durdin

Add Hayes for O’Brian

Nah, I don't rate him.
Happy to be proven wrong, but for a 27yo his last game was well below AFL level.

He has only played ONE game for us…

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 3:19 pm 
Geoff Southby

BlueJean wrote:
Sidefx wrote:
BlueJean wrote:
Sidefx wrote:
FarmerBlue wrote:

Stocker for Newman
Dow for Kennedy
JSOS for Durdin

Add Hayes for O’Brian

Nah, I don't rate him.

He has only played ONE game for us…

Correct.
And he only played 11 games in 3 years at the Dogs, for a reason.
He seems to lack penetration in his kicking and I just don't see how he is an upgrade to what we have.
Like I said, I am happy to be proven wrong.
I do like his pressure and intent though, maybe we need to try him in the middle or in the forward line instead.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 3:41 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

BlueJean wrote:
rhino27 wrote:

Well Cerra have been average of late.

Quite a few have.

Those from the weekend that are not up to AFL standard (not in starting 22) include: Setterfield, O’Brian, Plowman.

Bring in Stocker, Newnes, Hayes, Dow, Martin.

I beg do differ about Cerra.
He got injured against Effendopes and didnt play in the following games against Tigers and Freo games

He had one bad game in his first game back from injury against the Saints.
He was selected when he wasn't exactly fit to play. We were desperate him when Dow should've been picked.
Says something about Dow more than anything. The rest of the team were lame against the saints too.

He played really well in our win against WCE. 27 x D; 9 x I50's; 500m
Was one of our best against the Cats. 24 x D; 3 tackles; 4 SI's and he chased and his tackles were rewarded
After Cats game Kane Cornes on SEN said Cerra was invisible and not worth $800K pa.
It was publicly stated that Freo and Carlton offered Cerra $600pa and 5 years. More click bait, and some took it.

His next game vs GWS 27 x D; 6 x tackles; 5 x SI's; chased his guts out
Last week's game he was in our best 5; 27 x D; 9 x tackles :smoking: ; 9 x CP's

Cerra has been above average, and one of our better players and the guy doesn't give up the hard chase.
He plays with pride, and only had one bad game.

I agree about LOB, Settrefield, Plowman and feel the same about Dow, Newnes and feel Hayes might be OK.
And feel Martin is underdone.

I assume Stocker to miss due to concussion protocol, like Kennedy.

Lets pray Cerra isnt injured. He has some pace we need badly

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 3:46 pm 
Harry Vallence

Sidefx wrote:
FarmerBlue wrote:

Stocker for Newman
Dow for Kennedy
JSOS for Durdin

Agree. Marchbank played a lot of wing in Under 18s and was very good. Just needs to get on the park

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 3:55 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

All those saying Stocker in, please talk me through your logic.

He got concussed, played half a game, and didn't look amazing when he did.

Over to you.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 3:57 pm 
Bruce Doull

Sure there’s THAT….!

Kindest regards tommi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 3:59 pm 
Geoff Southby

tommi wrote:
Sure there’s THAT….!

Kindest regards tommi

Yep, I did not know that either.
Newnes?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 384 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 20  Next