Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:35 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 270 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:06 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

FarmerBlue wrote:
My guess

B: Boyd Young Plowman
HB: Docherty Kemp Saad
C: Newnes Cripps O’Brien
HF: Durdin McKay Fisher
F: Silvagni Curnow Owies/Honey
Foll: TDK Hewett Walsh
Int: Kennedy Newman Cerra Cottrell (Hayes)

Assuming Pittonet Weitering need another week. If they are fit then Weitering for Kemp and Pittonet for ???? (I honestly have no idea)

Got me.

I have no idea either, but like the MC you have to make a call.

I'll wait for you :wink: Holy cow, all the names including the Owies/Honey names are all deserved inclusions.

I've got Cottrell on the ground from the get go. He doesn't bother our limited quota of IC rotations.
LOB and Newnes have good engines too, not like Cottrell though.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:10 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

I haven't heard of any news regarding injury to Boyd, Owies, Martin, Carroll or Philp.
The first 3 names are probable best 22 selections.

Motlop goes, Honey I'd like to see play another one, but on last in first out basis, his name is next.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:38 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Another test in a year full of tests. I'd forgotten what it takes to be a good side. Lose this and the Freo win is maybe not for nothing but it'll mean less. Have we arrived, truly? Need to work just as hard again as you'd expect St K to be filthy and they'll now hunt us.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:41 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

I'd keep Honey in. I think the MC need to send a message to players who keep breaking down with injury. Martin ought to spend some time in the VFL to show he's durable and fair dinkum. Nobody can tell me he has delivered since coming to the Blues. Honey blew out the senior cobwebs. Didn't get much of it but at times showed the strength, speed and skilled touch that I believe will make him a fine player at senior level. Give him an extended run. I'd love to find a way to keep him and Motlop (who also showed his talent) in the side and also bring Owies in if deemed fit. Maybe they'll be conservative and give Owies another week.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:32 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Paddycripps wrote:
I'd keep Honey in. I think the MC need to send a message to players who keep breaking down with injury. Martin ought to spend some time in the VFL to show he's durable and fair dinkum. Nobody can tell me he has delivered since coming to the Blues. Honey blew out the senior cobwebs. Didn't get much of it but at times showed the strength, speed and skilled touch that I believe will make him a fine player at senior level. Give him an extended run. I'd love to find a way to keep him and Motlop (who also showed his talent) in the side and also bring Owies in if deemed fit. Maybe they'll be conservative and give Owies another week.

You're mad to leave out a talent like Martin. Martin is still in my Best 22 ...

But I agree re Martin and Honey.

I have no problem with Motlop and Owies, but Owies has made a fool of me everytime Ive had doubts and he is elite in some categories. I don't think Motlop is primed or fit enough to play Finals footy, but you're not talking Finals Footy.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:52 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

bondiblue wrote:
Paddycripps wrote:

I have no problem with Motlop and Owies, but Owies has made a fool of me everytime Ive had doubts and he is elite in some categories. I don't think Motlop is primed or fit enough to play Finals footy, but you're not talking Finals Footy.

Martin is a talent who seems to get injured every few games and who let's be honest has not delivered on the investment the club made on him.

I think we are building a density of talent we no longer need to play favourites. I believe Honey is a talent who if given continuity in the seniors could seriously blossom.

Owies I understand what you're saying and I have had the same experiences under rating him. His 2 goals against Coll were huge and got us back into the game. I am not saying don't pick him if fit rather I'd love it if we could play all 3 small forwards. I thought Motlop was good the other day - didn't kick any goals but was clean and linked up well on occasion and applied really good fwd pressure. I think he is a genuine serious talent.

I consider Honey a HFF not a small fwd.

I think the small fwd / HF area is one of the areas we can still improve greatly. I think that area and the wings we are starting to see growth but in both areas we should be so much better in 10 weeks, 20 weeks, 30 weeks.

One day, when we have better luck with injuries, the MC are going to have GOOD headaches at the selection table.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:21 pm 
Ken Hunter

Owies is apparently 50/50 to play this round.

Is Martin even fit? He usually misses 2 weeks.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:27 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

To the surprise of no one on this site, I’m a worrier and nervous Nellie. Always hoping for and wanting the best but terrified of the opposite.

With what we have all endured in modern times, the fact that we are 10-4 and being considered legitimately as finalists and even Top 4/premiership material is mind blowing to me. I don’t for one second take it for granted and I’m absolutely thrilled we have put ourselves in this position.

Long way to go and we have a tough run home. But even I take some comfort in the fact that if we bring our best and play our way for longer, we can trouble any side in the comp.

Starts this week.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:34 pm 
Geoff Southby

MPH78 wrote:
To the surprise of no one on this site, I’m a worrier and nervous Nellie. Always hoping for and wanting the best but terrified of the opposite.

With what we have all endured in modern times, the fact that we are 10-4 and being considered legitimately as finalists and even Top 4/premiership material is mind blowing to me. I don’t for one second take it for granted and I’m absolutely thrilled we have put ourselves in this position.

Long way to go and we have a tough run home. But even I take some comfort in the fact that if we bring our best and play our way for longer, we can trouble any side in the comp.

Starts this week.

