Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:58 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 2:59 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

So YOU'RE the one who likes the soulless dome Bondi? I knew there had to be someone.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 3:02 pm 
Bruce Doull

Hopefully 45k at this game

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 3:44 pm 
Harry Vallence

I remember there was a stretch in 2011 where we were going well and played a few interstate teams in a row at Etihad with about 40k at each.

You'd hope being Friday night we'd get it rocking

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 4:24 pm 
Laurie Kerr

CK95 wrote:

Just tried to purchase the best/most expensive tickets I could because I'm moving overseas and won't get to a game for a long time. I was hoping for something on level 2. Best I could manage was row J level 3.

Tells me either this game is going to be a complete sell out or this new ticketing system is completely flowered.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 4:30 pm 
Craig Bradley

Vossy mentioned in his presser that we “won a different way” (or words to that effect), which is great - when we have to.

To preserve the ‘base’ set up that has seen the side evolve, I would think Young and Stocker will definitely come back in this week. We’ll also retain the four smalls in the forward line.

Where the outs come from is tricky.

Newman had nine score involvements from 19 disposals. He’s down for just four clangers, including two frees against. He’s has better disposal volume, but that’s about as influential as you can be from a back pocket.

Similarly, Kemp had half a dozen score involvements from a key defensive post - and was the genesis of three of those chains. Suffice to say, he was better offensively than he was defensively.

Carroll was a bit flat & might be the unlucky one.

Newnes is a solution for every zone, so he’s likely to stay in.

Def: Weitering, Young, Plowman, Newman, Docherty, Saad, Stocker
Mids: De Koning, Cripps, Kennedy, Hewett, Walsh, Cerra, Newnes, O’Brien/Carroll
Fwd: Curnow, Silvagni, Kemp, Fisher, Owies, Durdin, Motlop

Out: Williams, Cottrell (sub), O’Brien or Carroll
In: Young, Stocker

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 4:45 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Crusader wrote:
Vossy mentioned in his presser that we “won a different way” (or words to that effect), which is great - when we have to.

To preserve the ‘base’ set up that has seen the side evolve, I would think Young and Stocker will definitely come back in this week. We’ll also retain the four smalls in the forward line.

Newman had nine score involvements from 19 disposals. He’s down for just four clangers, including two frees against. He’s has better disposal volume, but that’s about as influential as you can be from a back pocket.

Similarly, Kemp had half a dozen score involvements from a key defensive post - and was the genesis of three of those chains. Suffice to say, he was better offensively than he was defensively.

I'm not an LOB fan by any means, but he aint getting dropped.
I think Carroll is a ripper and has a big future, but tend to agree that he may need to go back for a couple of weeks.
If he does, I'd likely bring Dow in ahead of Stocker. I'd leave Cottrell as sub.
So for me:
Out: Williams, Carroll
In: Young, Dow

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 4:54 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

bluehammer wrote:
So YOU'RE the one who likes the soulless dome Bondi? I knew there had to be someone.

I don't know anyone who doesn't like the Dome other than what I read here at TC.

I think it has a great atmosphere.
I've always found the seating great.
I love the noise when the roof is on.

That Lions win in Teague's first game with only 30,000 at the game was electric: a sound I hadn't heard for a long long long time....sound like soul music to me... if you hum to it.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 4:58 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

CK95 wrote:

By the sound of it, it may be a sell out.

At dinner last Thursday I told a Swans player, and family friend from Melbourne I was looking forward to the game vs Swans at the Dome, and I will not be barracking for him. He said he really likes the Dome and all the family were attending too. Gladly and Sadly he wont be playing due to suspension.

Its going to be HUGE.

This game will be one for the ages and the 24th player (the Carlton fans) will give them a huge lift to the winning line.

Go Blues

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 4:59 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

peabody wrote:
CK95 wrote:

Just tried to purchase the best/most expensive tickets I could because I'm moving overseas and won't get to a game for a long time. I was hoping for something on level 2. Best I could manage was row J level 3.

Tells me either this game is going to be a complete sell out or this new ticketing system is completely flowered.

Better be the former reason.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 5:01 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

If Kemp stays, either he or Young go forward and IMHO, Stocker comes in for Williams.
Coaches like continuity and rightly so. Therefore I'd expect Young play key back to allow our defenders to build on the chemistry they've developed. (Even though he's probably a more dangerous target up front than Kemp)

Crusaders team looks pretty good IMO with Carroll being the unlucky exclusion.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 5:17 pm 
Bob Chitty

bondiblue wrote:
bluehammer wrote:

I don't know anyone who doesn't like the Dome other than what I read here at TC.

That Lions win in Teague's first game with only 30,000 at the game was electric: a sound I hadn't heard for a long long long time....sound like soul music to me... if you hum to it.

agree, im a fan. getting in and out of the stadium with parking is the easiest stadium as well (expensive, but it makes life easy)

getting to the point id rather go to etihad that mcg, just due to the ease of getting in and out of the stadium.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 6:00 pm 
Harry Vallence

Going to be an interesting selection. I wonder if we might give Mirkov a run. He is raw but talented and won’t let us down. With no second ruck and McKay missing we need some height especially at Marvel.

Allows TDK to go forward and Jack play permanent forward.

Young is the other option as back up ruck but I like him in defence and helping Weitering.

Get Pittonet McDonald McGovern McKay back before finals and we are in a great spot

Last edited by FarmerBlue on Tue May 17, 2022 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 6:12 pm 
Harry Vallence

I’ve been impressed by Cottrell the last two weeks. He could easily fill Williams spot. He is tough, runs hard and is a good long kick. I have no issue with him off HB

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 8:26 pm 
Ken Hunter

bondiblue wrote:
bluehammer wrote:

I like the ground too.
Like you said the seating is good and the closed roof adds to the atmosphere. I especially like it in the Winter months when it is cold and you don't have to worry about the weather. Easy to get to as well. Nothing beats the MCG but this venue is good too.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 9:17 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

I will humbly concede that my view of complete hatred for the place is not shared universally

Sorry!

2 main things for me... The 'double glazing' effect of no fans on level 2,insukating top from bottom sucks.

And it is always 'hazy' with the roof closed. I don't mind roof open on an overcast day.

But winning there is gradually helping I suppose.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 9:31 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Crusader wrote:

What has Phil Collins got to do with anything?

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 9:33 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

rhino27 wrote:
Crusader wrote:

I'm not an LOB fan by any means, but he aint getting dropped.
I think Carroll is a ripper and has a big future, but tend to agree that he may need to go back for a couple of weeks.
If he does, I'd likely bring Dow in ahead of Stocker. I'd leave Cottrell as sub.
So for me:
Out: Williams, Carroll
In: Young, Dow

Why are fans obsessed with Dow?
He hasn't been picked all year. It's hard to see him getting a game unless we have multiple mids injured.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 9:34 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

bluehammer wrote:
I will humbly concede that my view of complete hatred for the place is not shared universally

Sorry!

2 main things for me... The 'double glazing' effect of no fans on level 2,insukating top from bottom sucks.

And it is always 'hazy' with the roof closed. I don't mind roof open on an overcast day.

But winning there is gradually helping I suppose.

I don't mind the Dome. It's no MCG though (and it's dark)

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 9:35 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

FarmerBlue wrote:
I’ve been impressed by Cottrell the last two weeks. He could easily fill Williams spot. He is tough, runs hard and is a good long kick. I have no issue with him off HB

Yeah love the skinny ginger bread man. Been good. Very underrated.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 9:35 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Mickstar wrote:
This mob are highly gettable .

So was Debbie Wilson in Year 8.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next