Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:38 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1016 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 51  Next
 Post subject: Re: Injury Thread 2022
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:35 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

GreatEx wrote:
How is it manipulation just because it doesn't match the website? .

Because the poster said the information is "As listed on their own websites".
I would have thought it's pretty simple really. :?
The information doesn't match the websites.

Last edited by Blue Vain on Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:08 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Bondiblue wrote:
Just because Chol has a Title of forward on a website, doesn't mean he's not a ruck. In fact, Ive seen him ruck this year. Have a look at his stats for this year. Looks like a ruck, plays the ruck, hits the ball in a ruck contest like a ruck, smells like a ruck, therefore he must be a duck. :wink: Come on BV.

I'm not trying to pick a fight but I think you're a being a bit rough on Farmer's research, and being selective yourself to 'manipulate' your point.

Levi Casboult was recruited as a forward to Gold Coast. He averages less hitouts this season than Harry McKay or Patrick Cripps. So is he there as a ruckman? If so, are Harry and Crippa ruckmen?
Lewis Young played as a ruckman for the Bulldogs last year and averaged more hitouts last year than Mabior Chol is averaging this year. Does that make him a ruckman?
Carlton is listed on our website as having 4 ruckmen. Domanic Akuei is our 4th. Does that make him a ruckman?
I wouldn't have thought so.

We have Pittonet, we have TDK, we have Mirkov, we have JSOS who is doing a lion hearted job, we have Lewis Young who played in an AFL finals series last year as a ruckman, we have Oscar McDonald who was capable of competing in the ruck.
So I'm glad you're not trying to pick a fight because neither was I. But for posters to suggest the list managers are "dumb" by not having another ruckman on the list is nonsense IMHO.
There's limited numbers on the list and if they didn't think there was another adequate ruckman to select, I back the decision completely. How anyone can be looking to bag our list manager at the moment baffles me. :?

(Sorry for the edits, I [REDACTED] up the quoting function)

Last edited by Blue Vain on Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:32 pm, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:16 pm 
Geoff Southby

https://www.goldcoastfc.com.au/players/1125/mabior-chol#playerbio

Quote:
Recruited from the Richmond Football Club, Mabior Chol has been a key part of the SUNS forward line in 2022. The dynamic ruck/forward has showcased glimpses of his immense talent and athleticism and will look to build his AFL career at the SUNS, having signed on until at least the end of 2025.

Nothing about rucking for Levi though.

Quote:
After 154 games and 10 seasons at Carlton, Casboult made his way to Gold Coast via the Rookie Draft. A key forward with strong hands, he kicked 156 goals for the Blues and brings plenty of experience to the Suns. He will provide support in a talented forward line.

As for a 4th ruck or ruck/......... for us.
I see the merit in this, however I prefer if TDK and Pitto are that combo and we use that spot for another KP tall.
Unless we can find a mature athletic KP defender/ruck of course.
But not another ruck only for me.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:10 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Blue Vain wrote:
Bondiblue wrote:
Just because Chol has a Title of forward on a website, doesn't mean he's not a ruck. In fact, Ive seen him ruck this year. Have a look at his stats for this year. Looks like a ruck, plays the ruck, hits the ball in a ruck contest like a ruck, smells like a ruck, therefore he must be a duck. :wink: Come on BV.

I'm not trying to pick a fight but I think you're a being a bit rough on Farmer's research, and being selective yourself to 'manipulate' your point.

Levi Casboult was recruited as a forward to Gold Coast. He averages less hitouts this season than Harry McKay or Patrick Cripps. So is he there as a ruckman? If so, are Harry and Crippa ruckmen?
Lewis Young played as a ruckman for the Bulldogs last year and averaged more hitouts last year than Mabior Chol is averaging this year. Does that make him a ruckman?
Carlton is listed on our website as having 4 ruckmen. Domanic Akuei is our 4th. Does that make him a ruckman?
I wouldn't have thought so.

We have Pittonet, we have TDK, we have Mirkov, we have JSOS who is doing a lion hearted job, we have Lewis Young who played in an AFL finals series last year as a ruckman, we have Oscar McDonald who was capable of competing in the ruck.
So I'm glad you're not trying to pick a fight because neither was I. But for posters to suggest the list managers are "dumb" by not having another ruckman on the list is nonsense IMHO.
There's limited numbers on the list and if they didn't think there was another adequate ruckman to select, I back the decision completely. How anyone can be looking to bag our list manager at the moment baffles me. :?

(Sorry for the edits, I [REDACTED] up the quoting function)

Cheers BV

Levi is and was always recruited as a break glass option for GCS. Whether that was for a KPF role or a ruck role, he was always break glass option. If Witts went down, and King didnt do his ACL, would you be surprised if Levi took the No 1 ruck mantle over a 194cm 3rd tall (similar ilk to Silvagni?). Levi is a ruck, and he's a KPF, and we know he's also a KPD, because we know he is. In fact, some wish he was still on our list given our injury predicament. We don't need to focus on what he's called on their website, do we?

There's good reason why Young hasn't been taken out of the KPD role to ruck, and a bad reason why we have Jack rucking against the like of Preuss. That last match up wouldn't be allowed in boxing for good reason, but we do it because...the cupboard is bare. Mirkov is not a ruckman, he's a project ruckman, and Young is listed as a KPD but ...