A worrier and a nervous Nellie ? reckon we all are 78 . Its just a matter of what degree .

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:44 pm 
formerly Fevola

Brad Hill and Ryder are back so they are bringing some players back in. So we need to not take them lightly.

The Membrey always kill us. And King is a handfull as well.

Another game into Steele too.

I hate St Kilda really bad !!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:01 pm 
Rod Ashman

The heat will be on them, and esp Max King all week.
We had better be ready.
I reckon we set a new standard for ourselves in terms of evenness and 4qtr effort. Must maintain at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:32 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

17th Premiership wrote:
I reckon we set a new standard for ourselves in terms of evenness and 4qtr effort. Must maintain at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:34 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

This game will either be real close or we will belt them I reckon

Surely they will respond?
Or maybe they're just not as good as many think they are. I mean they were all at sea against Syd.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:37 pm 
Harry Vallence

bondiblue wrote:
Paddycripps wrote:

Martin has the ability but does he have the effort? If he is prepared to do what others did on the weekend he is best 22 player but it is a big IF

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:40 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

FarmerBlue wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Paddycripps wrote:

Martin has the ability but does he have the effort? If he is prepared to do what others did on the weekend he is best 22 player but it is a big IF

I question that too.
Honey was quite prominent I thought against Freo at applying relentless chasing and pressure. He is quick Honey. I really thought he and Motlop brought good speed at chasing defenders. Again don't get me wrong I like Owies but he isn't quick.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:48 pm 
Harry Vallence

Paddycripps wrote:
FarmerBlue wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Paddycripps wrote:

I question that too.
Honey was quite prominent I thought against Freo at applying relentless chasing and pressure. He is quick Honey. I really thought he and Motlop brought good speed at chasing defenders. Again don't get me wrong I like Owies but he isn't quick.

Honey, Durdin, Owies, Motlop are still developing. All different but a good group. Fogarty is there as well. Cuningham can also play there as can Fisher who I prefer further up the ground. Williams is another

Martin plays almost like a 3rd tall. If he can get it right he will add a lot

If Carroll Stocker step us other midfielders we could easily be pushing Walsh, Cerra through the forward line as small options as well. Nice to have options

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:51 pm 
Harry Vallence

bondiblue wrote:
FarmerBlue wrote:
My guess

Assuming Pittonet Weitering need another week. If they are fit then Weitering for Kemp and Pittonet for ???? (I honestly have no idea)

Got me.

I'll wait for you :wink: Holy cow, all the names including the Owies/Honey names are all deserved inclusions.

I've got Cottrell on the ground from the get go. He doesn't bother our limited quota of IC rotations.

Weitering for Kemp or Plowman is one option

If Pittonet comes in, it could be to give Silvagni a rest, and if not a smaller player would need to go out and that makes a massive difference to our structure. At the moment everyone in that side deserves their spot

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:10 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Gee a lot of this week's selections I reckon will come down to how bad Voss and his coaches reckon St K are. I mean do they think St K can turn that horrible form around so quick? Their shape and ball movement was really poor. I am not sure they can flick a switch on that stuff. If we think St K can't turn it on in the space of 1 week then they might give Weiters (and Pitto if fit) another week and show faith in the 22 that got the job done so well against Freo.

Hill and Ryder back and Membrey and King up forward is scary though. Personally I would be tempted to play Jacob if the medicos say he is right to go. We have a chance to finish top 4 and get the double chance. I say go for it.

I am assuming Boyd is going to be OK. Fingers crossed. Really like this kid.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:13 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

FarmerBlue wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
FarmerBlue wrote:
My guess

Got me.

Weitering for Kemp or Plowman is one option

If Pittonet comes in, it could be to give Silvagni a rest, and if not a smaller player would need to go out and that makes a massive difference to our structure. At the moment everyone in that side deserves their spot

You're still sitting on the fence FB, because SOS more than likely will play. Which small goes out? Just kidding.

Its a great problem to have and it will continue to be more difficult and cut throat as the weeks go by.

From a punter's/ fan's POV, every player in our best 30 has something to offer to help us win games. Its the blokes like Newnes who have strong bodies who may be the best choice in Finals. Who knows? Every player has the next 8 games or 2 moths to get fitter and stronger. I expect Voss to be giving players a break closer to Finals and a fuller list to choose from.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:16 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Paddycripps wrote:
Gee a lot of this week's selections I reckon will come down to how bad Voss and his coaches reckon St K are. I mean do they think St K can turn that horrible form around so quick? Their shape and ball movement was really poor. I am not sure they can flick a switch on that stuff. If we think St K can't turn it on in the space of 1 week then they might give Weiters (and Pitto if fit) another week and show faith in the 22 that got the job done so well against Freo.

Hill and Ryder back and Membrey and King up forward is scary though. Personally I would be tempted to play Jacob if the medicos say he is right to go. We have a chance to finish top 4 and get the double chance. I say go for it.

I am assuming Boyd is going to be OK. Fingers crossed. Really like this kid.

I say get the wins whilst we can.

Better to give players time off to refresh before the full dress rehearsal for Finals vs Dees Lions and Pies....around that time, Gov, Martin & Cunners will have their hand up pushing for maximum time on ground.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 270 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next