With Jones retiring, if Weiters, McGovern, Oscar and Marchbank were available, I believe Young would have been selected to the ruck role to wax with TDK, so I get your point that we do have ruck support on our list with Pitto, TDK as No. 1 & 2 rucks with Young as back up, and without being meaning to sound rude, I don't care what Akuei is pigeon holed on a website, he is 2cm shorter than Jack Silvagni and 13 kgs lighter. Nowhere near the profile required to be a bonafide ruckman, if Jack isn't a ruckman, Akuei is definetely not one either. I know he was in Under 18's because of his leap...he was in a different league. The Big Boys would eat him alive and he'd be on our injury list. So, we don't have to believe everything written on a website if our gut feel doesn't agree, and a club's actions in selection don't support the Title given.

If Akuei is a ruckman, then we have 1 ruckman, 1 developing ruckman and 2 project ruckmen we can't even consider to use in the ruck, one of them, not even in the reserves.

I agree the List Mgr shouldn't be held responsible for the List profile today. The list is the list, not because the list manager is 'dumb' (I missed that comment, and didnt realise it was the central to the debate...oops). Its all about opportunity, and with that opportunity costs. Lists take years to build and so far Austin has selected a lot of gems with early and latter picks. If the right opportunity comes for a 4th ruck I'm sure Austin would take it. If not there for the taking, then the opportunity isnt there.

My point is that 4 rucks does not create an unbalanced list. If there is list inbalance, then for me it implies there is a lot of deadwood we are carrying with no improvement insight, or the player selected for a particular role doesn't have the attributes to play that role, or unforseen injury, in our case KPD and Ruck....because Mirkov isn't a ruckman yet despite his size.

TDK can't make a success of the No 1 ruck role at this stage of his career: he is 23yo this year, and has a couple more years to go before he is capable of being the No 1 kahuna imo. I don't like losing Jack from the linking role he plays, and hate watching him get thrashed in the ruck against a beast 15 kgs heavier.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:15 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Round 1 pick draft
Round 2 pick draft
Round 3 trade for .......
Round 4 upgrade of rookie
FA .........

With 5 spots freed up:

We have a list that fully fit can challenge for the Flag from this year on.
We have enough time for players we want to play in our best 22 to heal
We have an opportunity to add a KPD, a ruck and a good wingman.

Lets see what Austin surprises us with this year.

I'm sure this years injuries will shape Austin's selections, or at least some of them.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:34 pm 
Craig Bradley

Fogarty, Owies, Boyd, Philp…

Rotten week for the smalls.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:00 am 
Geoff Southby

We are playing with so much Ferocity like never before . Reckon that's got as much to do with our injury problems as anything else myself .

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:12 pm 
Geoff Southby

27 June update-
https://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/11594 ... s-round-16

Philp & Parks out for the season.
Boyd (foot) out for “an extended period but is a chance to return later in the season”.
Cerra, Owies, Martin & Fogarty a test.
Weitering another week away.
Pittonet, McGovern, S. Durdin & Williams at least 2 more weeks.
No update on E Curnow, Cunners or Marchbank.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:16 pm 
Harry Vallence

aboynamedsue wrote:
27 June update-
https://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/11594 ... s-round-16

Philp & Parks out for the season.
Boyd (foot) out for “an extended period but is a chance to return later in the season”.
Cerra, Martin & Fogarty a test.
Weitering another week away.
Pittonet, McGovern, S. Durdin & Williams at least 2 more weeks.
No update on Cunners or Marchbank.

:mad: :mad:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:42 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Is this a sick joke?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:46 pm 
Ken Hunter

Another Marvel Stadium foot issue. The sooner we get out of this flowering concrete surface the better.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:53 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Another defender going down with injury? Well, there's a surprise.
As a positive, I wouldn't be writing Weitering off this week yet.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:57 pm 
Ken Hunter

Blue Vain wrote:
Another defender going down with injury? Well, there's a surprise.
As a positive, I wouldn't be writing Weitering off this week yet.

Imagine if it was Kemp BV. :banghead:

Post subject: Injury Thread 2022
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:02 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

16 players
Apart from covid outs this would have to be some sort of record.

It is amazing we are getting close with these numbers and what is more amazing the reserves are holding up pretty well

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk

Post subject: Injury Thread 2022
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:07 pm 
Ken Hunter

A lot of the injury update is pretty non-committal...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:48 pm 
Geoff Southby

missnaut wrote:
A lot of the injury update is pretty non-committal...

I guess that’s the nature of it. Sometimes it’s a genuine “wait and see” how an injury responds to treatment or stands up to increased loads.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:52 pm 
Geoff Southby

Sydney Blue wrote:
16 players

17 actually, counting Williamson (gardening leave).

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:07 pm 
Geoff Southby

B: Boyd S.Durdin McGovern
HB: Williams Weitering Marchbank
C: E Curnow Cunningham Williamson
HF: Martin McDonald Philp
F: Owies Parks Fogarty

R: Pittonet Cerra

Even with only 17 men, I reckon the above side would come close to beating some Carlton sides from the past 20 years…..
:donk:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:38 pm 
Ken Hunter

aboynamedsue wrote:
B: Boyd S.Durdin McGovern
HB: Williams Weitering Marchbank
C: E Curnow Cunningham Williamson
HF: Martin McDonald Philp
F: Owies Parks Fogarty

R: Pittonet Cerra

Even with only 17 men, I reckon the above side would come close to beating some Carlton sides from the past 20 years…..
:donk:

:yikes:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:15 pm 
Ken Hands

I cannot understand what has gone wrong with Cunningham. He should've been back. Y now.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1016 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 51  Next